Do I need to watch the show to watch the movies? Are they related in any way?

Do I need to watch the show to watch the movies? Are they related in any way?

You probably won't like any of them if you haven't watched the shows.

What would compel you to watch them?

no, not at all.

Well, I suppose that's true, but you're probably not going to like them. You shouldn't like the TNG movies no matter is you've seen every TNG episode. Arguably, you should dislike them more.

I liked the JJ reboot and wanna go back and watch the old ones. Will I be missing out on any plot details if I just watch the movies or are they their own self contained things?

sure you can enjoy them user! just use these two handy tricks:

imagine the first six as Star Wars with Old People

imagine the last four as Star Wars with Fat People.

there you go! happy viewing

The movies are mediocre except for 2 and 6, and even those you probably won't like without the series. Star Trek is not a movie series, it's a TV show with the occasional average movie accompaniment.

I would recommend then Wrath of Kahn and First Contact, the best of both respective series. If after watching those, you fail to see the appeal, I would suggest not bothering with the rest.

Those are actually the episodes where they're based on plot lines in the series. If you want, you could watch the Kahn episode from TOS and the borg episodes from TNG, but I wouldn't bother, as they don't give much essential information. For First Contact, you only have to know that Data has always wanted to become a human and that Picard was once enslaved by the Borg and has a connection with them.

entrace parking

watch Space Seed before Wrath of Khan and Best of Both Worlds before First Contact and you'll be all set

>entrace parking

Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock is underrated as fuck. The "Stealing the Enterprise" scene alone is one of the best scenes in any Star Trek movie.
While it's a decent follow-up, Sup Forums overrates the living shit out of ST4. It's good, but fuck that terrible, terrible soundtrack.

I only wrote that because I thought I was filling in the legacy capcha.

samefag reporting in:

2>6>3>4>1>5
(imho)

The only good TNG movie was First Contact. Insurrection was decent,was definite Rodenberry Trek through and through. The other two don't exist. Never happened.

this user actually answered op's question correctly. he needs some (You)s

Don't even bother watching any of the movies if you aren't going to watch them in the original Klingon.

stealing the enterprise is so great.

That's the only way I can read Shakespeare.

Do you negatively post in every Star Trek thread, with that same pic?

"How can there be a Red Alert in Spacedock?"

I can watch that scene all the time and still freak that they're not gonna make it through the doors.

Yellow Alert, my bad.