Recently I have joined a boxing club as something to do in my free time...

Recently I have joined a boxing club as something to do in my free time, I'm 158 Me and my friends were talking in school about who we think we would be able to beat in a fight. This dudes name came up and I said I could probably beat him, this dude is about my weight and size. Consistently the dude we were talking about came walking past and my friend decided to tell him "Oh user recons he could have you". The guy came up to me and asked me if I thought I would be able to beat him and I said "Yeah maybe". After several exchanges and a gathering crowed a boxing match was arranged. The crowed of about everyone in my year were getting hyped and exited for the fight, he threw some air punches my way so I would flinch. At this point he lifted up his sleeve to show his massive arms, he had been boxing for about 4 years. I was pretty shook by this and the fight was already going down. Stupidly I told the dude he had 4 days to live (Boxing match scheduled for 4 days from now) because I was enjoying the adrenaline and was trying to keep up hype.

I am asking for advice about the boxing its self, how to I beat a 4 year boxer in a boxing ring with no experience. Give me some tactics and moves he wont be expecting.

Everyone thought I was gonna back out of the fight because of his 4 years of training but stupidly I promised I wouldn't and said that if I was then I was a complete pussy, also I've got £20 riding on this. If I back out I will prove then right.

This fight is happening no matter what.

First of all...I'm not a pro by any means, I boxed for 2 years. If this kid actually has 4 years of boxing practice, technique and all not just lifting, then you are most likely fucked. My honest advice is survive the onslaught, stand your ground and earn his respect. ONLY punch when you have an open shot and when you aren't punching you better be covering your head. Look at how a good boxer fights, and you'll need to learn a basic counter at least. If you can slip and counter then you might land a few good punches. Don't expect to win, don't expect to one punch him, but you better expect to put up a fight cuz if not you'll get hurt and look bad in the process.

As a cage fighter, who has done years of boxing as welll as various martial arts I have to tell you, you have a 99% chance of getting beaten up. The 1% is just punchers luck. Hopefully you blindly swing and get him with a shot and he goes down and stays down. But I’m all honestly you’ve got no chance. I was just go down the minute you get hit and call it quits. If your looking to win, there’s not much you can do. He will be more experienced in every way. Fighting isn’t something that you can just pick up.

I should be tensing right, this dude could really fuck up my stomach and intestine with some of those punches. Any tips on how to avoid his stomach jabs

"can i beat him?" is a question a man asks himself all the time. numerous times a day, whenever he walks in a room. the answer is always Yes, yes i can

Put horseshoes in your gloves.

If you have your hands up, you can still see...you cover your stomach almost with you elbows tucking down towards the landing area he's shooting for

So I should stand my ground wait for an chance and swing at him in the side of the head with all I've got. What do you think the risk of me being permanently injured is, i.e loss of teeth or even brain damage or internal bleeding

If you blindly swing and miss (btw this is the boxer) you'll leave yourself super vulnerable to the things you just listed you dont want to happen .

Boxing rules? Yeah you're only gonna get a lucky punch.MMA striking rules? Elbow strikes while grabbing his head, you can KO him pretty well.

The biggest thing is how you hold yourself in your movements. That tells a lot about a fighter he should have a hard time reaching your stomach for jabs unless you're locked up close and personal. If he uses 1 hand to go for the guy then that's an immediate opening for a punch to his face only partially blocked

nice, thanks I can see that being pretty effective. 99% defensive from me.

That's not what you should be worried about. My only suggestion would be to try to wear him down and get him tired. If he's really been training his cardio will be better than yours, and that won't work, but it's about your best shot. Keep your hands up, protect your head and keep moving. Throw your jab a lot and see if he has a pattern and try your back hand.

First good hit he lands, drop to your knee and fucking stay there. Don't risk brain injury.

Really focus on your hands up though. Watch tutorial videos on YouTube (no homo)

This guy fuck ^ on point with where your attention needs to be

>Keep my distance
>Defend my stomach
>Quick arm retreat

thanks for the advice dude

Protect head above stomach and then your set

If he's far better, rotate your neck away from his punches to reduce damage. Go down prematurely.

This, works in cartoons

Alright, if the punches really do a serious number on me then I will swallow my pride and surrender. You think he'd be able to damage my brain with a good hard hid on my head. The constant head movement actually sounds like really solid advice. thanks dude

You're a fucking loser for trying to pick a fight with someone you don't know shit about, I've had fuckers like you try their luck with me countless times when I was in highschool and I got myself arrested once because of shit scenarios like this. If you're inept at fighting, don't go looking for a fight.

On topic, you'll get demolished, I have 5 years of boxing myself and a 4 more of martial arts, even 2 years of boxing are enough to knock someone's teeth out with ease, the reflexes you develop and the combat mental speed is not something you gain by sitting on your ass. That guy will see opening you didn't even know exist on your body. Good luck gathering your liver off the ground.

I know this may sound retarded but are their any rare moves and techniques that he might not know that I could use

Well op, you are royaly fucked if its a normal box match. Nothing you do fist to fist will save you. What you have to do is at the time of the match, when you are iun the ring, pull out your dick and tell him "You did a big mistake bringing fists to a gun match", then chase him. He will forfeit and you will be know by something we all already know....op is a fag.

Your right dude, in retrospect I really shouldnt have agreed to fight this dude.

Not in boxing. I suppose you can try to close and go for a liver shot. It'll be hard if you're not a lefty.

show up with a bat

you made me laugh out loud and my room mate heard and thought I was crying. Welldone

You're a punching bag.

People are very disrespectful nowadays.

OP here, I am not really expecting to beat this dude at all. He thinks I have no chance, any advice on getting a few good hits in before I end the round.

Train your ass off in your defense and go for the punche're chance. Then it might be a fight based on heart.

kick his thighs lmao, boxers have no idea how to counter that and if done properly it fucking hurts and will slow him down

also drop boxing, do muay thai

Getting hit on the body is overhyped boxing fail. All your defense is on your head from getting knocked out. No matter what. This guy only gets jabs to the body on your watch.

Cancel the match, just agree that you don't see yourself winning this shit and you were stupid, don't get him in trouble by forcing him into paying your hospitalization, take the advice of someone who genuinely cares and just cancel everything before it gets to happen. If you don't do this, you'll just see yourself in a position where whenever you break guard to try to punch you'll lose your teeth in a jab or a hook. That guy has already thought 3 to 4 times about the options you could possibly have on each of his actions, and he will react accordingly. If you think you can hit him he'll just fuck you up because you're following a pattern he laid up for you. You lack the experience to even try hitting that guy.

fight dirty, why wouldnt you? kick this guys nuts right up through his mouth. then when he bends over give em a solid upper cut to the throat

I am seriously considering this.

I've never met a good boxer with massive arms.

Go watch Mayweather, as many bouts as you can, study and mimic....shadow box comstantly, mimicking Mayweather.....you won't win by trying to hit him. Dodge and get out the way, for as long as you can, as soon as he seems super confident and drops the hands, dive bomb and don't let up. Look at his face as you swing, your more likely to hit where your staring......good luck

A broken jaw doesnt heal as quick as a broken ego.
And nobody can argue the fact that it isn't an equal/fair fight, postpone and you win this round...

peace