So you find a wallet with $500 in it, and a note saying "If you leave this wallet to the police with the money in it...

So you find a wallet with $500 in it, and a note saying "If you leave this wallet to the police with the money in it, you will get a big reward". What do you do, keep the money, or give wallet to the police and hope for much bigger reward? I'd keep the dollars!

Why the fuck would I steal?

Honestly i would give it back. dont care about the cash. money is only virtual.

'Find' isn't a metaphor for 'stel', you honestly found it. So what do you do?

Contact the person using their id in their wallet and return it to them. Not handing it to the police like a retard.
And I'm not a thief either.
Greed is the root of evil and degeneracy.

I wouldn't care about the message and would turn it in. That money's not mine and I'm not a thief.

Should the owner not claim it, it will become mine anyway.

Give it to the police cause there is an id in it and the owner can be contacted. I would even feel guilty for receiving a reward, cause ill question my intentions. I have enough guilt in my life, dont need more.

this thread kinda restores your faith in humanity

i'm eating a potato chip only diet for the past couple months
hell no

I found £235 on the floor on Christmas Eve once literally just all over the place next to a road like someone had thrown it out of a passing car window.
No wallet, just money... obviously took the lot.
If there was a wallet since it was Christmas Eve I would have tried to locate the owner... but since it was just unexplainable money, I took the lot.

In your case, I'd probably think I'm being watched with a camera like it's a social experiment so I'd hand it in.
I'd hate to take it then get outed for being a cunt.

Well, let's be smart about this.

If the wallet is laying somewhere and you find it with a note in it, you're clearly being watched / monitored. I would turn it in and see what happens.

There's a note in it you simpleton. It's a social experiment. No one just leaves notes in their wallet then leaves it lying about.

>Greed is the root of evil and degeneracy
Right up there with pedophillia and spending all day masturbating on a Chinese cartoon website

I would not see it, too busy watching four chan on my phone.

I would eat a banana.

The path to true happiness and contentedness is with the least material wealth.
The simpler the life. The better.

I would turn it in but save the address on the idea. Then mail animal parts to them weekly.

I'd fuck myself with raw spaghetti

I want to do whats right, maybe the person loosing this $500 could really be needing it to get by.

I would return it without expecting any reward. Had it been a bigger sum sum like $50000 or more i would expect a reward.

I would turn it in for one reason...

I was stationed in Japan and we were buying plane tickets home. My buddy put mine on his card and I went to the bank to get cash to pay him back. $700. Somehow dropped my wallet in the cab on the way back from the bank. The cab driver turned it in to the police with every dollar in it. Swore I'd always return anything I found

fucking retard much lose his wallet all the like if he needs to put a note in it

I hope you choke on one. Where is the fun in ruining ylyls for others? I genuinely dont understand what the merit is in trolling. I thought it was mere 12 year old attention-seeking, but apparently it isnt.

>keep wallet
>have 500

or
>return wallet
>get 10% of 500 max, a thank you and have to go to the cops

f'n hard decision, retard

Congratulations!
You just discovered the internet!

Welcome aboard!1111ONE!111!

Calm down Ghandi, I don't think you can boil down happiness to material possession only, the poorest people (at least in my country) are all miserable as fuck.

Besides, my point was more about the irony of some dude preaching about degeneracy in one of the most openly degenerate places on the internet.

you don't have such a note in there just in case you lose your wallet?

peasant

Sure, I'd give it to the cops, but I'd keep the money.

"no sir, there was no moniez in there"
win/win, problem solved

>10% of 500 max,

No one said 10%. Note said 'big reward', could in theory be 200%.... or more.

At least throw the wallet in a postbox - if there is a way to identify the owner, you can take a look in the phonebook or just google it, maybe you get the number or an other opinion to contact the owner.
If there are pics of their children in, it's easier to give the money back (NO, not this kind of pictures )