Are you man enough to live in the wilderness far from any people or 7-11's?

Are you man enough to live in the wilderness far from any people or 7-11's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lrA4V6YF6SA
frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/guides/crown-land/crown-land-tenure/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I can't get a slurpee then fuck it.

How did this guy ever bathe? Did he go without washing for months at a time because that's just vile.

I think he left that out of the camera on purpose. He probably bathed in the lake in the warm weather and sponge bath in the cabin when it was cold.

Hell ya.

it's not so bad once you get used to it

Theres no such thing as that anymore in anerica.
You can go to remote locations but you'll come across ppl from time to time.

You need to urinate around the cabin to mark your territory.

so long as I have a knife and a flint, yes.

OP here. I'm from Canada. Theres more people in California than the whole of Canada.

youtube.com/watch?v=lrA4V6YF6SA

>implying Calafornians (US or Mexican) are human

Southern BC is full of expensive cabins. So the rich in the city can take a float plane from vancouver across a few mountains in half an hour.

Yeah too bad it's illegal and you'll get a multi million dollar swat raid on your house if you tried.

No

Its not illegal if you buy the land and land in the middle of nowhere would be cheap.

Proenneke was a Naval carpenter, a hunter, a very intelligent diesel mechanic, a shepherd, and a salmon fisherman. He had a friend with a cabin he could use while he was up there building his own. He had another buddy with a Taylorcraft that could fly in, check on him now and then, and bring groceries. He flew in the year before to cut wood and stack to dry for the next year. I think somebody helped donate a lot of the kodak film he needed to record the wildlife and his cabin progress.

The man knew what he was doing, was a valuable worker, and saved his money so he could move to Alaska and retire. He had a support group of family and friends. He did most of the work himself, but if he tried to do absolutely everything alone, he'd need to buy an airplane and leave the wilderness now and then.

He wasn't alone. That spot in the twin lakes area is super close to an airport. He's an awesome man, but c'mon. He had help.

Of course, if I had every resource he did, I'd still die out there. The dead of winter was, what, 30 below outside? With his fire running he could keep it around 50 above in that cabin of his?

Fuuuuuck that.

Why not have help? Its not like hes going bear grylls on us. Might as well live as comfortable as you can.

I've found some land. Almost 40 acres for $12k. I'm planning on murdering everyone and anyone that comes onto my land. That and trying to grow as much of my food as I can myself. Water collection and storage. And some solar. Not a lot. Been saving up. I got about $5k in the bank. I few more years and I'll give it a shot.

Id like to see a 2018 version of alone in the wilderness. Someone using power tools to build the cabin and hooking up modern plumbing and solar panels, sat phone/internet.

ATV's, dirt bikes, 4x4's.

yeah, and gopros and dslrs for filming the build with.

And drones for filming overhead.

A drone with ai to fly around the plot in a specific pattern for security.

You get 30 days in jail for collecting rainwater dude.

It's definitely illegal in the USA.

Thats fucked up. Theres no system for buying government land like in Canada?

No but can you really trust that stuff? Doesn't the government just come back in 15 years and take it back?

idk I would have to get a lawyer to look over it.

Problem after 15 minutes of basking in the glory of nature, you wonder ‘Now what?’ Lolz been there. Where’s the nearest tit bar?