Why did this faggot take the money?

Why did this faggot take the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

help.netflix.com/en/node/9898
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better question: why didnt he just count the money in the back room and find the tracking device?

You wouldn't?

He wanted to be chased by Sugar.

He was conflicted at first, but figured that it had no owner.

It's an understandable oversight.

because he was a gay homo with a peepee that got hard when he saw gay naked men thrusting their muscular buttholes! lol!!!

That is the whole point. He was in over his head right from the start

he lived in a trailer, worked as a welder, and his wife worked at wal-mart

Better question yet:

Why neither of the border officers saw him throwing the suitcase or didnt stop him if he was clearly covered in blood when he passed both controls after the fight with Sugar?

Is the border near el Paso that easy to cross?

Why did you eat that bar of chocolate even though you know it's bad for you?

Are you trying to make a subtle 'blacked' joke?

he really hates mexicans

Oh for fucks sake!

Nah man, I guarantee if I found a briefcase of money surrounded by dead Mexicans I would turn 360 degrees and walk away

Just imagine if he didn't go back to give that guy water, he would never have known they were coming for him. He would have never seen Anton coming

No you fucking obsessed cuck. I'm just trying to help you understand why people do stupid things.

On the Mexican side they don't give a shit. They just want gringo dollars.

Anyone watching on IFC right now? He just fucked up that businessman guy.

Oh come on. Any police officer, as careless as he mihgt be, would stop you and ask questions if he saw you covered in blood.

>Is the border near el Paso that easy to cross?

It was in the early 80s.

I honestly thought welders made good money.

Why didn't he take the heroin?

>Current year
>Watching television

Ah, I get it. So, are big thick chocolate bars as irresistible for you as a briefcase full of money?

to buy agua
its like you didnt even watch the movie

>Netflix

Nope, but I've seen that movie so many times I know exactly where you are. "Do you see me?"

Is this real?

Lel

Is that real?

Buenos Dias

Call it, Sup Forums.

Netflix is full of bad descriptions

Yep, I got an itch to watch it after reading this thread.

I had to stand up and walk out of the room after reading that summary.

Tails

Quarter don't got no say, It's you.

Those are dive welders. Since that shit is actually dangerous.

This movie's almost ten years old

I got here the same way the coin did.

Well spotted

It isnt now, back then it used to be. Even in the 90s you could just come and go.

after he found the radio locator and managed to get away from chigur he should have EASILY been able to get away along with his family.

instead he faffed around that's why he eventually got shot by mexicans

>2007 was literally almost 10 years ago

>And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
>No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Would Sugarman even find him? He had the tracker but it was my understanding it only worked within a certain range. If Brolin lived far enough away from that area I think he'd live long enough to see himself become a grapefruit.

Id probably grab as much as i could stuff in my pockets and never look back.

I mean, just one wad of cash has to be more than he makes in a year.

Did anyone see Hell or High Water a few months ago? It felt a lot like No Country for Old Men. Wasn't as good, but was pretty comfy.

yeah i noticed that the other day

Yeah I liked it a lot. Chris Pine surprised the hell out of me.
Not nearly as good as No Country but I don't think it was trying to be as good or even really anything like it.

Yeah it was more light-hearted for sure, and a bit too much on the nose when it had a point to make, but it was pretty well done.

Josh Brolin is such a GOAT actor. It's nice that he is back making a lot of good movies.

This. I'm middle class and a couple million would be nice but I would run as fast as I could. Wouldn't even call the cops

Probably favourite film of the year, after Hacksaw Ridge

patrol was basically asleep remember

>back making good movies
>playing a a capeshit villian

lol

tbf it was 1980. a tracking device?

remember how he acts when he finds it, it's sci fi shit

Men in Black III, Sicario and the Oldboy and True Grit remakes were bretty good.

Men in Black 3 was terrible, user.
Sicario is the only one I'd consider good from your list.
Nu Grit and Old Boy were only competent remakes at best.

Your taste is shit.

His life was plain and boring. For that brief moment in his life, there was some spark. Some excitement. That reminded him he was alive. Even though it killed him in the end he was more alive than he has been all his life. And he was okay with that because where he was, there was no country for men like him anyways.

I feel dumb. I just realized who his trailer trash wife was played by

got a scroogy?

They are a disgrace. And the ratings are all over the place. Utter shit rated 5 stars. Great films rated 2 stars.

Makes it so difficult to find good stuff to watch.

They should just use imdb ratings and descriptions.

I guess in some places the work isn't guaranted

If you are working, you do.

He might have got away if he didn't go back actually. The tracker that Anton had seemed to have a pretty small activation radius.

Gee I wonder.

360 degrees makes you still face it, retard.

>he should have EASILY been able to get away along with his family.
The Mexicans and Anton knew that he would be trying to escape with his wife and Mother In Law at that point. Thats how the Mexicans got him, they found his family and the Mother In Law gave too much away.

How did the Beatles even get so popular? They're ugly to mediocre

Nope still is easier then finding a hole in a fence.

Go away scaruffi

It's a meme you dip.

I'm critiquing their looks, not their music

Good, because they got popular because of their music

Which is garbage as well.

I could understand it if they were handsome, but there's nothing worth liking.

I'd take. Then I'd count it. Then I'd hide it.

Remember, the only reason he got caught really was going back to give the guy water. If he'd have just swallowed his conscience and stayed home, they probably never would have found him.

>I could understand it if they were handsome

You sound so american

I'm being realistic, there are plenty of bands and actors who are only popular because they're good-looking.

name one

I though tit was really good. I'm not sure whether I liked one more than the other or if I liked them equally, but I though Hell or High Water was really good like No Country.

for some reason this exchange made me kek hard

the ratings are based on what you watch on netflix. if its five star that means there is a likely chance you would like that movie/show.

and you just fell for it.

So it doesn't just average the amount of ratings?

help.netflix.com/en/node/9898

They need to change it. It's terrible.

I'd rather watch something because 1000s of people rated it 5 stars instead of their shitty algorithm thinking maybe I'll like it.

I'll be shorting Netflix shares if they keep this shenanigans up.

These days they do, since the educated workforce is now oversaturated as fuck

and YOU just fell for it. There are many layers here my friend.

This guy gets it. Sixth post best post.

The character is very clearly established as a somewhat competent working-class dude, but really not all that bright in the end. Like all working-class people, his fondest wish is to just stop fucking doing his stupid fucking job for the rest of his natural life, and live on interest or something. His working-class, latent Christian empathy for his fellow man is his undoing, whereas a richer/more worldly/slightly harder person would very likely have been perfectly fine letting the Mexican die.

The man lives in a trailer park, has a shitty job as a welder, doesn't have any kids that we know about, and has a fairly cute wife. He figures, fuck it, it's worth a try. He's right, I think, but as I've said, he's not smart enough to have thought it all through, thinking only of the Macguffin, in-the-moment, but he can be excused for this. He imagines that he and his wife are both "retired" as if the IRS wouldn't get hip to irregularity eventually. No, this type of money, you have to hide it, and spend it slowly, but it can be useful as a survival cushion.

It's worth mentioning that two million in 1980 dollars is literal SET-FOR-LIFE money at that time, provided you can find an arrangement where you can live quietly and under the radar, and keep your income concealed while you spend it off-the-table, here and there as it were. If you can actually be set for life without expending any other effort, then it can be imagined to be worth the horrendous risk, especially if your life circumstances are like Llewelyn's, as I've just explained. The reward is high enough to make it make some sense.

cont.

I can understand wanting to get out of the desert immediately (and not taking the time to inspect the package), but once you commit to taking the prize, I (and most people) would sure as shit check the valise ASAP, maybe in your truck or something. In this situation I would do a spot-check of the bills over 10-30 minutes (see if they look legit, check for consecutives, maybe count out one pack to actually confirm one hundred bills). Maybe get one of those counterfeit markers if they had those back then, just size the money up. Then attempt to pass a single bill at some place I wouldn't normally go (say, buying a new valise), as a test transaction (but of course Llewellyn does this, perhaps without fully appreciating the need). Then I'd dump the money, get a new valise of my own, find the tracker of course, and now things get interesting. Since I'm committed at this point, "ditching" the tracker isn't good enough. I have to destroy the tracker, so as to deny the pursuers one piece to work with.

I find it very interesting that Llewellyn "just knows" that it's 2M without ever actually unloading the package except to scratch at its surface to make immediate purchases and discover the tracker. I get that as a manly man, he has a good spatial sense and can quickly estimate a volume of $10,000 bundles, but this goes to my whole point: /unload the thing and actually check ASAP/, which he never does. He has the time to do it, especially in the beginning. It's just a stupidity, like so many stupidities, that we as moviegoers tolerate in order to set the story going. We suspend disbelief about the stupidity just-enough since it is the catalyst for more interesting things.

It's been a while since i've seen the movie but was the tracking device in the bag or was it mixed in with the bills?

>somewhat
Dude was like a fucking commando vet in Vietnam

There was a wad that was mostly $1's with two $100's in front and back, and it was cut into the $1 bills.

They never said he was special forces or anything, just that he was a regular infantry man and a very good one. If anything it might have given him a false sense of security. Being a good soldier and being a good criminal/killer are very different.

He says he was in an infantry battalion. So a combat vet but not a Green Beret or anything.

you really wouldn't have to be that careful in 1980 with a bag of cash. Dude was used to living in a trailer park. He could have found a different trailer park, paid all cash and the irs would have never known shit. Only way they find you out is if you start using banks and credit cards, which in 1980 you could easily do without

Just had to bring back some water like the dumb idiot he was.

he should have just took what he could carry in his pockets. hindsight's a bitch

he literally played a hobo roll
nobody gives a fuck about hobos nigger