What's Sup Forums's general thoughts of HoI4?

What's Sup Forums's general thoughts of HoI4?

Like what you'd get if Paradox took the "painting simulator" memes and didn't realise they were supposed to be a joke

I haven't played it but I love CK2.

Some things are really broken, like the fact the RAF ends up with an air force of like 200,000 fucking aircraft.

I like it. Wish there was more room to maneuver without going to war though. Like to play pacifist you kinda have to break the game.

i buyed it today, have a lot of fun with it so far. playing with nazi germany is so much fun :^) .

Is it true that all the Nazi leaders are silhouetted?

same thing with most paradox games... been out for a year now and theres been no fixes to some major problems yet they still bring out dlc and charge €15

whole fucking game is broken and they charge for patches under the guise of dlc

only for germans
also they dont use the nazi flag they use a red flag with the iron cross instead

It's only gotten 2 expansions, while games like EU4 or even Stellaris got 3-4 expansions in the same timespan.
Blatantly false. Patches are always free.

Way too easy and the game practically plays itself.

I played as France twice because I thought it would be difficult. The first time I just put lvl 10 forts on all my border provinces and waited out the entire game until 'murica won the war for me. The second playthrough I went with the Little Entente over the Entente Cordiale and roflstomped Germany and Italy with ease. I only ragequitted because Japan joined the Axis just before I could make Italy capitulate, meaning I had to fight Japan as well. Because of how naval transports work (they don't appear as actual ships anymore) it was too risky to sail to Japan and fucking nobody would give me military access because of how fucked up the diplomacy system is. I considered invading the Soviet Union purely so I could access Japan but guess what! You can't declare war on countries that haven't generated "global tension".

The "Together for Victory" DLC is also shit. You pay half the price for a AAA game purely so you can ask your allies to Lend-Lease you, something that should've been in the fucking base game. Oh, and you also get focus trees for countries that should've had them in the first place. Same story for "Death or Dishonor" actually.

>It's only gotten 2 expansions
>only
It's been out for just a year, mate. 2 expansions in that period is a lot. Compare HoI III, which only had two expansions (real expansions, not meme DLC bullshit) over its entire lifetime.

>Blatantly false. Patches are always free.

they stick basic fixes in DLC instead of pushing them out in patches

That was during a time when Paradox didn't have its current DLC policy yet. It's a fact that Hoi4 gets much less attention and work from them than their other, concurrent projects.
No, user...

HOI3 = victoria 2 > eu3 > eu4 > hoi4
gsg rankings HOI4 is extremely easy

Victoria 2 has a completely broken UI and the AI is even more braindead than in other Paradox games, don't really see how anyone could enjoy that game aside from wanting to feel like a hardcore strategist gaymur

EU4 dlc is largely optional at this stage. the game is balanced and designed well. HOI4 has some glaring issues that become very clear after you play a couple campaigns. They haven't fixed (in some cases they cant, some features are badly designed) some of the key issues have been raised over and over
such as entirety of naval combat and naval invasions being weird, paratroopers being massively overpowered and general AI shittiness

I don't disagree but let's not pretend HoI 3 is flawless. It has an incredibly steep learning curve, which isn't exactly mitigated by the fact that it has the single worst tutorial I've ever seen in my life.

Gets pretty boring after a while. Just repaint the map a different way each game.

Decent supply management sim with an annoying fanbase who think they know more then your average historian or teacher.

you forgot to put Darkest Hour in the front

yes it is, hitler, himmler, göring and some other nazis are just silhouetted, i buyed the steam version, so i think i got the international version of it. here the proof. the flag is a mod, it is the only mod i have.

actually i just installed the coloured buttons mod, so i have 2 mods so far.

if you group all those ostfront units into one giant army and just put an arrow to moscow they will do better than micromanaging 5 or 6 different small armies
Paradox designed it like that because they said the AI could invade better but it just means invasions are piss easy

best tactic is to let AI control and advance whole front with infantry while you micromanage armor and use it for encirclements

i have not really played so much around with it to see any difference, i just finished france and was transporting my units to the russian border. i used the micromanaging against france and it worked perfectly fine. well i can try it out against russia and see if there is any difference.

>the AI is even more braindead than in other Paradox games
How so?

the paddy is saying bs, you get a bonus if you draw lines, wait some (planning), then as time passes the bonus passes

basicly, draw line, see where you end up, micromanage the front, stop and draw new lines

the AI is easy to encircle so usually it doesnt take much redrawing

Yeah, Victoria II is the only Paradox game I've played, and the AI is retarded, but I can't imagine it's much better in other games.

Wait, you were talking about HoI4 weren't you? The comment i responded to is about Vicky II.

Haven't played it. I won't play paradox games now that theyre fucking ultra kikes. Fuck them and their dlc prices.

Just like every other Paradox game.

The game has many positive aspects, but also amount of negative ones. AI sucks real hard which makes single player damn easy unless you are playing with fucking bhutan or something. Also, the game pretty much always which is understandable because it's about WW2, but if you try to do something ahistorical like going fascist with Britain you completely break the game balance. Then there is the thing that even most major nations are not very interesting to play. Playing democracies is more or less boring because your options are so limited while other major factions usually just steamroll against AI.

The game also seemingly gives you a lot of options what to build and research, but in the end you just end up doing the same shit over and over. There is not much point building radar stations because intercepting is useless anyway when no one is bombing and you can build and research nuclear bombs but they do nothing so it's useless. This is my verdict after something like 100h+ on HoI4.