Prove that this isn't the best band in the world

Prove that this isn't the best band in the world.

You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vIf1uMZ7WRw
youtube.com/watch?v=2vZy6J1rqaY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is Metallica posting the new thing and I've just been away for long enough to miss the beginning of it?

Also, you can't.

Pantera exists

I win /thread

death magnetic
st anger

At one point they were, then their quality went down a cliff.

As much as I want to agree, I'd say 'best band' is too much of a broad concept.

that's not even Metallica

youtube.com/watch?v=vIf1uMZ7WRw

Interestingly missing in this video is James Hetfield.

Although it sure did break my belief in Metallica, holy shit.

The past 20 years proves that they’re not.

Hey hows it going

Hello me
Meet the real me

>At one point they were
long time ago

I got into Metallica this year, or maybe last year.

Although I first listened to them when I was a kid - my friend got Reload when it came out, and I listened to that a bit and I thought it was alright, then I bought St. Anger when it came out in 2003

But I didn't listen to the other stuff until this year basically, but I think they're awesome

I can't stand all of the popular trendy shit at the moment and Metallica is just a great throwback to a better time

St. Anger is fucking amazing
I've not listened to DM

If I was someone who had got into them in their early days, then I'm sure I'd agree with you

But the first time I heard them was when I was about 10 years old, in the year 2001. First album of theirs I bought was St. Anger in 2003, and I liked it quite a lot to be honest. Then I've listened to the other stuff since.

I like their whole catalogue. Even the latest album, which is pretty good.

There are hundreds of better thrash metal bands

Thrash metal is only one of their genres, fuckface

And that's why they're so good - they branched out into other stuff

>26 years old
>still listens to metal

tallica hasn't been the same since dave left
kill em all is their only good album
looks like cliff is unironically the lucky one...
youtube.com/watch?v=2vZy6J1rqaY

They became completely irrelevant after The Black Album, which itself was a bloated generic stadium rock mess of an album

I listen to all sorts of stuff. Rock, funk, whatever. Just good shit.

When you're my age, you grow out of the whole "I'm going to listen to super trendy shit like electro house and alt-hip-hop" bollocks.

But maybe you're still in that faggot phase?

55 year old here, blast metal everyfuckingwhere I go
the fuck you gonna do about it
you pansy ass sissy cum drinker

it might be due to anthony making a video about them

Well they still sell tons of albums and sell out concerts, so I wouldn't say they're irrelevant at all famalam. Last album was Platinum in the US.

OP here, I don't know who that is

Although I'm guessing you mean Fantano

I don't watch his stuff very often, so no that's not why I started this thread

I just like Metallica

Also I've been posting Metallica threads for months now but no one else has, so if other people are doing so now, then they're copying me

>a cliff
heh

megadeth, yeah m8, agree.
so far so good...so what. best album

More like any album except Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning.

Their main problem is that they are poor songwriters who can never stop a riff or song when they need to. They always go on and on, repeating or adding boring riffs. Listen to Harvester of Sorrow and tell me that song couldn't be 4:30 instead of 5:45 minutes long.
Every album they add more bloat that doesn't need to be there, if they kept their songs between 4-5 minutes they'd be a much better band. Freaking Hardwired is ONE HOUR SEVENTEEN MINUTES long, average song length at 6:41.

This

When Cliff Burton died, he took Metallica with him.

finally listening to master of puppets right now. it's actually fucking radical - i say "actually" because I always assumed metallica was shit, I used them as shorthand for "that shitty kind of dadrock i don't listen to" but in fact it's just four guys shredding and being cool as fuck, which is i guess always what i thought it would be, but my bias has been cleared away and it's great
thanks OP, i give master of puppets 8/10

Master of Puppets is their high water mark. They don't get any better than that album.

It's a great album

You should probably listen to Ride the Lightning next, because it's the most similar, and is also considered their peak

Then after that go with either Kill 'Em All (more thrashy than MoP/RtL), or And Justice for All (less thrashy - has long slow-burner songs like One, but very epic)

Then after that listen to the black album

Then Load/Reload, which are alright - they'll grow on you after a while

Then St. Anger, which personally I really like, although a lot of people don't

Then Hardwired, which is actually alright

I've never listened to Death Magnetic, so that one might be good, but I dunno - I think people rate it in the same category as Hardwired

I disagree, I think all of their albums are good, including St. Anger which I really like

Leave Metallica to me

kill em all > all the rest

I suck dick and listen to metal and I don't appreciate you associating this beta with us

yeah to be honest, I'm loving it but unless something clicks in an unforeseen way i doubt i'll need more than two albums of this. i'll give their other stuff a listen on youtube maybe.
in any case master of puppets is a definite download and i'll be listening to ride the lightning as soon as it's done.

Every album after And Justice For All... proves that they are not. I was barely alive when Metallica turned into Alternica so to me they were never metal, never good.

Lol@ best band. Haven't released good album in 30yrs senpai

Good post

best drummer, at least

Dude........

>I suck dick
you're a funny guy

I can't take any metal guitarists over the age of 17 seriously

But that's the thing, their catalogue is very varied. It's NOT all the same thing.

If you want something thrashier, punkier, very raw, listen to Kill 'Em All
If you want longer songs with a lot of contrast, which build up slowly into epic crescendoes, listen to And Justice for All
If you want the most radio friendly album, listen to Metallica
If you want hard rock, listen to Load/Reload
If you want some gritty garage rock, go for St. Anger
If you want some very polished, well-produced metal with crazy solos, go for Hardwired

Sweet. What does mine say?

what if i told you i only play metal for fun, if you cant enjoy rhythmic chugging, you literally miss out on half of the fun of electric guitar

I'm old enough to get that reference!

ITT: /r/music leaks into Sup Forums

Sure is underage in here