/csg/ - Christian General: Archangel Edition

For all things Christian
Catholics and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Friday, June 4, 2016

Liturgical Year C, Cycle II

Readings for Mass
First Reading: Ezekiel 34:11-16
Responsorial Psalm: Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
Second Reading: Romans 5:5-11
Gospel: Luke 15:3-7
Today's Rosary: The Sorrowful Mysteries

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko

>Ben Hur scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists
youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
youtube.com/watch?v=xq_qnN9SQcg
youtube.com/watch?v=luhSOFt_wSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First post for christianity is shit and you should all die in a fire.

no

Yes. :^)

But instead you will.

Absolutely blasphemous

Ironic...

not an argument

There are worse things than blasphemy.
Your religion, of course. :^)

All religion needs reform to pragmatically promote science and rationality, prove me wrong.

>hurr heretical!
Then I'm a prophet, come crucify me so I can gloat about how history repeats itself when humans fail to learn.

Keep posting work from an antisemite, it's sure persuading rational agnostics to your case. /s

Just a reminder to ignore the Italian fellow.

And to pray for the Italian tosser.

Good night Christian General, god bless. And good night mad Italian guy.

>/s
back2reddit

I am posessed, who's gonna pluck out this spirit off me? :)

Atheism is the root cause of degeneracy and the erosion of morals in the west. Feminism and other '''''''''''''progressive'''''''''''' movements stem from atheism, atheists never meet the replacement birth rate and therefore immigrants have to be brought in.

Atheism encourages only thinking about oneself and leads to no patriotism or dedication to God. If atheists left every country the west would be saved.

who here is /not actually christian but sees the bigger picture and sees how Christianity has the keys to the truth as well/

Why do people have this impression that anybody is trying to persuade anybody of anything?

Also
>you posted a picture drawn by a guy with certain beliefs
>now everything you said can't be true

Not very "rational" mate

It's a start user.

>literally ABLOOWOOO I'M A POOR FAGGOT AND I CAN'T FIND JOY IN ANYTHING BUT THE RETARDED MASS HYSTERIA DELUSION THAT IS RELIGION: the image
Absolutely fucking pathetic. :^)

>All religion needs reform to pragmatically promote science and rationality,
Roman Catholicism does. Look at all the contributions that have been made over the ages.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_science

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists (these are just clerics, this doesn't include all the lay Catholic scientists)

I'm very willing to offer my soul to satan so he violently murders you all if you don't pluck it out, as it has been many decades already :)

You're a fool if you think that xtianity will save you or you ideals.
It is time to making stuff anew.

That's the first step honestly. That's how I was a few years back and then it led to me being a Christian

Do you not see how embracing the values given to us in the Bible leads to a better society? And if so, why do you think that is?

Good night and God bless you, brother.

>hurr see these links, christianity was totally bro-science!
Then why half the latest scientific achievements were made by atheists?
Do you really think your argument has any voice on any of this?
>a religion extremely widespread is found in most scientist because atheism didn't exist and god wasn't dead back then
Wow, it's fucking nothing. :^)

What would you "make anew" what would you change specifically and why?

>Then why half the latest scientific achievements were made by atheists?
Provide some sources, at least.

So I go to a charismatic church who is big on evangelizing, so for me the idea that Christians need to be spreading the word of God is quite natural. I'm curious as to what extent Catholics/Orthodoxs (what is the plural of Orthodox?) do this. I know that the church sends missionaries, but what about the individuals?

Go ahead. Do it already.

>. I'm curious as to what extent Catholics/Orthodoxs (what is the plural of Orthodox?) do this. I know that the church sends missionaries, but what about the individuals?

I'm Catholic and I intend to go out and preach this year a lot. Preaching is perfectly acceptable to Catholic and Orthodox laymen, and should be encouraged.

People need to be saved.

Might aswell do, and I don't expect ruin, after all, the only moment of my life I sucessfully managed to scare off an alleged child of satan, was asking satan to murder the whore, seeking God never detered any of you.

I actually got it from Sargon.

I've stopped trying to label what I am, I'm relatively assured I have followers and so provided they breed I'm relatively assured I've increased the chances of a technocratic future.

I just want humans to rapidly evolve and select for intelligence. Our manifest destiny is to seed the planets, which (one of few of my prophecies) will be found to be dead and lifeless despite having all the right conditions.

Because the alternative is that atheism continues to grow, or that Islam becomes law, or worse, that the frivolous, materialistic nature of common people revert to polytheism in a desperate attempt to revive ritual in their life.

>implying
Granted, but Catholicism had admittedly become a little weak. They've given up debating atheists, which should be the duty of all Gnostic believers.

There's a reason you believe? Good, use that reason to persuade others. A powerful God is a believable God, one that's difficult to argue against, without testing your idea of God you have no means of gauging your belief.

The religion of the future is a religion of debate and dialectics. You must have the tools for debate, which are logic and reason.

[citation needed]

In a time when atheism is fashionable, you can't prove that anymore than I can prove pre enlightenment scientists were theists in a time they'd be arrested for atheism.

Mistakes were made, now people should be free to believe what they believe to be right, whether atheism or theism, provided they have the rationality behind it.

Because otherwise you're just an idiot that ends things with "I don't believe that."

If you are possessed and you're here, then you chose to accept whatever was offered to you by that demon.

Demons can't possess without consent.

You must either go find an exorcist or accept your fate.

There's nothing I can do for you except tell you that those are your options.

Good luck.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but I highly recommend staying away from demons and demonic forces. I believe that if you start messing around with this type of stuff, you're allowing demons to enter your life.

That's great to hear. I've been meaning to evangelize, but I don't have much confidence about it. So I'm trying to read as much apologetic as I can so I can answer any tough questions that may come up.

God is dead, user.
It took me 10 years to realize it.
You are as pathetic as those idiots still believing in Odin, Zeus or pagan deities.
Christianity is the new paganism.
The future will be either full islam or full atheism, or nothing, because the Four will land sooner than you think.
And that's when the world will ultimately fall, to be born again.
You can't seriously expect to keep Christianity around for more than one hundred years more.
This board is an EXQUISITE example of the death of God.
I, for one, am not in the position to dictate what the new values and future will be, so i have no idea.
The only evil is ignorance, user, be it the ignorance of the gospel, of the word of God, or whatever other bullshit you think of.
And the worst part is, humans are always ignorant, they refuse history so it just repeats itself over and over again.

Try attending a church.

From what I've seen, lay people try to evangelize via the charities that we have all around the world (Catholic relief services, the hospitals, soup kitchens, etc).

I'd like to see priests going out there to evangelize, but we're going through a rough patch right now. The priest:lay Catholic ratio is something like 1:2000 in most countries and 1:8000 in Latin America.

I'm currently applying for the seminary, though. :D

>That's great to hear. I've been meaning to evangelize, but I don't have much confidence about it. So I'm trying to read as much apologetic as I can so I can answer any tough questions that may come up.

It will take some preparation for me, but luckily I've always been good at public speaking in the past and know what it's like.

A bit different when you're preaching about God though, many will just assume I'm a lunatic straight away.

No one give the Italian any (You)s

You will get bored and leave, just like trap thread """"""""""crashers"""""""""" on Sup Forums. You won't convert anyone. You're BORING and illogical.

We will be here forever.

BORING. BORING BORING BASTARD.

Yeah, I'm done...He's not even coherent anymore. He's all jumbled and inconsistent with what he's saying now

>The future will be either full islam or full atheism
From a logical standpoint, you're wrong.
>You can't seriously expect to keep Christianity around for more than one hundred years more.
topkek
Again, what's your reasoning for this?

I'm not trying to convert anyone, user.
I'm just having fun. :^)

No (You)s for the Italian

You're not fun. You're BORING. YAAAAAAAAAAWN.

I never said that i'm here to amuse you all, i'm amusing myself.

See

I prayed for the first time a few months ago and it was a powerful experience for me, like nothing I've felt before. I haven't done it since, sadly. I was actively searching for God but just got side-tracked by life.
So I can't say I'm a Christian or any denomination, but I'm still looking for God and I carry a prayer cloth with me at all times to help a little. Pray for me, anons.

BORING.

But necessary, user.
After all, you're a bunch of rabid idiots.
Tell me, has your God done anything for you other than giving you immaterial, unpalpable love and retarded rules?

BORING.

>Granted, but Catholicism had admittedly become a little weak.
You're right on that. Priests aren't doing enough to give people the basics to evangelize/debate.

I'm hoping for a change in the next generation of priests/lay Catholics. We're starting to undergo a change where we're shifting back to being conservative.

Will do

He's actually not as bad as the Czech.

Yes

Oh man, I didn't realize there was a shortage of priests. You'd think more people would do it. It seems kinda easy, but I guess there is a lot of responsibility. My church's pastor recently retired and we're looking for a new one, and I realised just how much responsibility they have.

>many will just assume I'm a lunatic straight away.
This is the biggest problem I would imagine. I used to be an atheist and this is the mindset I would have, and it's a struggle to over come. I guess the key is to persevere, and keep in mind that you do hold the truth, and that God goes ahead of us.

Stop responding to the guy, he's not interested in any meaningful conversation.

Oh really, tell me then.
What has your marvellous jesus cuckrist done for you? :^)

Nice Tumblr-tier meme faggot

World catholic youth day 2016 July 25–31

Will someone come to Poland-Krakow?

God bless you, user. It might make it easier if you attended a church to pray in a community setting, that helps me keep my prayer life alive.

BORING.

whats the process of converting to catholicism

There is only one God, there's only one supernatural thing, everything else either exists in your own mind or is the distant possibility of being a telepathic force.

Possession comes from a polytheistic practice of adopting super personalities via worship of a single patron god. At its simplest, it's just accepting a different set of morals/virtues based on the qualities your patron deity embues. At its worst you believe you actually are this deity, usually justified by believing you are descendent from it and thus may be telepathically linked to it, Alan Watts describes this as adopting a mask but I'm currently in the process of finding a direct quote to use. It may have even come from a Buddhist teacher instead.

This is a bad thing because it necessitates being disingenuous to yourself and who you are, your own personality you've built up over the years through learning, experience and your biology. It is nihilistic self denial.

Whatever the case, these forces are hollow, faceless and do not exist outside of the fantasies of humans.

Very mature.

Next time before you pray, read exodus 3:14. It's already within you and realising that is the strongest most powerful belief you'll ever have.

I disagree with authoritarian beliefs, instead I believe in thoroughly evangelizing to this generation (but only amongst Sup Forums for lulz) who'll then only ever evangelise to their children, but be forever free for debate amongst others.

>there's only one supernatural thing
HAHAHAHAHA PLEASE
That's just silly, and you know it.
You're a fool.
You're all fools.
They are coming for you too, don't worry.

I wish I could...

Vid related is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY

BORING.

>willing to kill other people for a sake of a religion
Gee, user, totally unique and special!
Fucking mongrels, all of you.
Preaching love and peace one day, going on a crusade against "heretics" the other one.
This is why christianity is bullshit.
What would happen if i were to say "fuck christ" in the middle of audience?
Would i die stomped by a bunch of rabid polaks or would i be actually hugged and prayed for?
This is the face of Christianity, where double-standards and retardation is allowed, you just have to pray and bless it with holy water!

STOP FEEDING HIM please

Lucifer the Great, the Lightbringer himself feeds me, user.
I'm the Yin to your Yang.
I was sent here to test you guys, and you're failing hard.
Very hard.

Have you every considered the priesthood? The church needs men like you, tbqh.

>It seems kinda easy
I always thought that as well, but I spoke with a few priest-friends about their life and it seems tougher and more hectic than I thought. A lot of them are the only pastors at 2 or 3 churches with all the parishioners (a usual parish has 2,000-3,00 people) and all the responsibilities that may come with that (daily masses in each one, confessions, during the weekends there might be up to 3 masses at each church). Besides that they do a lot of things out in the community (hospital visiting or homes for the elderly).

It depends where they're placed, though. I know a priest in a major city where he goes out at 7 am and doesn't come back until 8 pm. Then I know a priest in a rural parish that does a morning mass and then just sits around.

hi ali

Call your local parish, they can sign you up for RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults). It's basically a series of classes that teach you about Catholicism and then you're baptized/confirmed into the church. :)

God bless.

I will be there. :)

>Have you every considered the priesthood? The church needs men like you, tbqh.

I have, and I would do it if I didn't have to be celibate. I just love women too much and want to have kids and raise a family.

So many fedora's on this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=xq_qnN9SQcg

yeah, post music
youtube.com/watch?v=luhSOFt_wSA
>inb4 slayer
>a priest shitposting on Sup Forums

That's understandable. The church also needs good lay Catholics such as yourself in these times.

God bless and good luck.

YES, GO ON
HOW MUCH CAN YOU FUCKS IGNORE ME, YOU FUCKING RETARDS
GO ON, PRETEND THAT YOU WILL BE SAVED, PRETEND THAT YOU WILL BE SPARED BY YOUR FAKE GOD OF LIES AND DECEPTION
YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING A SPAWN OF SATAN, YET YOU'RE EAGER TO BREAK EVERY SINGLE LAW FOR THE SAKE OF IT
BASTARDS AND MONGRELS, THE LOT OF YOU
THEY ARE COMING FOR YOU ALL
THEY FOUR
THEY ANNOUNCED THEIR COMING
>ECCLESIASTES 7:20
>FOR THERE IS NOT A JUST MAN ON EARTH WHO DOES GOOD AND DOES NOT SIN.
I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU

Huh, the more you know. I've always thought that if my degree doesn't work out, I might convert to Catholicism/Orthodoxy and become a monk way up in some monastery in a mountain range.

You could become a Protestant pastor ;)

Gee I wonder if it has to do with the fact that we're on a containment board of a Japanese cartoon forum.

You need some of pic related, my friend.

Holy water wouldn't hurt, either.

*Chinese*

FUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUU SEX DEBAUCHERY GLORY TO CHAOS FUCKING MONGRELS DISGUSTING BITCHES GO FUCKING DIE IN A FIRE DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE SATAN THE GREAT FOOLS AND BASTARDS YOU WILL ALL SUFFER FOR THE ETERNITY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

All i see in your entire comment is pic related.

>I might convert to Catholicism/Orthodoxy and become a monk way up in some monastery in a mountain range.
Don't let me discourage you, user. What I described is the life of a diocesan priest. Monks still live the comfy live you described, I wouldn't mind doing that, either. =p

>You could become a Protestant pastor ;)
Nah, it's better to just stay a lay Catholic. He can evangelize either way, whether he remains lay or a priest.

Actually I've considered Eastern Catholic since there are some situations where they can be married.

Who knows.

Just do some research, figure out what you want to talk to people about.

Always ignore fedoras and haters.

Everyone can sense that dark times are coming, if not end times themselves.

Ok.

Sup Forums is a Christian board.

Only problem with being a monk is that you aren't allowed internet (I assume). I need muh 4chins.

Pray into it I guess. If it is God's plan, He will make it known to you.

>Everyone can sense that dark times are coming, if not end times themselves.
You're right. I see a lot of people talking about how we've done a full circle; going back to the times of Lord Jesus where Christians are again the persecuted minority. This probably won't happen in our lifetimes, but in that of our children and grandchildren.

I. WILL. RETURN.

>you aren't allowed internet (I assume)
Nah, most of these orders have lots of recreation time (which includes use of the internet, watching TV or calling home). It depends what order you would join, most of them publish their daily schedule on their website.

Let me know what type you'd be looking for, I can find some for you.

God bless you. I will pray for you, my macaroni friend. :)

Oh really? I had looked up the schedule of a nun (not the same, I know) and it seemed like they didn't get a whole lot of spare time. But I guess it varies from place to place. Like some places are apparently quite active and busy, whereas in some the nuns aren't allowed to speak.

Google your local Church. It'll be there on the website or perhaps on the diocese website. Will be an easy and short process

Pray for the Italian shitposter

> This probably won't happen in our lifetimes, but in that of our children and grandchildren.

I'm not so sure about that.

Will it start happening in the prime of our lives? Because most of us are in our 20s and we're in the minority for our generation.

Probably no, it won't.

But I expect to see some much heavier and weirder shit going down when I'm 50-60 years old with kids.

Yeah, there's different orders.
Carmelites: focus on work, usually have their own farm they work on

Trappists: focus on a quiet life of study, usually live their small castle and have a huge library

These are just the ones I can think of right now.

There's others that actually go out into the community, I think these are the more lax ones where you could use a TV/computer.

I agree, man. It's going to be tough since we'll really be the first generations to go through this since the time of Jesus.

Lord help us.