The Beatles ripped off this song and they get credited as 'the first band to ever use indian instruments'...

The Beatles ripped off this song and they get credited as 'the first band to ever use indian instruments'? No fucking way man.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitar_in_popular_music#Early_uses_in_Western_pop_music
youtube.com/watch?v=pM1qZBFiOLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Se My Friends doesn't have any Indian instruments on it though, it's just a mistuned guitar

is a sitar

>Before the sitar was first used on a Western pop recording, the instrument's drone had been imitated on electric guitar by the Kinks on their 1965 single "See My Friends".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitar_in_popular_music#Early_uses_in_Western_pop_music

youtube.com/watch?v=pM1qZBFiOLU

Fuck the kinks

You can't rip off a song by writing a completely different song that happens to have similar-sounding tones achieved with completely different instruments.

O man, hi five for The Kinks.
It's my favorite band from big 4 [spoiler]Beatls, Who, Roling's, Kinks[/spoiler]

I'm sick and tired of everyone saying the beatles are shit compared to the other british acts of the 60s. None of them would have had a found success if not for them

No the Beatles did not rip the song off.
It features no Indian instruments.
Who credits then with being "'the first band to ever use indian instruments'?"

Nobody credits The Beatles with being 2the first of" anything at all. Everybody agrees they knew how to flesh songs using inspiration from different sources from Little Richard to Johan Sebastian Bach.
Stop acting like you just discovered who killed Hoffa

The Kinks are my favourite band. Fun fact, Ray Davies got the idea for the song as he was staying in India overnight for a layover while flying to Australia. Indian workers chanted as they worked and he worked that into a song.

The Beatles are your typical brits.
Gaining worldwide popularity through ripping off others' ideas.

There were popular British acts before the Beatles. The Kinks not being one of them, but Gerry and the Pacemakers had a film and went to America before the Beatles.

I always thought The Stones did it first with Paint it Black, but checking dates, they actually jumped in the bandwagon

Beatles > Who = Kinks > Stones desu

Based Ray:
>[Taxman] It sounds like a cross between the Who and Batman. It's a bit limited, but the Beatles get over this by the sexy double-tracking. It's surprising how sexy double-tracking makes a voice sound.
>[Eleanor Rigby] I bought a Haydn LP the other day and this sounds just like it. It's all sort of quartet stuff and it sounds like they're out to please music teachers in primary schools. I can imagine John saying: 'I'm going to write this for my old schoolmistress'. Still it's very commercial.
>[I'm Only Sleeping] It's a most beautiful song, much prettier than 'Eleanor Rigby'. A jolly old thing, really, and definitely the best track on the album.
>[Love You Too] George wrote this--he must have quite a big influence on the group now. This sort of song I was doing two years ago--now I'm doing what the Beatles were doing two years ago. It's not a bad song--it's well performed which is always true of a Beatles track.
>[Here There and Everywhere] This proves that the Beatles have got good memories, because there are a lot of busy chords in it. It's nice--like one instrument with the voice and guitar merging. Third best track on the album.
>[Yellow Submarine]This is a load of rubbish, really. I take the mickey out of myself on the piano and play stuff like this. I think they know it's not that good.
>[She Said She Said] This song is in to restore confidence in the old Beatles sound. That's all.

>[Good Day Sunshine] This'll be a giant. It doesn't force itself on you, but it stands out like 'I'm Only Sleeping'. This is back to the real old Beatles. I just don't think the fans like the newer electronic stuff. The Beatles are supposed to be like the boy next door only better.
>[And Your Bird Can Sing] Don't like this. The song's too predictable. It's not a Beatles song at all.
>[For No One] This will get covered, but it won't be a hit. It's really better than 'Eleanor Rigby' and the French horn is a nice effect.
>[Dr. Robert] It's good--there's a 12-bar beat and bits in it that are clever. Not my sort of thing, though.
>[I Want To Tell You] This helps the LP through. It's not up to the Beatles standard.
>[Got To Get You Into My Life] Jazz backing--and it just goes to prove that Britain's jazz musicians can't swing. Paul's singing better jazz than the musicians are playing which makes nonsense of people saying jazz and pop are very different. Paul sounds like Little Richard. Really, it's the most vintage Beatles track on the LP.
>[Tomorrow Never Knows]Listen to all those crazy sounds! It'll be popular in discotheques. I can imagine they had George Martin tied to a totem pole when they did this!

>This is the first Beatles LP I've really listened to in it's entirety but I must say there are better songs on 'Rubber Soul'. Still, 'I'm Only Sleeping' is a standout, 'Good Day Sunshine is second best and I also like 'Here, There and Everywhere.' But I don't want to be harsh about the others. The balance and recording technique are as good as ever.

>not liking And Your Bird Can Sing

who did this

dunno who you quoting, but whomever prasies Got to get you into my life and dismisses Bird can sing is full of shit

He’s quoting Ray Davies of the Kinks

Kek the Kinks made the first concept album, not the Beatles. Face to Face is as much, if not more of a concept album as Sgt. Peppers.

The Beatles Shite Album stole sales away from VGPS.

The idea of Sgt Pepper as a concept album is one of the biggest misconceptions in music history. They intended to make a concept album but abandoned the idea when they realized they only came up with like 3 songs related on itselves.

BTW it could be argued that Bo Diddley first album is the first concept album since all the songs are about himself

............ And I guess nobody posting in this thread has ever heard the song Miserlou by Dick Dale..........

>Misirlou
>Arab song
>Thread is about Indian influences

Low quality bait.

I agree with this.

Rolling Stones have made so many classic songs, but a LOT of their library is boring, lifeless, and repetitive.

I also disagree when he describes Dr. Robot, one of their universally most panned songs ever, as "good".

I still say that Pet Sounds by Beach Boys is the first true "concept album" of all time...

...okay, MAYBE Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited.

(Frank Zappa and) The Mothers of Invention's Freak Out! was one of the first, too.

Half of the songs on Pet Sounds are incongruous with the rest. Great album, but I wouldn't say it was a concept album.

>Dr. Robot, one of their universally most panned songs
are you stupid or what?
universally panned? lmao

The Who has a slight issue where it took them until '69 for Roger to truly find his voice, if he had found it by Sell Out they'd rival The Beatles.

Beatles > Who > Kinks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stones