Anyone got any good ideas for a DnD dungeon?

Anyone got any good ideas for a DnD dungeon?

>adventurers all go outside, meet people who aren't virgins and just generally grow the fuck up

jews secret treasure cache filled with golems where they hid their shit from hitler

far from a virgin mate but i still enjoy dnd

hermans sex dungeon

Sent to collect 7 shields related to your image. Turns out kingdom that sent you is really a bunch of demons. Slay demons. Celebrate loot. Uber demon appears to fuck up world.

A cursed system of caves where unknowingly as they go lower and lower they shrink and on the way back up they don't grow. so the difficulty scales and then the job is to find out how to return to normal.
If you can do it right there will be an amazing moment of realization. When they realize that monsters aren't getting bigger but the party is getting smaller.

sounds fucking amazing, but how would they return to normal
not bad actually
i kekd

Give me a minute I'll think of something

model it after the layout of your school or place of buisness

An ice giant that longed to be a scupltor carved a sprawing castle inside and iceberg, the only reason that the dungeon is kept so perfectly frozen in place is because after spending so much effort in creating it - he because almost one with it (in a magical or spiritual way)

This allows him to sculpt rooms and move the ice inside almost at will (although it does take him a good amount of effort), this also means that the walls and furnishings are tied directly to his life - have the party encounter him multiple times, chipping away at his HP, every time the damage him more the dungeon deteriorates more. The damage can manifest itself in ways like - creating indoor lakes, collapsing entrances or if you want to be a bit more magical you can have parts of the dungeon come to life like mimics to defend the giant

I love this idea, will save me a bunch of time on constructing the dungeons, but i'm looking for more story-related ideas or interesting battlefield/environment ideas
thanks though

I need more context about the world this is set in, I mean you could go easy and have them meet a witch or something. Perhaps something they find in the cave system like a cursed gem that needs to be destroyed.
Give me some context and I might be able to think of something better.

Not OP, but will fucking use this, it's amazing

Level of the party?

Five undead knights that keep resurrecting unless you kill them in the right order.

I should add that I would run this idea with the giant not being inherently hostile - but more of a somber soul that is quick to anger
You could base a questline around this, and eventually the giant feels so indebted to the party he offers to grant them the boon of immortality (which is revealed to be becoming incased in ice)

The fight can be about the escape from the icey prison and death of the giant

standard epic fantasy world, with cthulu/elder gods as BBEG entities
currently they are in a treasury of benarus (angel of lightless chambers) where they pass certain trials in order to get the treasure
they each got one token corresponding to their sin and can choose whether to place it sin side up (artefact tier reward, no light, harder enemies) or torch side up (wondrous magic item reward, light is allowed, a bit easier enemies)
looking for good ideas for those sin dungeons, because they wanna clear all seven and I haven't foreseen that
7 people, level 7, pathfinder
love it, will definitely add it

what would be the hint towards the right order though

Takes place in a world that is made of music, every rock, every tree, everything in the world has it's own sound and song.
The song used to be a beautiful one, flowing melodies from place to place, all within hearing harmonious with each other.
But one day a note came from the sky, a rasping, ugly note that changed the songs of the rocks and trees and earth just enough to mess everything up. Along with this corruption of the song came a corruption of the land, turning some bunnies, trees, and even people into monstrous distortions of their former selves.

Through resonance, playing instruments in this world is able to affect the songs of the land, and the land itself along with it.
A group of bards with different instruments with different effects in this world set off to right the songs of the world to return it to the tapestry it once was, using their music to defend themselves from the corrupted beings and landscape.

wow, will definitely add that as a plane, that's an astounding idea

ruined asylum with remains of patients ghosts
they have to uncover the mystery of how it got destroyed

Shrinking dungeon guy: if you haven't done greed yet it would be a great idea to load the cave up with loot and each piece of loot taken is another notch smaller the party becomes the and the only way to return to normal is to return each piece of loot/destroy it.

This would be a fun way to give your crew lots of fun enchanted weapons (perhaps items that seem to be tailored to each individual party member)to help them with the difficulty scaling and not ruin further campaigns.

Idk it probably needs more thought and im not familiar with Pathfinder but I always thought a shrinking dungeon would be a total mind fuck of an idea.

I don't really know what style your campaign is but another little one just came to me, although this fits in a story with a large magical villain.
The bad dude would "ransom" off a village or town for a huge sum of gold with some kind of obscure magic dome that allows entry, but disallows people to leave.

The dome is controlled by a few crystals that if destroyed, would cause the dome to drop.
The mage seen through this though, and cast a second spell on each house inside the village - turning every building into some twisted house of horrors or mini dungeon with the crystals at the end.
you can play around with things like illusions spells and really give skill based characters a time to shine - depending on how smart your players are you can also throw in a handful of real puzzles with hands on elements (like cyphers, riddles that pertain to each person in the party or teamwork exercises in the form of charades to reveal the answer)

This is pretty awesome

alright, will do that as the greed dungeon, I fucking love that idea

puzzle ideas also welcome
i was planing on adding a bunch of statues of chymeras and their components, and it was their job to link the correct statues

hmmm, sounds fun, will definitely add that somewhere, fits in my general storyline
what do you mean give skill based chars a time to shine? you mean seeing through illusions, diplomacy, that sort of deal?

Any horror themed ideas guys? Running a horror campaign here, could use any horror themed quests/dungeons/characters

Threads like these give me hope for b. Just a bunch of nerds making shit up. No shit eating or or pedophilia.

Maybe, can we have some details about the party? Or examples of things you've done in the past.

op here, didn't expect this kind of a reply tbh
the ideas are absolutely amazing

Wait, This is b?
Damn, it is going so well I thought I was on tg for a bit.

Seeing as its more of an illusiony, puzzly dungeon you can take the pull away from combat and throw in challenges:
needing people to make use of their crafts to bypass locked doors
Use charater knowledge to gain clues to solve in universe riddles
Use spellcraft and motive detection to decide whether the person they are talking to is real or just a creation of the wizard

If you look through the skill list you could come up with a small puzzle for each skill - then ddecide on your favorites, then flesh those puzzles out into their own mini dungeon
A whole dungeon that requires the party to tame a different beast in each room to progress or something

The reasoning behind this seeming awkward puzzles could be that the wizard was worried the people in the village would be able to solve some of the puzzles, so he created a massive variety of obscure puzzles so that he could be certain the villagers would be stumped

The dungeon is the petrified body of an ancient giant, frozen by a rare species of parasitic gorgon that still lives inside him. Killing the gorgon will unfreeze the giant, and they'll have to escape before before being digested or something.

4 people party, CE barbarian, CN occultist, NG warpriest and a CG sorcerer
they woke up in a strange dimension with no memory of how they got there, and need to figure shit out
for npc's, i mostly gave them clerics of azathoth, nyarlanthothep etc, generally peoeple which seem normal at the first glance (character wise), but then turn out to be psychopaths
most of my characters have some disfigurement or a specific look (guy has a curled rope instead of a face, etc)
they went through an asylum trying to figure out how it got ruined, i suggested that to op
they also have a shadowy figure following them, but have no idea how i'll make that play out, serial killers are so cliche
still a fresh campaign, and I wonder what horror elements I could add

One idea I had at one point was a room that would seal off and start filling with water when the party took a treasure in the middle, and would have a few golems or something similar that would need to be defeated before the water overtook the party. Never really fleshed out the details, but it could be interesting, I think.

I like this, I like this a lot

hm, i'll pull up a character sheet and get right on that, I love it
will add that to the greed dungeon, it should give them an idea how to return to normal.
thanks!
hmm, so basically i would have to lead them through the organs and arteries of a giant?
that is fucking fun

me too lol

party is sent out to gather eight flowers, each in a different kingdom/environment

Each flower is guarded by a creature (boss)
A white dragon with golden claws
A blue serpent whose venom kills instantly
A giant (Yusor)
Stufr, the if you don't reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight
Jeremiah Dumblecock, the asslicker and anus entangler
Johansse the rapist
Gargled Sement, the wise
John Handincock the rogue
And Gerald MasterCock

No problem! Glad to see my idea might finally get some use after all!

Maybe the shadowy figure can only manifest itself based on the fears of individual players. Or if they come upon a town the shadowy figure takes the form of whatever is plaguing the towns people.
That would make sense as to why the local monsters are seemingly working for the story's main antagonist, also would allow for a great boss rush in the end as the shadowy figure manifests itself as each previous iteration.

Is there a worse combination than lust and wrath

sorry i got bored but what i originally imagined was pretty cool, but then idk dumblecock came into mind

dyslecsic mage's laboratory, filled with a bunch of cursed shit and creatures he accidentally summoned

Here's a plot idea.
A seedy looking merchant with various trinkets makes some sort of deal with the main character involving making him stronger than ten men. Once the main character agrees to the deal the merchant takes out a pair of shears and cuts the main character's soul into 12 pieces and before the main character can react he takes one of the pieces of the soul with him.
Then the 11 pieces of the same person have to track down the merchant, who's trinkets turn out to be very powerful and obscure magical objects with possible eldritch origins, and their 12th piece and find some way to be whole again.
In the mean time the merchant takes the soul shard's free will for his own and then travels north where a god like being rests, missing a 12th of it's soul as well from earlier lore stuff, and the merchant hopes to merge the enslaved shard with the god like being in the north so as to command it to do, something...

tbh the first two ideas for bosses are pretty good, i might pick this one up and do it properly
but if you dont reply boss if a fucking magical idea i have to add that somewhere

Hm, I like both ideas. I will use this, thanks a lot man!

wow, this is a great idea, though i'm not sure how to tell a PC he has to play 11 characters or even how to do that mechanically

No problem. It's good that get some of this nonsense out of my head and even better knowing someone might actually use it.

why arent you DMing though, you have a lot of good ideas?
(if you have any more, shoot w/o limits, you're golden)

Lemme finish that list properly.

A white dragon with golden claws
A blackish blue serpent who's venom kills instantly
A enormous whale who's song crushes the air cavities of anything in the water with it.
A golem made from a small mountain
A tree several hundred meters tall with branches stretching out three times that, it can't move but will rain down razor sharp leaves on anything that approaches it
The ghost of an assassin that makes no sound and can only be where it cannot be seen
A legendary pyromancer that was consumed by his own flames but lives on in that same fire
A fallen angel who defends herself with the same shards of the sky she broke off when she fell

Thanks, im the only nerd in my friend group. So not enough people interested.

Big fan of adventure zone and a couple other 5th edition real play podcasts.

So I live vicariously though them.

Is there one more pathetic than Sloth and Pride?

You could adjust the number for the number of players, have the merchant split the guy into the number of players you have plus one for the one he takes.

Bump.

Free idea for anyone who wants it.

Bog standard dnd campaign but always make references to mirrors in rooms where action is happening after the party is working cohesively start to throw in bad copy's of player characters possibly with a chrome appearance, as time progresses send better and better mirror men. Always a copy of a player and always progressively stronger. Eventually reveal mirror man. Some npc they hurt or killed early on the the story whose soul got trapped in mirror and has been watching them through all mirrors. Mirror man (essentially a place holder name) hates the party and spends all his time building mirror clones of pc's eventually creates a perfect match for the party. Party must find out who mirror man is and destroy his original mirror to defeat him.

If dm'd right could be an amazing story.

Only way to see mirror man is a critical hit on perception or investigation.

you mean every player will play his char+the split guy?

That is an excellent idea

will steal, great story, even have the perfect npc for this
so basically he looks more and more like the party and assumes their looks to fuck them up?

does he copy everyone or a specific person?

Well all the shards of the original would take on one of his traits or something, but for any outside observer they would all seem like seperate people.
It would work best if you have a mythological system with ambiguous elements that each of them can represent like the classic four elements if you have a three player session or add aether or metal if it's a four player one.

Basically the shards would be the player's characters.
It has a clear end which is when they all become whole again which could be a plus or minus depending on how you see it, then again, maybe the shards will decide that they prefer being separate from each other.

hmm, sounds fun, i might give each character a trait based on his element (fire resistance and such) thanks mate!

I always imagined him being in the mirror working on creating clones. And then manifest as a mirror version of himself once he has perfected making mirror clones, perhaps with some of each of the party's skills or abilitys. But you can do whatever you want with it.

I think the best villains are good people turned bad. Like a friendly guy that got trapped in a mirror and went mad watching the people who put him there.
Copy of each pc

let people enjoy things you self-conscious, projecting fuck

any ideas on how he would attack?

this

For the mirror clones I would just take the character sheet of whoever he is cloning and make some minor changes. Less int and slightly weaker skills at first then as time passes and the mirror clones are better use normal character sheet with added damage resistances.

For mirror man (who I only imagine PC's fighting as a boss battle as he is trapped initially) I would take the best stat of each party member. As if he is using the strengths he learned while making the mirror clones.

wow that's fucking great, definitely stealing

His only real weakness would be destroying his mirror.

I imagine that's when he would manifest, when they find his mirror.

ye, definitely doing that
thanks a lot mate, a great idea

No problem glad to help.

Also not important but ive been picturing these guys like liquid metal. Terminator 2 style.
Maybe make sure they are mirrored in shape aswell like if the PC is right handed the mirror clone is left handed. Might be a nice hint about where they are coming from.

Fuck off Tyler

aw shit nigga why aren't you a dm that's an amazing idea

Like I said earlier, no nerdy friends. Just a bunch of loveable rednecks. Hell I just got one of them to play Skyrim.

are you in NV by any chance?
i'm coming to NV this summer on a work and travel program, would love to have someone to hang out with

Nah im from PA.
Drove through NV a couple times. Good luck. Place is a bit of a shit hole.

i'm on lake tahoe, so i hope it's not a shithole tbh, considering its a tourist destination
thanks

You'll probably be fine then