Is Wow And Flutter the greatest pop song ever?

Is Wow And Flutter the greatest pop song ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/163012604
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is insanely groovy. Cybele's Reverie and Pack Yr Romantic Mind are my favourite Stereolab singles tho.

is stereolab the 90s best kept secret? they're seriously great.

I knew a girl that liked stereolab once. She was a bitch.

"the noise carpet" is the best Stereolab song, "french disko" is second, "wow and flutter" third

kiss him for me

I also like Ween and Stereolab, you can kiss me unless you are a man.

Surprised this thread isnt flooded with alt-right pussies complaining about everything.
Stereolab were one of the most openly comunist bands ever, but unlike RATM, they knew their shit and their lyrics were not as cringy.
Guess the're too busy being plebs fighting about the new Fever Ray or some rapper.

Not really, every alt-chick in the 90s had a t-shirt or pin and/or art fags literally worshiped them, and they had a steady patrician following up until their breakup.
They didnt need to be "rediscovered" like Slowdive

They where pretty much forgoten until the shoegaze revival senpai
Literally no one cared about Pygmalion when it came out, Rides Tarantula got more attention (for the wrong reasons). I have a pile of old AP inhereted by my aunt, they didnt even review it

That's between Strawberry Fields Forever and God Only Kboes

shit, sorry about deleting my post, i didn't want to turn this into a slowdive thread but fuck it. when was the revival? for as long as i've known about my bloody valentine i've known about slowdive as a kind of 2nd place shoegaze group

why'd you expect alt-righters to know stereolab

when was the revival?
During the golden era of music blogs, sometime around 2007/8
Lost in Translation helped too, but it was mainly music blogs since that movie brought the JAMC revival and all the clone bands from that era (Raveonettes, BRMC, etc) and didnt go much further

Because if they listen to the song OP posted they would be triggered instantly.
Thankfully the're too busy arguing with FR/The Knife fans right now, hope they stay there.
I never liked comunists but that doesnt stop me from enjoying Stereolab, guess being an old fart that bought Emperor Tomato Ketchup the week it came out and not being raised by the internet helps

damn, that makes sense, i started browsing Sup Forums in 06-07 which is where i got my first real exposure to shoegaze

they're the official band of all style no substance. fancy sounds, absolutely bland uneventful music

Stereolab isn't really a band that is supposed to grab your attention. It's good for playing in the background and setting a mood, like all lounge music.

I love Ping Pong

Fun fact: Slowdive weren't even 5th place during the shoegaze era
Ride, Curve (specially Curve), Lush, and Swervedriver were all bigger at the time, even Cranes got more play on MTV than Slowdive.
Mojave 3 did pretty well for a while thou, which might sound strange today

I hate communism but stereolab are one of my favorite bands
This is my favorite

on Sup Forums back in the day the big three were my bloody valentine, slowdive, and ride

Mojave 3 are so underrated. Wish they got more attention here.

That might be true, but Emperor Tomato Ketchup is a masterpiece and varied enough to grab your attention. After Dots and Loops they started getting more lounge, which is not everyones cup of tea.

It still is, the fact that a shitty album like Slowdives comeback got hyped is proof. Rides comeback album is no GBA, but its wayyyy better, ironically Sup Forumsfags compare it to Coldplay

Their first album was GOAT, the rest of their discography is hit and miss. Still better than new Slowdive.

But since this is a Stereolab thread let me weep bcs I missed them when they played in my town during the Dots and Loops tour, I had just moved out of my parents house and was broke af, all my friends went and even the ones that weren't fans came back with their minds blown, they still remind me what I missed. At least I got to see Laetitia solo, it was good (her stage presence is amazing) but she played only her solo stuff and some covers, her backing band was just there.

>During the golden era of music blogs, sometime around 2007/8

i miss that

Me too
Nothings been the same since they killed megaupload, rapidshare, etc. Fortunately I hoarded a lot of the stuff I downloaded on DVDs, most music is still easy to find, but some films and docs are gone forever, glad someone uploaded this
vimeo.com/163012604

the music has no substance but the style has substance