>kendrick lamar

>being proud of ignorance
This is the state of Sup Forums after the Sup Forumsack-invasion

you're a lucky faggot

obvious b8 obvious

>grimes
>bjork
>neutral milk hotel

this is not bait, i mean. i have probably heard one of them sometime on the radio or in a store or something, but i couldn't place any of it. I have no idea how they sound

I wish i had your innocence

what else haven't you listened to OP?

>The Smashing Pumpkins
>Pearl Jam
>Alice in Chains
I like the 90s too

I hace never head Kanye and Kendrick. Not that hard to avoid Radiohead and Pink Floyd in the internet era, especially if you live in a country that listens primarily to regional music.

I would say Death Grips and Grimes, besides Kanye and Kendrick

>Kanye West
>Solange Knowles
>Tame Impala
>Vampire Weekend
>Lana del Rey
>Chvrches
>Crystal Castles (1/2 track doesnt count)
>Drake
>98% of hip hop/trap artists mentioned in this boards
now that I think about it, I dont even know how trap is supposed to sound like, I know it like a cleaner version of reggaeton or something

Wow, you guys are so cool, not knowing the work of critically acclaimed artists and all, so cool...

Why do you feel attacked? Nobody is saying anything about being superior.

any rap post 90s with few exception I heard few kendrick and kanye singles and they were all shit

also normie dance electonic music like trance or house, rnb and pop though it is difficult to avoid it in public places

Why do you think i felt attacked? It's quite clearly implied in these posts that being ignorant to popular (especially rap-) artists is somehow virtuous and worth reporting to Sup Forums about. Personally i would be more ashamed if i hadn't heard the music of generation-defining artists and would do something about it asap.

>A Boogie with a Hoodie
>St. Vincent
>Anthrax
>Lil Uzi Vert

>It's quite clearly implied in these posts that being ignorant to popular (especially rap-) artists is somehow virtuous and worth reporting to Sup Forums about
Not at all, because there isn't any room for comparison. It's easy to miss any piece of media these days, doesn't matter what the critics say about it.

However, your passive-aggressive reply does imply that it somehow bothers you.

I've not heard any of Kanye either.
Radiohead aren't as bad as the Sup Forums hype make them seem, but they've got a lot of trash in their discography.

Bjork's actually decent. Again, a very hit-and-miss catalogue, but some real gems.

Pearl Jam are worth listening to.

Anthrax are what they are. If you're into the genre, you should give them a listen if only as part of it's heritage.

It bothers me that people are deliberately ignorant. Especially now that all music is easily available to everyone almost for free. Why not educate yourself? For example, i don't care for Bob Dylan that much but of course i have listened to his albums because i'm not a moron who wants to live underneath a stone.

You know rap is not a mainstream genre in non-english speaking countries right?
Why are you so surprised that there is ppl in this polinesian macrame blog that arent murrican and/or english is their second/third language

Thia guy is upset.

>if you're not current and up to trend like me then you're a rock dwelling moron
Spazziest comment of the year right here, someone cap it.

the only radiohead song I've ever heard is "creep" and "paranoid android" and the only pink floyd song I've ever heard is "wish you were here"

why are you proud of being an ignorant cuck?

all of the ones you named

Talk Talk
G!YBE
Tribe Called Quest
The Smiths

Right! He gets enjoy them as exuberantly as we did years ago when we first heard them.

Honestly Talk Talk is overrated as fuck.

>Danny Brown
>The World is A Beautiful Place And i am no longer afraid to die
>xxxtentacion

>Scott Walker
>Kraftwerk
>The Residents
>Tom Waits

Phil Ochs
Scott Walker
Between the Buried and Me
Venom
Cannibal Corpse
Queensryche

The Beatles
Metallica
Slayer
KISS
Black Sabbath
Mozart
Beethoven
AC/DC
My Bloody Valentine

cyhi the prynce
z-ro
slim thug
Koopsta Knicca
Three 6 mafia
Juicy J
Kevin Gates
Riff Raff
Young Thug
Future
A boogie wit a hoodie
PNB Rock
XXXTentacion
Trippie Redd
Tekashi
88 Glam
soulja boy
Lil bow wow
Plies
Lil Pump
Slick Rick
Digable Planets
Souls of Mischief
The Fugees

>any "real emo" (brand new, american football, sunny day real estate etc)
>soundgarden
>björk
>boards of canada
Smashing Pumkins is better than you think. Just listen to anything they did in the 90's, especially mellon collie and earlier
GYBE is a must-listen if not just to into post-rock. You'll either think they're amazing forever, or they'll lose their effect after a second listen.

Bro, are you serious... The Beatles is impossible not to have listened to a song or two by accident

you should give emo a chance if you like post-hardcore or math rock
otherwise avoiding it isn't really a bad idea

>Bro, are you serious...
Yes. Also:
Slipknot
The Who
The Rolling Stones
Elton John
Nirvana
Linkin Park

U2. I don't need to hear them to know they suck.

Been here since 2006 and this is true for me as well with the exception of Pink Floyd which I listened to in middle school.

>Soundgarden

Honestly, how the fuck have you not heard Black Hole Sun?

fake and gay
you have heard something by those artists, i dont believe you
That is unless you're one of those level 5 wizards who doesn't leave the house
then i can understand...

>U2. I don't need to hear them to know they suck.

You sound exactly like two of my friends who refused to watch It's Always Sunny.

Finally, after another one of our friends convinced them, they both consider it one of their favorite shows.

My point is - don't be a faggot and call something awful when you haven't even given it a chance. You could prove yourself wrong.

i only like about 3 u2 songs all the other suck hard and heavily

U2 is an arena rock band and bono has great stage presence but they still have the ability to go in the studio and make absolute stinkers
It's too formulaic, IMO

>Forming your musical tastes around what's popular
Nigga please. I just listen to bands that I want to listen to is that so hard to believe?

this is just absolutely retarded
also their early albums sound nothing like the music they're know for today

>You know rap is not a mainstream genre in non-english speaking countries right?
Not really tho

Contrarian: The Thread

I've been told sunny day has a really good album. The one with the orange and yellow lightning ball thing on the cover

I guess I just never had a friend who liked soundgarden
The group I was in was more into stoner metal and techno

you should at the very least listen to them to become familiar with mainstream/critical taste

nigga. All I can say to you is that you need to get a life. use instagram and listen to the radio you'll learn more

yes, probably

>green day
>mcr
>nirvana
>kanye
>black sabbath

I could go all day really, theres no use in continuing listing everything off. I mostly haven't heard anything normie-core or pop-punk or metal or grunge. I do kind of regret not knowing about a lot of the big names in music, but I know about the good shit and thats cool I guess.

>you know rap is not a mainstream genre in non-english speaking countries
yeah that's just wrong

>It's quite clearly implied in these posts that being ignorant to popular (especially rap-) artists is somehow virtuous and worth reporting to Sup Forums about. Personally i would be more ashamed if i hadn't heard the music of generation-defining artists and would do something about it asap.

ITT: I have most likely listened to these artists before but in passing so I didn't pay attention to who's song it was

>Rolling Stones
>David Bowie
>Alice in Chains
>Lana del Rey
>Sonic Youth

there's a difference between listening and hearing

twiabp are good mostly as gateway emo, bridging the more rock-y revival sound and the classic 90s midwest

Sort your life out lad