What movie had the best soundtrack, and why is that movie Terminator 2?

What movie had the best soundtrack, and why is that movie Terminator 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=EBA3mS-jt88

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ZY2mRG5mzg
youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bRguYhNBhbc
youtube.com/watch?v=n4PQRpo2Wng
youtube.com/watch?v=_24YWy71RXo
youtube.com/watch?v=zbCbwP6ibR4
youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s
youtube.com/watch?v=8mCR_4DdNZI
youtube.com/watch?v=gTmEYnhEUfo
youtube.com/watch?v=MOtIQaYep3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qA5bVjCm-Jc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

T2 had an extremely well done soundtrack. They aimed for mood and tension and subtlety rather than for oomph. It perfectly underlined every scene. Just a great action movie in general.

Pretty much, and they also had a really good theme for the T-1000, really emphasized how dangerous and nasty he was.

Shame Brad Fidel retired.

T1 theme >= T2 theme > T:Salvation theme > T:Genisys theme > T3 theme

I give that it's a great movie but take a backseat when we are talking about soundtrack

I like all iterations of the Terminator theme, but I found T2's to be the superior one, it just sounds cleaner to me somehow.

Also, did the theme show up in Salvation at all? I only recall finding it on youtube, not in the movie.

T1's to me is darker (in b4 edge), but T2 definitely has a sense of triumph and power to it that can't be hated.

And I haven't watched Salvation in ages, maybe I should.

It's probably cos T2 has been my favourite movie since I was a kid, so I have some nostalgia going on.

Salvation isn't terrible, but it's just such a departure from all the other films. I wish they'd kept the future war the way it was shown in the previous movies. Making it just modern military stuff ruined it for me.

Genisys got that part absolutely right.

Well as people always remind me Salvation is set in the early stages of the war, which was still a shite idea I want my rayguns, not goddamn M4s.

Pretty much. At least they could have kept the tone intact. Rather than having it be all daytime desert action.

Going the simple route was the right way to do it, rather than inventing some new model bollocks just to try and out-do the previous ones. T2 got away with it, but it didn't work in T3, or in Genisys.
Salvation fucked up with its harvester robot that looked straight out of Mars Attacks, but its use of basic Terminators and Hunter Killers was effective.

Conan the barbarian

If you say anything else, you are lying

youtu.be/5ZY2mRG5mzg

>Salvation isn't terrible

It is, dont be a fucking idiot. The movie is two scripts cobbled into a nonsensical mess. Worst part is both scripts were already terrible.

The story on this is all online.

>watch T2 for the first time yesterday
>three minutes in
>see this

Why is Cameron such a fucking HACK?

I mean, if it wasn't a Terminator film, it'd be at least average.

Four Horsemen, I never noticed that before.

Nice

Another '90s soundtrack coming through, people! Soundtrack general, eh?

predator has the best soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ

youtube.com/watch?v=bRguYhNBhbc

youtube.com/watch?v=n4PQRpo2Wng

youtube.com/watch?v=_24YWy71RXo

youtube.com/watch?v=zbCbwP6ibR4
Even with another soundtrack in the trailer it works.

youtube.com/watch?v=_SBQvd6vY9s
I've gotta go with LoTR for the best original soundtrack.

That Robocop trailer is pretty epic. Brad Fiedel's Terminator theme and those cops defending goold ol' Robo... fuck yeah!

Goldsmith galore!

youtube.com/watch?v=8mCR_4DdNZI

youtube.com/watch?v=gTmEYnhEUfo

youtube.com/watch?v=MOtIQaYep3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=qA5bVjCm-Jc