Puerto Rico

Fellow burgers, should Puerto Rico be a state?

Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_status_referendum,_2012
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They need to pay their fucking denmbts first

No, they speak Spanish and would vote Democrat

Puerto Rico and Cuba should ally to make the Caribbean Great Again

They probably only have shat up their economy because theyre not a state and have no skin in the game.

I think it was a fuck up to ever let Cuba go independant. (Obviously)

If Puerto Rico had to revert to english do you think they should be a state?

There would be use of Puerto Rico.

No.
Puerto Ricans should preserve their culture from Americans and Puerto Ricans in general want to be Indepedent from the US. The only reason they're still with the US is because of their debt.

>Puerto Ricans in general want to be Indepedent from the US
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_status_referendum,_2012

No, we have enough Mexicans as it is.

personally i think we could do it fairly easily. what's wrong with having a slightly shittier, but much closer, Hawaii?

besides, a state can still maintain a fair amount of independence (Hawaii, for instance, for better or worse).

i think the BIGGEST problem with any additional states BY FAR, is the fact that 51 is a shit number and 50 is a great number.

What two states would be merged to allow for Puerto Rico? Is there really a big difference between north and south dakota?

I've been there before, pretty much everyone is bilingual

>statehood 61.1%

sounds like they do

I think Jefferson should break off from California and we could have 52.

Cut'em the fuck loose and let them drown. I've lived in that shit hole for far longer then I could ever thought possible. All stupid, all corrupt... They are salt water Mexicans.
>pic related- La perla old sanjaun aka hell on earth.

yeah, like most places, English is taught as a second language. it's foreign to them, but as foreign as going anywhere in Europe and speaking English.

anywhere worth its salt that relies on tourism in the Caribbean for revenue makes sure a decent amount of people can speak English.

never been myself though, so i can't say from personal experience.

no way they get two senate seats.
fuck that.

We could combine N/S Dakota, N/S Carolina and West Virginia with Virginia.
Leaving 47 states

Looks like Australia to me

52 isn't as nice either tho. Being even, it helps.

i live in FL, and don't get me wrong, some states honestly should be split in half. California and Florida top of the list, then rural NY with the coast i'd say.

but god damn, 50 stars, i can't imagine anything else

Absolutely not.

They could have a thriving economy if their fucking college graduates stayed to make their homeland thrive.

But nooooooo, they have US citizenship and leave the territory, first thing in the morning.

How the fuck do they fix this?

Oh and especially this, it would be an automatic Gibs Me Dat blue state with brownies

there's a decent amount of history between north and south carolina that wouldn't quite work, in my opinion. not sure about these days, but i think north carolina has better prospects than south, economically speaking, and on that basis would not want to merge.

I used to live in Florida and have family that still do so visit often.

Peurto ricans who are citizens want Trump. They have a fond hatred for Mexicans.

that guy obviously has no clue about the animosity between Mexicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans. personally i don't understand it, but at least know it exists.

i always assumed it was because people just mixed them up all the time tho, and also Castro.

They probably leave because it is literally a meme place. If they had actual statehood maybe they would care. I mean, it's 2.5 million people; Hawaii only has 1.5

No, PRs are just as bad as niggers

All Puerto Ricans are citizens

PR is still legally a region of Spain. If you want, we can take care of it, it's only about changing a couple of commas here and there.

PAY DEPT