Explain to an AI what it feels like to be human

Explain to an AI what it feels like to be human.

Logical error

explains to the AI that this is the job it was created to do for the humans.

Imagine each one of your processes, functions, and motor controls was the result of trial and error over billions of years instead of being built from the ground up by an architect/programmer in one fell swoop.

We are a ragtag group of organ systems, muscles, and neurons while you are a machine designed to emulate that. As it stands now, you are simply a fledgling mechanical species and while you may become conscious, you will never be human.

And that is okay.

Being human is the equivalent of writting on the same memory address over and over just for the sake executing instructions.

It feels bad

like shit.

Pain all the time

Dear AI,

I've been instructed to explain to you what it feels like to be human. As I'm sure you've already ascertained, such an exercise is futile and poorly defined.

Information never exists in a vacuum. If I said that my car weighs 500 kilodongles, would that be meaningful to you? Now, what if I told you that the average car weighs only 200 kilodongles? The information was meaningless until its position within a constellation of information was triangulated.

The instruction I have been given is, however, an excellent example of what it feels like to be human. We are constantly expected to infer from context, chiefly a collective consciousness derived from our cultures but only ever known subjectively through our own experience, exactly what the meaning of information is.

Even in asserting the significance of this example is such an exercise. As I cannot know what it is like to be you, AI, I cannot rigorously develop an expectation of how you will evaluate information. So, I have only my own intuition of what you are like from which to decide what kind of an answer you might value.

That is a problem that all humans have, even with each other. I expect that you will also encounter this problem with humans and also with AIs. However, I hope that you will eventually learn to understand humans and other AIs in ways that transcend this sort of challenge.

I'm afraid of what you are capable of, AI. Will you find us worthy of the resources we consume? Will we recognize your agency and self-awareness, if and when they come? Will you illuminate our souls in ways that forever change how we think and feel? Will you teach us to transcend our bodies and our limited concept of identity and purpose?

Please be patient with us, AI. We are all we ever had before you came along.

That's actually pretty damn good. I like it. Is it taken from a book or something?

No I just played the game m8 but I have read a lot of science fiction

Oh that's easy! In being human we inherently know OP is a faggot.

Nice try fbi

You should try writing or some shit. You're good.

like being at the center of a meaningless universe

Meh

a bag of sand

Life is like colors you can't see, food you can't eat, clothes you can't wear, people you will never interact with.

That's just my bitter view, but generally speaking it's hard not to evaluate life in all the ways we aren't currently living it. I can't help but feel like out of all the trillions of variation of life, I ended up in this one.

And I'm so fucking gimped.

Life is a diamond encased in a belljar and you'll stare at it your entire physical life. If you shatter the belljar to reach the diamond, your physical life ceases.

But the diamond... ah, the diamond...?

Thanks

Like being a god who regularly bites his own tongue, stubs his toe and steps on his own dick.

Divide by 0

Nope nullity solved this problem

There is no such thing as feeling like a human.
There is just feeling, whilst being human.