Music that was produced/recorded in the 50s sounds like shit now

Music that was produced/recorded in the 50s sounds like shit now.

Will music recorded in the 00s/10s sound like shit in the 2050s or has production quality already "peaked"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Db3O1KmXGHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

music made in the 70s was the peak of production quality

I don't think it was the peak but definetely a enormous leap forward

I'M TAKIN A SHIT HOMIE

Fantastic webm

Production quality has already peaked for sure. But in the 2050s there won't be any more recorded music. White people will be near extinction and high civil unrest will make progress impossible.

Yes, everything mastered in the last 20 years to be LOUD AS FUCK is going to sound like garbage in the future, because it already does now.

This.
The 80s and early 90s sound quality was hurt by dated production techniques (excessive reverb, early digital synths and other recording equipment) and the stuff after that is compressed to hell to the point of all life being sucked out of it.
70s was the happy medium of having good quality multitrack recording and knowing what to do with it.

Why do you think producers got into the "loudness wars" for so long? They'd maxed their stats on most everything else in the range of audible frequencies.

What about the Sciance Kabals in Antarctica and New Walled NeoTokyo or the digital monks of the Detroit 2.0?

Not everything is the basted wastes user, it's the American Empire heart land argument all over again. Yes they are an invaluable source of organs, but your ignoring all the hard work the techno-theocracy done on human automatation. Yeah sure, there is a small chance of soul purging and going red, that's not a problem if you just limit the installation of antimatter counter Android systems to the well regulated hyper-militias like the founding fathers disembodied spirit hosts intended.

>the closeup shot at the end

Wtf I love neoliberalism and global capitalism now

Production will peak when technological leaps allow us to get ear implants that let us hear a fuller range of sound
Even the best produced albums of all time at the highest resolution possible will sound shitty. The average song will be 10 gigs in 100 years.

Because loud sounds "good" to most ears. So to trick everyone, recording got louder and music sounds better.

which would imply they'd run out of other ways to make things sound objectively "better", yes?

watch the video on youtube

AY WHATCHOO DOIN MY BOI

'70s records are the best to test out hi-fi equipment.

Context for that webm

Someone should script a bot that generates sentences like these

Apparently a sport for some lowlifes to infiltrate someone while they're on the toilet and steal their phone and run away. Probably some third world country because he's sitting on toilet paper.

I read this with the words going more and more robitic

No because the drums and bass are so dry, filtered and clipped sounding.

Better than in the 80s where they sounded like they were trapped in a cave and now where they're so clipped that the cymbals sound like crinkling tin foil

I doubt it, looks like some retard kid trying to use the bathroom. Like literally a mentally challenged spic. I know its hard to tell the difference with spics. Dumbass notices its locked so goes underneath.

I like 80s drums

youtube.com/watch?v=Db3O1KmXGHY

>Probably some third world country because he's sitting on toilet paper
that's a first world numale thing to do

>Probably some third world country
He's not shitting in the street tho

Depends on how creative we are.

Right on, man, exactly what I was trying to get at. I think that this tech ceiling is a good thing, and will eventually force creativity to redefine accepted standard uses of the studio itself as instrument.

I wouldn't say music from the '50s sounds like shit. There are plenty of good recordings from that decade. Just depends on what you're listening to. Well budgeted classical recordings then were nice.

It's interesting to listen to a Phil Spector recording then listen to a Brian Wilson recording from the same time. Brian Wilson's work still sound very clear, dynamic and fresh in comparison. This is '60s but whatever. Not knocking Spector. He had a style. It's just that Wilson's recordings aren't so locked to a time, not that that's a bad thing. People call some records "dated" like it's always a bad thing.

Sure sounds good. Don't you think it's a shame though that as consumers, we have to deal with some of these experiments?

Yeh, it is. I mean, look what rick rubin did to that fucking chili peppers album, making the masters essentially unfit for airplay because he forgot to take FM radio station compression algorithms into his final cut.

I mean, there's shit like that, but the weird experimental music stuff doesn't annoy me the way dying media formats and dead business paradigms do.

I cannot wait for Rubin to kick the bucket or retire. He has invariably produced atrocities, things where I liked them but desired better, or followups I didn't think were good, and I went "Gee, who produced this?" And it was invariably that disgusting faggot just pumping the volume knob all the way to the top. Cunt.

Can't even say he's a fat fuck, either, he just has a disgusting beard that makes you think he would be.

>sitting where bare man-ass has been

>disgusting beard
t. low test numale

There's a difference between "Glorious beard" and "Duck Dynasty" you fuck

You are a frickin' Gem, brother. I couldn't agree more. Cannot stand seeing oceans of hard work destroyed by a lead-foot producer who shits on every available transient in his quest to turn everything into a fucking square wave.

I feel, personally, that any worthwhile producer will not only leave a bit of headroom for things like FM compression and bass boosting consumers, but also have respect for a song's inherent dynamics as an essential and elegant part of the finished product.

There's a million things you can do with shitload of stems from fine musicians that will keep their vision intact while affording your collaboration with them a unique color or approach.

that's how you get stronger

OP you are a pleb