A new Ocean's Eleven spin-off with an all-female cast led by Sandra Bullock as the sister of George Clooney's Danny...

a new Ocean's Eleven spin-off with an all-female cast led by Sandra Bullock as the sister of George Clooney's Danny Ocean character was in development as of October 2015. It was conceived by producer Jerry Weintraub, Soderbergh and Clooney. Olivia Milch is to write the screenplay, and Gary Ross is to direct.[3][4] Helena Bonham Carter, Cate Blanchett, Mindy Kaling and Elizabeth Banks were later announced to star in the film.[5]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean's_Eight
What is wrong with these people? Is there no originality? no desire to make something instead of simply regurgitating?

If "it's an all female cast!" is your main selling point you're doing something wrong.

well if it is a sequel or something it would not be to bad, but if its just a soft reboot that treads the same ground it is fucking garbage

The bro-chemistry between Clooney's character and Pitt's character was at least 50% of what made the Ocean Trilogy so good

prove me wrong

oh wow

Female ghost busters, now this? what next female Lotr? Female indiana jones? How many pieces of shit is hollywood going to squeeze out?

I have no problem with all female casts, but using them to redo previously well done movies is something that should never happen.

i think this is full cast

ITT Movies that are going to suck

>What is wrong with these people? Is there no originality? no desire to make something instead of simply regurgitating?
The irony is staggering.

Honestly I'd watch it if that pic was the cast. I suppose you could say the same thing about Ghostbusters if it didn't have a bunch of people I didn't care for in it.

It's quite genius in it's simplicity, really.

>the Asian will be the hacker

>Complains about originality by making the same tired ass whiny threads
If this is all you have to talk about you don't actually care for film

Knick yourselves

>What is wrong with these people? Is there no originality? no desire to make something instead of simply regurgitating?

It's pretty patronising to women alright.

What the fuck is wrong with Mindy Kaling's face?

The only all female spin-off I would watch is The Expendabelles

Not OP, but I get your point. However, tt took 41 years for a remake of the original. This soft reboot/remake/whatever is 15 years after the 2001 version, and unlike that movie isn't updating it for the modern age but simply pitching it as a film with an all-female lead as the only difference.

genetics

Really, that's all Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen were: Just the same as the last but with minor changes to the cast. Story was the same, here's some sweet fucks who are gonna rob some money. At least Ghostbusters 2016 made an effort to change the story, this series never even tried and this is no different.

> well-known, respected, acclaimed, oscar-winning actresses
> + Rihanna and Mindy Kaling

Wtf? Way to ruin a project that could've been good and not just another laughing stock. Maybe they'll just be in small roles? If I even have the right gal in mind when thinking of Mindy Kaling.

What the fuck is that thing on the bottom right?

If they'd scratch her, Mindy Kalling and Rihanna and replaced them with popular youngsters (one of the Emmas, KStew, even fucking JLaw for all I care) we'd be talking. Don't know the asian chick.

No it isn't you fucking retard. that ghoul, whoever it is, won't be in it. And Sarah Paulson and Dakota Fanning are confirmed to be in it

>Spin-off
Well considering they're making a spin-off of a remake and that nothing of this sort has been done before in the Ocean's films, I'd think that it's probably more original than the Clooney films.

That being said, I think it'll be interesting to watch considering the cast, though I question some of the casting choices such as Akwafina.

user you're hurting my feelings, i simply google imaged it and clearly said "i think"

lolol

cant wait to see a bunch of middle-aged women stand around drinking martinis while trying to out-bitch each other and in the end manipulating men into doing the job for them