Hey boys

Hey boys,

I'm fucking trash at CSGO, but, I still like having a nice setup and enjoy playing it so..

Suggestions for a good pair of headphones that aren't 598's?

Ideally under $150-200 CDN

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW
youtube.com/watch?v=aipXii-qWiQ
hearthegame.de/
amazon.de/beyerdynamic-MMX-Premium-Gaming-Headset/dp/B001BYMZ5W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Audio Technica mx50 or mx40 if you wanna go budget. Theyre loud, sound great and are very comfortable and affordable.

For first person shooters, you don't want close headset or gaming headsets. They're all gimmicks with fake bass. Get the Phillies shp with open backs.

amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW

I got the razor brand headset from bestbuy and I've been very happy with it. Cost about $60 usd and has great audio.

Having a better headset isn't going to make you better at the game.

Sure, having better sound is definitely nice but it's not just about hearing footsteps.

Any decent pair of headphones are going to do you justice on FPS games, anyone who tells you otherwise is dumb.

I also have the shp-9500. honestly is the best pair of headphones I've ever owned. dont get anything that is marketed towards gamers though as they tend to be a little on the shitty side.

sennheiser pc 373d

Direct Sound ex29, $140.

Why do you think you need to pay so much for headphones? Also, do you want them to be a headset, or do you have a dedicated microphone?

Plus they aren't Chinese shit

I'm getting a Rode NT USB, because i don't want to clutter my small desk with an interface, I was going to get 598's but nowhere that ships to canada is selling non burl wood ones anymore and those are yucky

No, but it's nice to have nice things

You're kidding, right? M50&40X are good headphones but they're shit for gaming dude. They have almost 0 sound stage (and this is coming from an daily m50x user). Ideally you want open back headphones if you aren't in the position to annoy people cause of sound leakage. My suggestion would be the Audio Technica AD900X, those and a decent clip on microphone, you almost can't get any better for the price :)

>AD900X

I dont really enjoy the headband on ADX's, I might just wait for a good Massdrop

You could also get the much appraised & cheap philips SHP-9500(s), altho i'd imo the sound is a little inferior to the ADX's, they're comfy af

shp9500 or fidelio x2 (both philips)

youtube.com/watch?v=aipXii-qWiQ
watch this review.

yeah the philips shp9500s are great, I use mine with a FiiO K1 USB Amp and with the dolby atmos headphone app, I get such amazing 7.1 surround virtualization in them. Work better than my arctis 7s imo. Also have a bluetooth FiiO BTR1 dac, and get 7 hours of play with the philips. With eq tweaking they can pump some serious bass too

price is up to about 120 bucks currently or more

Not OP but I appreciate everyones input.
I'm in thr market for a new ps4 headset and don't want to buy shit
I've gone through 2 expensive sets of turtle trash and am currently using a Razer headset, which isnt the worst. But I do want something better

they are regularly 50 bucks on newegg, that's where I got mine

What would be comparable but with a Mic? Or does the Mic you can add on to it work fine?

If you have a separate mic ... this is the way to go hearthegame.de/
Or these amazon.de/beyerdynamic-MMX-Premium-Gaming-Headset/dp/B001BYMZ5W

nothing. get the v-moda boom pro microphone for 30 dollars and just use that.

That's what I was thinking
Thank you, user. Appreciate you making my decision easier

the add on mod mics seem like the work fine. Ive never tried the mics though, I just use a separate desktop mic

I have the Sennheiser HD6XX. They are slightly over your budget, but they are sublime sound wise. Very wide soundstage, which means you can accurately hear where footsteps are coming from. Absolutely recommend these.

>Sennheiser HD6XX

Yeah, but whens the next drop? If there even is one

>waiting like 4 months on shipping to save $30
Come on