Christian General

Any fellow Orthodox here?

youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs

Pastebin with FAQ's for Catholics and Protestants and atheists and so on for those interested in Orthodox Christianity, plus reading list with links: pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9p---FA48s
youtube.com/watch?v=TnXEAaz2kS4
youtu.be/CBwh1OXw6uI
youtube.com/watch?v=i_OLom4lvdA
youtube.com/watch?v=zUnM6IO4yno
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=I9p---FA48s

What's your stance on faith vs works?

What denomination allows race mixing?

All of them:
>There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Faith isn't worth anything without works

All of them, but the book on contemporary moral issues at my parish discourages it, on the grounds it will make divorce more likely. I don't know how true that is, though.

>Faith isn't worth anything without works
Yes, this is in James.
But are we saved/justified by faith alone or not?

Or rather, let me rephrase:
is our salvation a mix of our efforts and God's grace, or is it purely God's grace?

Good morning, brothers.

Who here is /Catholic/?

Faith without works won't save you, no.

synergism

How is synergism consistent with God's sovereignty?

youtube.com/watch?v=TnXEAaz2kS4

God's sovereignty permits freewill, that's how.

Prepare to be taken away on a cloud of beauty.

youtu.be/CBwh1OXw6uI

So we can freely choose good or evil?
We are not compelled to chose evil because of our sinful nature?

That's not racemixing. Together with Christ we're one, as Christians. It doesn't say anything about racemixing.

NONE of the mainstream Christian denominations discourage or prohibit interracial marriage.

There is nothing in the Bible saying it is wrong to date or marry a person of a different race.
There are a few incidental mentions of race in the Bible (e.g., that Ethiopian's skin was different, Jeremiah 13:23), but there is nothing saying one race is superior to another. Moses was married to a Cushite (Ethiopian) woman (Numbers 12:1-16), and God was angry with Aaron and Miriam for criticizing that marriage.

The Hebrews were forbidden to marry Canaanites and other pagan peoples (Exodus 34:11-16; Deuteronomy 7:1-3). The reason was because those people worshipped idols, not because of race; the Hebrews, Amorites, Canaanites, etc. were racially similar.

The apostle Paul encouraged Christians not to marry unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14), but here again, the reason was religious, not racial.

Jesus and His apostles taught that we must respect and show compassion for all people of God's creation without regard to artificial distinctions like race and nationality. In His Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37), Jesus told of a Samaritan man who was kind to a Jewish man even thought they were enemies of different religions, nationalities and racial backgrounds. At the end, Jesus tells us, "Go and do likewise."

The apostle Paul stated the equality of all people without regard to racial/ethnic background, social status, etc.:

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (NIV, Galatians 3:26-28)

without god's Interference you would always turn evil

Nope. You are not compelled to choose evil. A tornado cannot choose not to do evil, but a human can. We just don't. Surely you've been in a situation where you could have done evil, but chose not to?

youtube.com/watch?v=i_OLom4lvdA

I am catholic but i never go to mass.

Why not?

Me and I attend mass every week

For a number of reasons. I am divorced and I have not gone to confession in a long time. I want to go sometimes but then Mass rolls around and I don't go.

youtube.com/watch?v=zUnM6IO4yno

Without God's word you go astray.

See feminism, commumists and sexual degeneracy being widely accepted in society.

Why does internet Orthodoxy hang out on Sup Forums, a racist, hateful shithole? I'm becoming orthodox and I hang out on pol, but I was a much better and less hateful person when I was bluepilled.

Make an effort to. I stopped for a year and a half and then I returned. I felt like I was missing something

I know what you mean. I will get there. Once you go once it is easy to keep going.

While that is true, not everyone on Sup Forums shares he exact same beliefs.

I'm a practicing Catholic and I'm redpilled on Islam and social degeneracy etc. but I don't hate them. I acknowledge that the Islamification of Europe is a terrible thing and that it needs to end. Not racist really desu

Agreed

Why did you want to become Orthodox? Were you a certain denomination before? I am Catholic and I never see any reason to change to Orthodox. I espessially do not care about little minor disagreements on eschatology. If I was baptist i would probably still be baptist. Do you know what I am saying?

The lord often dwells in unexpected places

It is not the well who need a doctor but the sick

Mark 2:17

What you're saying is that all denominations are Christ's Church?

Life sure is strange, I accepted satan as my God and the alleged demon I have inside keeps trying to save my soul.

Beat me to the punch

I'm in the process of converting. I guess I'll need to choose a saint before it's over.

Any suggestions? Don't want to be too predictable.

Nilus, maybe?

Congrats, btw

John or Kevin

What do you mean choose a saint? Im unfamilliar with religious ordinances.

typing from my phone, so diffrent ID, but I'm the poster you (you'd)
I grew up in a liberal Protestant SJW church that never discussed doctrine, where Christianity was boiled down to love and accept everyone.
I was looking for a church that followed more closely to what I believed the bible taught. I was a fan of Dostoevsky so I was vaguely aware of the Orthodox church. I decided to check it out. They also have the greatest case for being The One True Church in my opinion.

>tfw want to convert to orthodoxy but the only orthodox parishes are in neighbouring towns

You take a name. After a saint.

So? I have to go out of town for my parish.