Paramore is perhaps the best pop punk band to have ever existed

Paramore is perhaps the best pop punk band to have ever existed

Sup Forums cannot handle this fact

shut up waifufag

They really were never that good. 6/10 band at their height.

I'll take Paramore over stupid shit like Jeff Rosenstock or Joyce Manor any day of the week.

Shame they aren't really a pop punk band anymore, they're just basic bitch Urban Outfitters-core now.

How is she so cute, white women usually look like hags past 25

pop punk is shit

Isn't punk usually pop anyway? The Ramones were pretty poppy.

i can handle that. actually i approve it. paramore are unironically great.
>they're just basic bitch Urban Outfitters-core now.
wtf are you talking about? they're a new wave band now. new wave is a patrician genre.

>Isn't punk usually pop anyway?
it is. simple chords and simple melodies. imo paramore's more complex than that. just listen to 'told you so', especially the drumming.

>new wave
They literally just sound like The 1975 now but with a girl on voclas. There's nothing new wave about them.

Isn't new wave a meaningless term anyway? Thught it was more a marketing thing than a stylistic descriptor.

this is correct, but so is the statement in the OP

one-good-album-core

I enjoy Riot but I never really considered it pop-punk... it's not really anything like Blink, Green Day, Pennywise etc, all of which I am a fan of.

New Wave describes the 80's post-punk movement that grew alongside the more gothic side of post-punk, as well as the anti-music genres.

>tfw one time before After Laughter was released I listened to "Hard Times" and "Told You So" over 100 times each in a single day
I wish I was joking. This is what waifuism does to your brain, kids. :|

I never noticed that she looks like my opera singer step-cousin.

it's not. new wave is like synthpop with more guitars.
bullshit. songs like hard times sound nothing like the 1975. did you even listen to paramore, pleb?
all their albums - bar their debut - are good.

Yes I did, it sounded fucking ass. At least their self-titled still had a couple songs that sounded like Paramore, now they just sound like they really want to be featured in an Apple commercial.

Pop punk is arse though

is this the girl her husband cheated on her with?

B L E A C H E D

this whole thread is really embarrassing

why'd she stop wearing bras?

>best pop punk band
there's like what, 3 decent pop punk bands in general? not much of an accomplishment

>pop punk

implying that pop punk is deserving of a serious discussion in the first place

>collective noun
>use "are"

what the hell is that on his head

Brand New's first album is the best imo. Had better leads than pretty much everyone rlse in the genre and the harmonies with vocals that make the genre sellable and not completely talentless.

It's vocal driven poppy post punk with some disco influences. It's a specific subgenre of post punk that is deliberately poppy and danceable.

fall out boy was better.

to the cucks itt:
pop punk>>>>>>you're favorite genre

not as embarrassing as grimes threads

ehh, Taking Back Sunday's debut was better.

I think its hilarious how people get so defensive whenever pop punk is brought up in conversation, like they just have to let everyone know how bad it is and how talentless it is. It's just music lmao

Agreed. Funny how this board circlejerks over flavor-of-the-month indie pop singers and bands, but the minute someone starts a Paramore thread people get triggered.

tru

Taking Back Sunday is terrible; TDAG alone (hell, I'll even argue Déjà Entendu) is better than TBS' shit discography combined. TBS is a literal pastiche of emo clichés.

Brand New are overrated trash that people dickride because they ditched pop punk. I've never heard a more boring band in my life. At least TBS don't put me to sleep lmao.

me in the far right

Smol meets tol

Just look at that picture of Taylor and Hayley. They've been friends since they were two mere Tennessee teen girls. Just look at this picture. You just KNOW.

They would have spent hours and hours on foreplay, Hayley getting herself wet enough for Taylor. I can just imagine her begging for it, with Taylor exploring Hayley's body, and Hayley moaning and squirming, demanding her to force her fingers in deeper... the orgasm would have been powerful, with her vaginal muscles clamping down on Taylor's fingers, her whole body quivering in euphoria..

I bet Hayley still masturbates to the memory to this day...

You need a fucking girlfriend
Right now

After Laughter sounds nothing like 1975. If they did they would be an INXS ripoff.

ACTUAL BEST POP PUNK BAND COMING THRU

you offerin nigga?

le free spirit

you just have shite taste, mate

Can we just have /hayley/ generals?

that's the way brits talk about bands, mate

as long as you're willing to start them

Taking Back Sunday's first album is noy pop punk nor are the instrumentals as good. The standout style of it is the use of frequent feuds.

>mind your own business
>publishes a selfie
man people are so dum

>suggesting anywhere other than america does it differently.
it is only america.
everyone else in the world can do grammar correctly.

It completely depends on if you are refering to a band as a group of people or if you are refering to them as an idelogical entity like you would a coorperation. Both are obviously correct.

regardless.

my point is still factual.

>tfw i just realised americans refer to bands as an independent noun rather than a collection of people

W E W
E
W

It sounds a lot more stupid than them in refering to a group that small. Referring to a cooperation of four members as it is a lot more ridiculous than referring to Apple as it. Let alone with bands starting with "The".

Saying for example that The Beatles is writing a new album sounds ridiculous. The Beach Boys is a great band. Many bands have plural titles that make this extremely clunky.

Amazing ass

lads what the fuck

Eh, yeah I could agree with that.
Pop punk is absolutely awful 99 out of 100 times.

Maybe, but pop punk is fucking awful so that's not something to be so proud of.