ITT: Critically acclaimed albums that you don't get at all

ITT: Critically acclaimed albums that you don't get at all

I felt the same way at first. It grows on you. The second half is weak, though, in my opinion.

[spoiler] I got the album at a Goodwill like 2 years ago, I have only tried listening to it once, but I dunno maybe it will take a few more listenings before it clicks. I just don't feel like listening to it again, I go back to Bridge over Troubled water time and time again in comparison. [/spoiler]

Heaven or Las Vegas

DON'T WANNA END UP A CARTOON IN A CARTOON GRAVEYARD

I confess that You Can Call Me Al grew on me, it's got a surprisingly heartfelt message

This, really don't give a shit after Cherry Coloured Funk

Is there any truth to Paul Simon basically entirely lifting one of the songs on the album from another band and then saying "sue me" when confronted about it?

Him and Van Morrison seem like the biggest irredeemable pricks in music, and only one of them was even relevant after the 60s

I don't get this album's hype. I legitimately look at this as pop rock. Can someone turn my head around?

Also some more picks:
David Thomas Broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency: This album makes me laugh.
Boris - Pink: I feel like I just don't like Boris' sound here. I have to try another album.
Tame Impala - Lonerism: This album aggravates me on each listen.

The Velvet Underground & Nico. Would've uploaded image but internet is being literally that bad. I legitimately look at this as pop rock. I've read into this album's influence and such, but god damn do I struggle to find the album any better than average. Anyone can provide some more insight on what I'm supposed to listen into.

Also some more picks:
David Thomas Broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency: This album makes me laugh.
Boris - Pink: I feel like I just don't like Boris' sound here. I have to try another album.
Tame Impala - Lonerism: This album aggravates me on each listen.

>I got the album at a Goodwill like 2 years ago
on vinyl?
if so that's a pretty good find for a goodwill

Oh son of a bitch, I though it didn't upload. Oh well.

r plus seven by opn

it sounds so shite

If it sounds reminiscent of cliche alternative rock, keep in mind that's because it basically established those cliches. It was hugely influential at the very least.

You really didn't like Sunday Morning, Heroin, or I'll Be Your Mirror though?

BONE DIGGER BONE DIGGER
DOGS IN THE MOONLIGHT
FAR AWAY MY WELL LIT DOOR

I thought he said "bone nigger" for the longest time

I guess the point of it establishing those cliches makes sense. However, the only one I liked of those three is Heroin. The other two were kinda meh to me.

Missing out.

Boring as hell. I was expecting some groundbreaking stuff and I got corny songs about love.

The production is good tho.

I'm sorry to say it, but after God Only Knows and Wouldn't It Be Nice the entire album feels like filler

Fuck, now that I think of it, yeah. I agree. I really do try to like the rest of the album though. I liked I Know There's an Answer and Sloop John B.

What the fuck? First time I've listened to it I loved it. It was a blind purchase on thrift store

That's Not Me is probably the third least fillery song to me on the album, then I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, then Sloop John B

After that I barely remember what the other tracks sound like

That's Not Me is really solid too.

Also...Why is memorizing the damn music such a problem for me? No problem if it clicks on the first listen but...It seems to take forever for the music to click. I usually only give the album a full listen twice or three times but, afterward, I give it a download, put it on, and everytime I hear a song I go "Oh wow, that's cool! What's that called?", as if I have never heard it. Here are some classic examples for me:

Hail to the Thief - 2+2=5 and Sail to the Moon are the only remotely good songs to me. I remember Myxomatosis, but FUCK the rest of the album. It sounds so sleepy and boring.
Boxer - I only remember Fake Empire. I don't necessarily remember thinking the whole album was bad though.
Lift Your Skinny Fists - This album, besides Storm, always finds me bored by the time Storm's done. Post-rock is a hard genre for me, but hopefully one day it clicks a lot better.

If you don't think this is a banger I don't know if anyone can help you.

CD

you can find a lot of classical, musicals, and very rarely old hip hop, but never anything else

That's like comparing Bad to Thriller

>Hail to the Thief
There There and Wolf at the Door are also very good, the album as a whole is pretty boring though.

There's literally nothing to get about this album. It's pretty straight forward

You have to be a complete retard to think this sounds like pop rock. Have you heard any actual pop rock albums from the 60s? They didn't sound anything like this.

>Hail to the Thief
Give it another listen a few months from now- I used to feel the exact same, but after a while it just sort of clicked and I found myself loving every track. What a glorious moment that was.

you have to be American for it to really hit you, I think

HERE COME THE PLANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

There American Planes. Made in America