When the fuck is America going to stand up and say, You're rights aren't worth the lives of dead children?!

When the fuck is America going to stand up and say, You're rights aren't worth the lives of dead children?!
10,000+ deaths per year due to drunk driving!
1,100+ of them children!
If you support legal alcohol you are a fucking murder!

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Did-President-Obama-have-time-in-office-with-a-Democratically-controlled-Congress
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm for the right to drink wine on occasion, but explain to me why ANYONE would need hard alcohol like Jack Daniels or Guiness?

> mom I'm thinking about america again.
Shut up and eat your borscht.

34,000 deaths from traffic accidents.
When are they going to ban cars?
250,000 deaths from medical mistakes.
When are they going to ban Assault Doctors?

They should ban old age too.

Your rights are worth the lives of dead children.

Hey I drink like a fish but I don't drive cars ever. I would say supporting corporations like McDonald's makes you more of a monster than drinking.

Retard alert.

We could take away cars because they are the instrument used in the manslaughter. I mean, that's how gun liberals view gun laws, right?

Our rights were reclaimed from tyranny through the deaths of children in 1776. You're a gigantic pussy, and I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers.

>You're rights aren't worth the lives of dead children?!
actually they are

This is a good point. We should limit who is allowed to practice medicine. why should a PA or CNP be allowed to make emedical diagnosis. People die all the time from not being medically treated adiquetly

I see what you did there.

Hope i see you on the road faggot. (rare pepe)

Sorry OP, i thought this was another gun control thread. Personally i like to drink bourbon, whiskey and vodka. I don't like beer at all. or wine. Unless its the best.

I do it for fun. Makes things a bit more acceptable. Makes worse things feel not as bad.

>You're rights aren't worth the lives of dead children?!

How about they just say that yes, 1) we have the right to self-defense, and 2) the best way to advance that right is to get rid of all the goddamn guns people keep shooting us with

This is the way women think, which is why we should take their right to vote away. Women voters inevitably lead to prohibition. Female tyranny is the end of everything good.

Obama cockblocked for 8 years by Republican Congress.
Right-Wing blames Obama for Congress not passing Legislation after Trumps been President and Republican majority for over a year.
Good try, losers. You're in charge. Fuc*ing do something! Pathetic!

>the best way to advance that right is to get rid of all the goddamn guns people keep shooting us with

If by that you mean disarm the people with guns who shoot people, then i agree. Doesn't mean we disarm people who abide by laws.

Certain states need to crack down on DUIs.
More checkpoints or something. Make beer illegal and I will take up arms

stay mad kid

I'm not even american, and I don't really care for the gun question concerning the US that much, but I have some time to kill, and there are some things I'd like to bring up I not really see mentioned anywhere in any news articles or the such. I'll cite numbers from wikipedia for my argumentation, I know that's not the good way to go, but I'll do it anyway as this is Sup Forums and this is the best source I found with 1 minute of research. So:

As I see it, the number of shootings or gun related deaths cannot solely be based on the guns per capita level in the US. Some numbers:
The US is the country with the highest guns per capita level (g/c from now on) in the world. There are 101 guns per 100 citizens. That's a whole lot even compared to number 2 in the list, serbia with a g/c of 58.21 (See? That's why wikipedia is a shit source, the 0.21 does not make sense, should have been rounded down to 58 but w/e). Then we have yemen with roughly 55g/c. Some other interesting cases are Honduras in number 87 with 6 g/c or germany and Iceland with roughly 30 g/c. Now why did I use these examples?

Let's look at statistic number 2 the gun related deaths in a given year (g/d). The US poses a g/d sum of 10.54 in 2014(that really doesn't make sense at all in this case, I don't know how they even came up with the 0.54 but again, stay with me here). Honduras, with only 6 g/c gets 67 g/d.
Serbia gets roughly 4 g/d. There is no data for Yemen. Germany and Iceland each have a count of about 1 g/d.

What conclusions can be reached by this? As we see, countries that still have a relativley high g/c count, don't necessarily have a high g/d count, germany and Iceland pose about a third of the g/c but only a tenth of the g/d of the US. Serbia is the second highest in g/c, but only poses about a third of g/d compared to the US. Honduras is probably not the best example, because I guess not all the guns that people there really have are counted, but it still helps to comprehend the problem. 1/2

>Obama cockblocked for 8 years by Republican Congress.
>For 8 years
QUICK LOOK EVERYONE! Here's one of those low-information voters that makes shit up to advance his narrative.
Protip: Do some simple research before you open your cock holster and spew lies you fucking asshole.

quora.com/Did-President-Obama-have-time-in-office-with-a-Democratically-controlled-Congress

>itt: nobody reads the OP and gets butthurt over much guns

Shows why there is a mental issue problem in America in the first place. Knee jerk emotional reactions to shit that honestly doesn’t matter. People die and people are gonna kill people one way or another, stop being pussies and wait your turn.

Great thread OP high underrated.

Honduras, at least as far as I know, is a very troubled country. And this brings me to my final point. It seems to me, people seek a simple solution for a complex problem. While the gun control might be too lax, and my remarks here do NOT prove that the g/c has absolutely no correlation with g/d whatsoever, there seems to be a larger societal problem that cannot simply be solved by gun regulation. The case of Honduras also shows that unregistered guns can also cause massive amounts of deaths.

It's not a simple topic that can be boiled down to "Muh gunz" and "muh guncontrol".

If one does more research one might find better numbers, I think statistics about poverty or the such can be informative in that context too.

My sources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Try banning it. It worked so well last time.

I forgot to mention g/d is per 100000 citizens.

It is a gun control thread. It's satirical, but OP is still a fag

Unsung hero post of this thread.

U.S. Has less mass shootings per capita than Norway and Switzerland.
Per capita, the U.S. Is like 10th

I didn't look up how the g/d ratio comes to pass exactly. I'd say the phenomenon of mass shootings deserves it's very own research. I guess there are even more factors to determine how and why they come to pass compared to the protruding problem.

Alcohol should be more restricted though! Imagine a future where nobody can just buy their own alcohol, where you have to go to a club or bar, sounds horrible right?

But wait, suddenly not only drinking becomes far more reasonable, but an inherently social activity, and we've done a great deal to solve pervasive loneliness and social isolation in the twenty-first century, not to mention we could finally get the legal age to drink in the usa down to a more reasonable 18 or so, and with hope for social connection outside of highschool, maybe you have even less school shooters, no?
If you can afford an AR15, you can afford a fucking tax stamp.
FREE DEMOCRATIC STATISM FOREVER

Ban drinking at home. You must drive to get drunk

Yes, and you have to sober up before they'll let you leave (or maybe we can work out a system that preserves bar-hopping, ideally). Believe in yourself humanity, anomie will be dead, and we'll have killed it!

Ban Americans as a whole and the rest of us will be safe.

>$5 has been deposited in to your account

i agree, blackmarket is just a freemarket the government is jealous of

Guiness is hard? And a snifter of whiskey is nice for a slow drink.

inb4
>hurrr durr not drinking to get drunk

10,000 deaths aren't related to DUI's. They're related to alcohol-related-traffic incidents (drunk pedestrians walking in front of sober people, one example) Next you want people to leave their homes to get drunk, not everyone handles alcohol well in public and still enjoys a drink. If you want to solve a DUI problem support better transportation alternatives instead of more road blocks. But I don't know shit, OP knows the answer, probably not poor, and is a marxist restricting individual choices.

there was a case in ireland where some old cunt drove drunk and killed someone. Because he was old he got off with a 500€ fine and a few points on his license.

yet when you’re young and drive alone on a learners permit you can go to jail and face a 2k fine.

people who drive drunk should kill themselves on their own

Install sleeping spots at all bars so you can get sober enough to drive
Hell we could just rent out rooms at a premium

basically
>niggers

>eating 1500 calories worth of Mcdonalds vs...
>deinking loaces of bread with even less nutritional value plus whatever crap youre eating.

Okay

>he says, spelling like he just downed a whole bottle of liqour

unlike you i like putting poison in my body in low amount over a long period of time, cause i'm too pussy to pull a trigger

well yeah that's the idea, but remember also, since this would be publicly regulated more, you'd need at lot of extra amenities if you wanted to charge high prices for alcohol or rooms. and probably higher class alcohol if it was going to be expensive to get drinks there.

Fuck off back to Moscow, Ivan
>sage this shit

when will this retard discover drunk driving is illegal?

>assault alcohol

Fuck OP you are the gayest fag in the land today!

>You're rights aren't worth the lives of dead children
>mfw dead children have no life

It isn't illegal enough

kek

I like this user

Hey cuck a luck. Do you still get paid if your thread fails AND instigates useful discussion? Because I'd like to sign up if you do

Go to Sup Forums for this shit

There are laws against drunk driving. They don’t prevent all of the drunk driving deaths but they reduce them. We’re ging for the same affect with gun laws. You gun fetishists are really bad at logic.

The difference is that cars have immense practical value and allow modern society to function. Yes, they are dangerous but their value to society outweighs the danger. Whereas semi-automatic rifles with large-capacity magazines don't have many (or any) legitimate uses for the average civilian.

I'm all for allowing civilians to have hunting rifles (because hunting is a legitimate activity) and basic handguns and non-automatic shotguns for self-defense. But why does the average civilian need an automatic weapon that can take out an entire room full of people in a matter of seconds? The risk to society is not worth the tremendous risk, in my opinion.

Edit: last sentence should read: the value to society does not outweigh the tremendous risk.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about alcohol the way people talk about guns.

This bait is getting really stale.

It's not bait. I'm a Canadafag and we have sensible gun laws and we have a culture that isn't totally insane when it comes to guns. I'm just trying to logically explain my opinion.

Rather than calling my argument "bait", why don't you explain to me why the average american citizen needs automatic weapons that can kill a room-full of people in seconds?

I need to locate anihydrus someone help please ?

I need resources please

Anhydrous what? Anhydrous is an adjective, not a noun. WTF are you even asking?

>a fucking murder
Welp, guess that since I am drunk at the moment I am a fucking murder.

You know out of that 10k, 63% of that was suicide. The rest was police, gang on gang, defensive and accidental shooting. Less than 1% was homicide. Check FBI webpage if you don't believe those numbers.

Ah. Well here we go.
First, back to alcohol, and speed limits... 45 mile an hour speed limits and breathalyzer in every car will save thousands of lives every year if we adopt them. But it's obvious that we shouldn't.

No other country in the world has the issue America has. 300million plus people in the country, and we share a huge board with Mexico. Centeral and South America have major problems with corruption and violence.

No country can say,"we have laws here that would be better if stupid Americans adopted them" because there is no country like America.

People point to Australia. If Australia was landlocked with Africa, there would be no weapons banned there.

Canada would be fucked if it had Americas population and shared boarder

Retard.. cars will be automated in 5-10 years and road deaths will fall dramatically.. also cars are one of the foundations of your fucking dumb USA economy.. what benefit have guns owned by civilians ever brought to your country ? A few hillbilly redneck hunters getting enjoyment - a real cornerstone to your economic development...

We are talking about booze here fella

Basically this. If we took guns away from niggers the us would actually have a semi normal gun death rate

The car is inspected, registered, and taxed. The driver must prove competency to obtain a license, and must pay for insurance. The laws are regularly updated to make the roads as safe as they can be while still allowing lawful uses.

I would support these same common-sense safeguards for gun owners.

You are wrong.
Blacks use to wal around with knives and canes, to beat eachothers asses. The crips are named after the canes the used back in the 70s
Then the salvadorian gangs (having just fled a country in civil war) upped the violence.
They invented drive bys and even are responsible for racial gang violence.
Black were just stabbing other black gang members before that.

Yeh this is sensible.. the equivalent car to an assault rifle is a top end drag racer ... very few people would be allowed to own one

nice dubs.
I don't support alcohol.
I support the friendly bartenders that serve it to me.
Getting buzzed is a bonus.

GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE BULLETS DO!

>assault doctors

That was then and this is now, black people are responsible for over 50% of gun homicides in the United States while they only make up 12-13% of the population. Thats a fact

You're changing he subject. My question was: what is a valid reason for the average american civilian to be able to own an automatic weapon that can kill a room-full of people in seconds? You still haven't answered it.

Now I will address your car analogy. I see your point about how draconian car laws could make the roads safer, but we obviously don't make laws like this because they are oppressive and draconian. I agree. However, we DO have sensible car laws that reduce harm while still allowing people to have some freedom. For instance, all cars on the road have to have basic safety features. Headlights, signal lights, brakes, seatbelts. We don't allow people to drive tanks on public roads. We have speed limits. Yes, these laws restrict people's freedom. But most agree that they are moderate and the slight reduction in freedom is worth the huge increase in safety.

Back to guns. As I have said, I don't support draconian gun laws like "all guns are banned for everyone, in every circumstance." I recognize that guns have some legitimate purposes, such as hunting food, self-defense, target shooting as a sport. But I think that, just like how there are laws against driving tanks on public roads and there are laws prohibiting people from going 300 mph on the highway, America should have laws against extremely dangerous weapons like automatic and semi-automatic rifles with large ammunition capacities. It's not about all-or-nothing thinking. It's about shades of grey and drawing a line at a certain point.

It's funny that people say America has some crazy gun culture.
Most Americans have never even held a gun. Others collect them, do things like sports shooting with them.
As many illegal weapons cross the boarder, many Americans don't want to defend their home with a bolt action rifle, when gang members are crossing the boarder with AKs

Americas also don't forget that in living memory, it's Japanese citizens were rounded up and put in internment camps.

Let me translate that to Canadian, "baaaaaa baaaaaa baa baaaa baaaaaa baaaaaaaaa"

They aren't allowed to have automatic weapons

It's probably just as an outsider, my view of american gun culture is heavily influenced by american news and media. They seem to focus on gun issues a lot, and mainstream media tends to bring out the loudest, most extreme voices on either side (because it's sensational and boosts ratings).

Also, you guys have pretty depressing gun crime statistics for a first-world nation.

hey if driving drunk and mowing down people is wrong I don't wanna be right

There are many sensible gun laws.
It's illegal to kill people with them
It's illegal to shoot them in your house
It's illegal to swim with them in a public pool

Making laws to make breaking other laws harder are redundant and imbecilic.

Do you honestly think that if Canada had Americas gun laws, you would have as much violence as America? Guns don't turn people violent. If Canadians had complete gun freedom, they would be fine.

Limiting or banning automatic weapons won't do jack shit for the United States' gun homicide rate, if you want lower that stat, you have to either

a. Ban Handguns
b. Ban black/brown people

Handguns make up the vast majority of gun homicides, with automatic and semiautomatic "assault" rifles making up only about 1%. Black people make up about 50% of all gun murders while representing only 12-13% of the population, thus restricting them from owning guns (if done effectively) would more than cut in half the U.S firearm homicide rate. The United States government will never do any of these things, and if the liberals ever get their dream come true of "muh ban ass salt rifles", effectively nothing will change at least in terms of the stats

Again, those statistics aren't per capita. We are a huge country.
If you spent a year in America, you are unlikely to see a single person actually carrying a gun, other than cops

India has a lot of brown people....

*slow clap*

Using your logic:
Is it legal to drive a car at 300 mph (even if you don't kill anyone?)
Is it legal to drive drunk, even if you haven't caused an accident (yet)?
It it legal to manufacture and transport live poliovirus (even if you don't release it?)
Is it legal to plant a bomb in a shopping mall, even if the bomb never goes off and never harms anyone?

The problem with relying solely on laws that focus on the end result (such as whether or not you successfully killed someone with your gun) is that by the time you've committed the act, it's already too late. The harm has already been done. You need to make laws that focus on prevention as well.

You still haven't answered my original question, though.

I'm a Canadian gun owner and let me say that alot of Canadian gun laws are stupid and only hurt the law abiding. Theres a 5 round limit to semi auto magazines. A 10 cent rivet enforces this law. If that falls out, you go to jail.
Ar-15 type weapons are restricted and must be registered with the government and locked up in multiple layers, but a 20mm semi automatic anti tank rifle can legally be driven around in the back of your truck as long as its unloaded.

Interesting. I did not know these things.

No, my logic is
It's legal to own a Ferrari if you obey the speed limits
It's legal to drink if you don't drive

America has absolutely retarded gun laws in certain states.
The gun debate is whether or not to let the federal government make blanket laws.
Florida can adopt California's gun laws if they want.
To suggest that Montana should just because Florida fucked it's culture up, is absurd.

It should be up to the state. If you don't like your state's laws, move.

It currently is, and I did move from Ca to SD for that reason amount others.
Gun control advocates pressuring the federal government to in force bans, is actually a type of evil.