Has it clicked yet Sup Forums

has it clicked yet Sup Forums

i tried listening to this shit back when i was 15, didn't click then. I'm 20 now and it still sounds like utter garbage

It's not supposed to click, that's the point. If you want a Beefheart record that will click listen to Safe As Milk

literally 0 IQ

yes that vox video made it so much better! xD

yeah it clicked
i clicked right off that album

It "clicked" back in junior year of high school. I'm a sophomore in university and it remains as one of my favorite rock albums. :)

is there actually a vox vid on this album? that makes me madd :(((((

Lick My Decals Off, Baby is the better Trout Mask Replica

There's nothing to click, it's a joke album made to dupe fools like you who always think every album has a hidden meaning.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAMA MAMA HERE COME DOCTOR DARK

I've tried listening to it 12 times and it was so bad I couldn't make it all the way through.

The last song is the best one on the album, and there will be people who will never experience the pure euphoria of listening to it.
SAD!

This album clicked for me the first time I heard it, I have never understood what some people find so inaccessible about it, other than maybe the first track. I had a background of listening to experimental/progressive/technical rock and a lot of dissonant noise stuff though, so I guess I had a fairly ideal background, but its not like I know more than basic music theory or play guitar.

But it does. It just happened to me. It's not like it sounds good out of the sudden. It's more of a mesmerizing experience.

It's not for everyone I guess.

F A S T A N D B U L B O U S

>out of the sudden

yes it's very upsetting lol

Ur full of shit

Yeah, I've always been into noise and math rock and it wasn't that hard for me to get into either. There are so many catchy fucking grooves when you start separating the instruments, and Beefheart's vocals aren't too hard to stomach if you're into Tom Waits or Howlin' Wolf.

It's okay if you don't believe me user

it sounds like ass, i mean yeah i respect for being as experimental as it is but it doesn't sound good on my ears. that's what matters.

is this the rick and morty of music?

Saved.

I tried listening to it when I first started listening to Sup Forumscore and didn't get it at all. Then a few years later I listened to some free jazz and came back to it and was like 'oh I get it now'. It sounds disparate and unorganized but it actually all fits together amazingly once you notice it

He said as he posted anime I am literally crying

Amazing album. Took 5-10 full listens before I actually liked it. China Pig was the entry point for me: the first song that didn't sound like shit off the bat. After that one clicked, the others followed one by one. Top 5 album of all time for sure.

it never clicked but it's kinda what i wished punk rock was

The first time I listened to it actually. It took me a while to get The Velvet Underground before, but by the time I got to Trout Mask Replica, I got it.

Good to know that I'm not alone on that. I don't really listen very closely to vocals usually, and I have listened to enough metal that Beefheart's vocals sound fine, just eccentric. And yeah, lots of catchy grooves.

No and i hope it nevr does

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you don't find Veteran's Day Poppy accessible/catchy you are beyond pleb tier. It's melodic and tonal, very slightly off-kilter. Sounds similar to math rock.

see

I don't get this Dr"Clicked"
Does it mean when you like something or when it starts to make sense, or just the point where you get attached to it
Idk

ITT: "I like it because people told me it's good"

It will never click and it's not supposed to.

It didn't click, I've Just always liked it. My dad was a Beefheart fan so I heard it all the time growing up, as a kid I just thought it was funny and I liked it.

I've also been getting into free jazz this year, I've only listened to Beefheart once and that was several years ago, it's probably time to give it another spin.

nigga that shit clicked when i first listened to it in 2006 lmao fucking pleb

why aren't weebs banned on sight? Seems like a major oversight

This guy has the right idea

this is a weeb website, faggot

I despise tryhard experimental shit like Faust and the Pop Group and even I like Beefheart.

Not an argument. Also he's right. Not our fault you're a fucking retard lazy piece of shit who doesn't understand Captain Beefheart's music, thusfar calling it "garbage". Guess, you better stick around to your shitty pop music, then.

see

Weebs are okay but stay!gold is a no-taste faggot who deserves to be banned (again) like the rest of his circlejerk posse.

Fucking weeb

fucking RUDE