What Instruments does Mu play?

What Instruments does Mu play?

Other urls found in this thread:

kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/war-and-peace-endgame
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/head-up-high
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/coil),
kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/album/my-belly-full-of-precious-water-continuous-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=6VAbrnjdtYw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

harsh noise

the computer

DIY synths
keys/piano
guitar (alt tuning)
saxophone

kek

Guitar
Bass
Drums/Percussion instruments (Marimba, Timpani, Classical snare, etc)
Used to play violin a number of years ago.

theremin
sequencer

Guitar
Bass
Trumpet
GarageBand
The Skin Fluteā„¢

I'm shit hot on the saxophone, yo

Vinyl only turntablist for 12-15 years now, Scratching and drumming are starting to give way to more unorthodox shit like being one element of a band, turning my technics into a double bass or 808 with household items, modding records to loop or using groovelocked tones in pairs to build intervals. I started as a DJ, learned beatmatching and went on from there.

Got into sampling and digging 21 years back, have aimed for arrangements employing samples 2 seconds or shorter, no loops.

Serious synthesist for 10 years, taught myself the flute to understand melodic structure better.

I don't use any computers, and people are always telling me I need to start, while I'm telling them I won't write what I can't perform live, and get that maschine away from me because your laptop looks fucking lame on stage.

I think that if the audience can correlate every action you take to the audio they're hearing & see you working the gear at eye level, they soon realize that every movement or knob twist you engage in is bringing about a change in what they're hearing.

I think it's important to prove that nothing you're doing is superfluous and that you are actually controlling the experience with an earned skillset they'll appreciate even if they don't know a TR-606 from a VT-03 or can tell me why finding a mint condition, plastic wrapped version of pic related for 200 bucks is fucking sweet.

Drums, piano, xylophone.
I also open a very nice very old accordion but I suck at that.

why do you need to prove anything
just make good sounding shit, nothing else matters

piano (objectively best instrument)
played glockenspiel in concert band

iim new here is this copypasta
it sounds like the to be fair one

me too yo lol but a lil bit of keys (bad tho)

Guitar, bass, a little drums, a little keys, random instruments like glockenspiel, etc

Guitar, some drums, some bass
Want to get into modular synths too

In order of skill:
>bass
>piano
>guitar
>drums

>someone tells me he "plays" an instrument
>he can't play all his major/minor scales and arpeggios effortlessly, improvise fluently in a jazz context, and play three classical pieces from the instrument's repertoire

Piano, guitar, bass, violin, harmonica

Guitar (bass, ukulele included)
Keyboard/Synth
Drums
Production Software

I'm crap at most of them, but I can fake it in a gig situation if need be.

steel string guitar
nylon string guitar
solid body electric guitar
semi hollow electric guitar
hollow electric guitar
7 string guitar
12 string guitar
12 string electric guitar
acoustic bass
electric bass
5 string bass
6 string bass
6 string banjo

Bass, keyboard, very little alto sax, very little guitar, very little mandolin, didgeridoo, apparent virtuoso at whistling

I own a Yamaha PortaSound PSS-480 synth but I don't know how to use it. I'm only discovering it's functions just now.

How do I into synth Sup Forums?

No shit, I'm being comprehensive and trying to lay out a base philosophy of live performance for electronic musicians.

I don't post the shit for myself, I take time for people still unsure of what direction to take things, or simply the curious. It's one interpretation.

I'd be delighted to show you some "good sounding shit", as well.

kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/war-and-peace-endgame

kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/head-up-high

No, it's my full time job - a bit more, every day. I've given most of my life to it.

Guitar, bass, a bit okay at drums, some samples/tapes and effects, violin/cello but awful, not great at keys/synths but can manage.

Decent songwriter and singer, but really see myself as more of a producer type.

Tuba.

Judging by the bandcamp you're a hip hop musician? Sweet

What types of venues? What other types of musicians do you gig with?

mainly into queer-hop, i do private gigs and play open mics around the local gay scene

Jazz pianist, can also do basic rhythm playing on guitar. My foundation was in classical. I mess with a melodica sometimes. A couple years of experience with Ableton but ive never done any of my electronic stuff on gigs

Currently playing jazz, rock, r&b, funk, and country gigs. Its all very fun but pretty easy compared to my training earlier in life. I wish I could play contemporary jazz with people

Did you ever trying getting into that hardcore turntablism stuff like Kid Koala, Ruckazoid, DJ QBert etc

I wish i could even play blues-rock with people, everyone I know is so untalented

I can pretty much do whatever, I do house gigs at faggoty roof top parties on the regs, I make drum packs, I do sound design, score short films, make sounds for transitions in videos and interfaces.

This mix shows everything from ambient > maximalistic trap > Experimental sample work > Instrumental Hip Hop w/ Turntablism > soundtrack work & narrative structured songs. It mixes in tune and on time, meaning the songs are designed to blend musically and rhytmically. It's songs originate from an Elektron MDUW, an OP-1, an OctaTrack, 2 ESX-1's, an SP-808, an MC-505, an SP-404 and turnables.

Shit, I gig with violinists (kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/track/coil), drummers, jazz bands, rappers, mostly alone, but my favorite is having an opera singer on deck.

Started with clubs, moved to parties and hotel rooftop type shit, by and large. I sell beats, that's money in the right situation. Sometimes I just do scratch routines for people's tracks.

I still try to do an open mic every other week, tho - shit keeps me sharp and opens doors like crazy.

I've battled a few times, that was a pain in the ass but rewarding.

Actually, spinning house music at gay clubs is profitable as fuck because the mixing is cake, the crowd is happy, the drugs are great and you always get paid.

What do you got, son? Got anything to shut me down with?

Yeah, I can do that shit, but that poster aint me

Turntables are pretty versatile when you get into the tangibility and responsiveness of them as amplifiers, as fuckwithable media players and as percussion instruments.

This is some heavier turntablism - half of most songs in this mixtape are a collaborator on his DAW or whatever, but a huge chunk of the sonic content was laid out with old records, acapellas and pitch manipulation on a 1200.

Modular synth
Sometimes keyboard but not at the level of a proper keyboardist

WHOOPS

kingscountylighthouse.bandcamp.com/album/my-belly-full-of-precious-water-continuous-mix

I'm learning smoke detector

>hurr durr if you don't play classical or jazz you aren't a musician
imagine being this retarded

Guitar and Bass, super keen to learn keys though

saxophone because i'm not a virgin

the rockband guitar

He's right though. I bet all the people in this thread who list more than 3 instruments can actually barely play any of them.

That's not even some super elitist requirements though, it's a baseline of decent knowledge of the instrument. You're acting like he said something like you to study at conservatory or you're not a musician.

youtube.com/watch?v=6VAbrnjdtYw
So by that logic, this guy isn't really a musician because he doesn't play classical music or jazz

I sing like heavens, I play keyboards/piano at a fairly intermediate level, I play bass at a post-beginner level, I'm starting to play guitar, and I tried trumpet and it kicked my sorry ass, got frustrated.

Also, Mixing Engineer.

where the fuck do i find gay parties where people are cool with that kind of music?

New York City? You can find anything if you know how to look.

>because the mixing is cake, the crowd is happy, the drugs are great and you always get paid.

sounds almost like a poem

I think it's great to play stuff that you can play without effort publically. So you have no pressure. I play the high end stuff at home only until I can play it as easily as the basic stuff. I think pressure is the most dangerous thing if you want your technique to be perfect

>sing like heavens
how do you know?

An angel told me

It's nice AF, you're the center of all this energy but you ain't gotta talk to anyone and believe you me man it's easy to leave with a chick a lot of times. Some even go to fag bars regularly so they can dance and drink in a place where they won't get leered at and hassled by fucking chads in H&M and synthetic colognes.

I think word would go around quickly

Not IME because everyone on the prowl is operating on monkey brain level and while there are outliers, most clubbers are coke driven temporary egotists looking to get hammered or nailed.

I don't pay much attention to my audience visually, tho.

Nashville here, been doing work here for a good five years (started playing much longer ago, however). The red pill is that you can learn all those things, and should, but it's more about actual experience, live and especially in studio. I thought I knew a lot about music before coming here, but I was way wrong because I had never been exposed to the real details of the trade that you can only learn from doing. Again, that especially goes for in studio. It helped to have an excellent producer that I've worked with for a few years now.

You can learn theory and jazz and all that but you really start growing into a competent player by going where the real work is happening and jumping in. It's really a new world of shit once you do.

piano
guitar
alto sax
clarinet
viola
cello
drums

Mainly drums, i practice guitar and bass guitar on the side