Was he a good guitarist?

Was he a good guitarist?

Yes! Go listen to his solo album Cloud Nine. That riff on And I Love Her, he came up with it on the spot.

Technically he wasn't extremely proficient, but he has some extremely catchy melodies that are just about everywhere. On top of that The Beatles constantly did their best to get away from the major scale (and later the minor), so while he wasn't fantastically proficient he was actually musically interesting as well.

I love that story about him and Clapton having a 3 hour guitar duel over who would get Patty whilst she watched

McCartney was better

Yes, by the time he recorded Revolver

>he recorded Revolver
You mean George Martin and Geoff Emerick.

played guitar on Revolver.

Yeah he was great. The Beatles are extremely overrated but they had a lot of good songs that George contributed heavily too. And Your Bird Can Sing is one of my favs and I bet all that great lead work is George.

and p-mac played the solo on taxman because harrison wasn't a real beatle

>tfw they're most popular song is Here Comes the Sun

Right.

wow
*their

You mean Yesterday.

Yes

george "pubic" harrison was a scoundrel, i speak for all real beatles fans when i say 'good riddance'

I like his work. But I don't know music theory to help prove he's a good guitarist. So I'm just going to say yeah He's a good guitar player

Not until he quit playing guitar to focus on sitar and then quit that and re-learned guitar for the White Album and came in with that weirdo angular style you hear on stuff like Savoy Truffle.

George Harrison is literally the best Beatle faggot. It's John Lennon who's the scoundrel

great guitarist

He was a good songwriter whose main instrument was guitar.

i think he made millions upon millions by sucking hard
this question though