How convenient

how convenient

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIDeSYiGI14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That scene literally ruined the whole trilogy for me
Why didn't he just ask these ghost cucks to cuck every single foe from the beginning? The entire adventure is pointless.

Peter Hackson getting more creative control as the series went on.

le DEUS EX MACHINA

XD

2spoopy4me

>There's knife work here need doin'!

What did he mean by this?

How convenient

I cant believe this exists

lotr was never anything other than genre fiction.

>super mario bros sound fx

youtube.com/watch?v=GIDeSYiGI14

Is this how physics works friends? I'm quite dumb myself

yes!

don't question it

I'm ok with it because they actually had to work to get them on their side. It's just that hours have passed and you tend to forget they existed.

>Bite the obvious plot bait
>Do a subquest to gain a fuckton of allies
>Use them as soon as it's needed
>Win an unwinnable battle
That's good DMing.

>elves are so light they don't leave footprints in the snow
>complain when the same logic is used in other instances

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or just stupid as fuck.

I read the books like 15 years ago, but wasn't that shit straight out of the book? Shouldn't this be a Tolkien problem? I mean, you guys are lucky that they left out what really happened when the hobbits returned to the shire. Saruman literally survives, attacks, and enslaves the hobbits while they are gone. Frodo and company literally have to fight another battle to liberate them.

>but wasn't that shit straight out of the book?
the ghosts didn't make it to gondor, they just scared the corsairs away, then disappeared (because they owed their king 1 battle).

They didn't mow through 20,000 orcs in 10 seconds and then arbitrarily decide to not help anymore.

It goes a little differently in the books. The dead were sworn to Isildur to fight one battle. They chickned out and didn't show and their oath cursed them. Aragorn comes and agrees to hold the oath fulfilled if they help him fight one battle. So, in the book, they go against the corsairs only. Aragorn releases them. Then he gathers all the men of South Gondor he can to man the ships, and sends more marching north. And he arrives on the Pelennor with men of Gondor. The ghosts are are long gone at that point.

This this this. In the book it was a small issue, just a little help. In the movie they zergrushed the Mordor armies. Ridiculous and oh boy did it suck out all the tension.

Elf's weight is tiny. Legolas walked on the snow and his feet didn't go under it. Fuck off, normies.

Ah okay, my bad. Memory is foggy on it all.

KING OF THE DEAD I'VE COME TO BARGAIN

Wait, literally?

In all honesty, I didn't mind the ghosts speeding up the battle. It was already a long one, and there was a lot more to the story than just fights. We'd already sat through Helm's Deep anyway (which I prefer, still).

>Peter Hackson getting more creative control as the series went on.

this is exactly true.
You can see his trust in CGI growing during the three movies.
First had no CGI that was not absolutely needed.
Thank god he filmed those movies in a very short time span.

We could see with the hobbits what would have happened...

In fact I just rewatched the movies this weekend and was constantly thinking about that.
Remember that "implied" epic battle between gandalf and the balrog?
It was literally just one line of him saying "we fought from the deepest dungeon to the highest peak". And they showed the death blow on the mountain. It made Gandalf way more interesting and mysterious and the whole battle very powerful.

Todays Hackson would have turne this into a 40 minute battle scene...

Yeah, it's kinda funny actually. They find that the shire has been turned into an industrial wasteland for Saruman's war cause. They gather the hobbits and have a battle with what's left of Saruman's forces. Then Saruman at the end kicks his sidekick Worm, and Worm loses it and slits his throat.

Would have added another 30 minutes to the movie but that would be worth it.
But I guess they just didnt have an opportunity to make this short enough for the cinema release.

Aragorns arch would gain so much from him uniting these people as "king"/heir.

Maybe it's that CGI is such a simple and straightforward solution to all effects shots, so as directors start working with it they get an ever-increasing liking for it.

thanks for the explanation bookbro

What PS3 cut scene is this from?

also the ghosts couldn't actually interact with physical matter... they were only useful because they scared the shit out of corsairs and they all drowned in panic

how in the blue fuck are the hobbits capable of challenging saruman?

they beat him up.
He tries to stab Frodo but fails.
Frodo lets him go anyway.

Saruman is now basically a useless old beggar with only Wormtongue by his side. He starts venting on Wormtongue insulting him and beating him so wormtongue goes full autism-sperg and stabs Saruman in blind rage.
He was a good friend.

(this is literally what happened in the books)

he was a boss fucking wizard though. he was a wizard even before he was on sauron's side.

tolkien really wrote this? it seems retarded.