Yfw we're all still waiting on season 2 of The Expanse

>yfw we're all still waiting on season 2 of The Expanse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3gj8tRaFIfs
youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it got cancelled mate

Season 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3gj8tRaFIfs

January 2017

Can't wait, great show, hard sci-fi

>post yfw SyFyactually created a top tier patrician sci-fi show

fuck you my heart dropped and i had to check

I love this show

january 2 or january 31?

such a good show but kiwiis dont belong in space

Is it shit?

January is actually kind of soon, not too long ago it was two years til season 2

best sci fi since battlestar or farscape

watch it

>two years
What?

Isn't bobby supposed to be a redhead?

>battlestar or farscape
>best
lol

>four more seasons until it goes full Stargate
>another two until Rocinante goes SG1
>another two until Amos goes Operator on Earth

It will get axed way before shit gets real

No, just Polynesian.

The actress playing Bobby isn't as tall, muscular, or stacked as her book description but good fucking luck finding anyone who has those physical characteristics and can act at any real level.

Just going by the ads Frankie Adams doesn't seem to have the right gravitas or personality but admittedly we've only had the one ad. Hopefully she'll be better in the show proper.

I've tried watching the first episode 3 times. Keep falling asleep. Does Mike from Breaking Bad do anything interesting in this?

I didn't know it was a syfy show.

Season 1 was 2015 user

this

It takes a while to get going.

They spend the first few episodes showing you it's not a ray-guns and warp travel sci-fi show and then shit hits the fan in CQB. From there it's all systems go.

Honestly it might be best to skip ahead to CQB. If you like it go back to the first few. If not, that's OK too.

yes

>amos is still around for that long
fucking awesome

The last episode of season 1 aired in february this year.
So no.

Advise some more good syfy shows pls? Also, what was that hilarious show about evil bees and zombies called?

Well, it is based on a series of books. Incomplete series, mind you.

iZombie?

That's more the ultimate in comfy-show than a sci-fi one.

>>four more seasons until it goes full Stargate
though ot won't. none of the characters have any charm. Maybe the cop. And the agent woman... but then they killed her.

Everything on Earth is shit, everything with Thomas Janes is shit, the rest is decent.

No, one that begins in a sci-fi arctic lab and ends up in a garden with bees and zombies.

Dark Matter is pretty good.

I thought I'd dislike the cop based his hairstyle alone, but that was some good acting. Probably the only main cast character whom wasn't just an archetype.

Dark Matter

Helix.

It got cancelled though. No more Kyra Zagorsky bouncing around :(

If you like it you might like The Strain.

Dark Matter and Killjoys aren't bad either.

Speaking of zombie shows, I was seriously disappointed The Walking Dead got so much attention no one noticed the superior Z Nation. Embracing the cheese and humor works much better than contrived drama in my opinion.

>Dark Matter
>good

Eh, it's solid. Only because SF shows are so rare.

>make high budget high quality sci-fi television show on a shitty network
>do nothing to promote it
>making it completely unavailable to view through the services that people consume media ie. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.

What the fuck was even the point? There's no way this show lasts past season 2 and it's a shame.

That Belter accent is utterly ridiculous.

Bobby's supposed to be even taller and much more muscular than Brienne of Tarth.

I'm not convinced that woman exists, period.

She's supposed to be six inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than this woman.

it's on netflix

Could be better but it is alright. There is potential if they just tone down the politics and focus more on the Detective, the crew and that alien shit.

>Everything on Earth is shit
Yeah

> the rest is decent.
No

>everything with Thomas Janes is shit
Fuck youuuuu

Yeah, gave up on TWD and FTWD - they both depend on events to keep going. In between vaguely exciting bits which exist to create talking points they just chug along at the speed of bland. Barring iZombie and its excellent pacing/story/cast most of the CW capeshit shows follow that formula too.

Tried watching a few episodes of Z-nation but I couldn't get past the low budget look - same with Dark Matter too. What makes that weird is I was enthralled by the equally low-budget Blakes-7 when I first saw it as a kid.

God I love it so much though. Happy that they put so much effort into worldbuilding.

You enjoy terrible fedora cop?

In which third world country?

yep. better than le spic hero and nigress heroine.
On the otherhand, their storyline was better than the cop's.

>I base my liking of a character on his race
Have fun not having as much fun as I do

Just started rewatching season 1, it's got a lot of typical syfy issues, like how they can only usually afford 2-3 good actors, mostly in the recurring roles (Jared Harris blows everyone out) but the production design is well done and it's a cut above their typical cheesiness.

>tfw no belter gf
;_;

Every single country except US and NZ.

Netflix bought the international rights.

The detective was the best part of the show. Great acting and all around enjoyable character.

even aside from race he was pretty bland. i didn't even realised that he is the protagonist until everybody died around him

The Game of Thrones era of book series adaptation shows is the biggest double edge sword I've seen in a long while:

>Pro: The world building is GOAT. Everything about the politics, the culture, the rules, the people, etc. etc. is super well thought out and there's tons of details throughout the books you can pull from

>Con: IT TAKES FUCKING FOREVER FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEN because everything is just a set up for the next 8 books

If your story has a beginning a middle and an end and you can't tell it in 4-5 seasons you need to start cutting or compressing.

>She's supposed to be six inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than this woman.

>trying to hate the Punisher based off a haircut.
Why does an undercut trigger people so badly? Seriously, 'people' on Sup Forums lose their shit over it every time it rears its ugly mop-head. It was the first thing that came up in threads about Sombra over in Sup Forums.

Not accusing you in particular, senpai. Just a trend Ive noticed. Go fuck yourself for trying to hate best Punisher though.

The haircut pisses me off too

It's just a coincidence that Miller is so fucking based that he overwhelms it's power

Oh no the stargate thing meant something else
that alien infection is tryin to create a GIANTE stargate using an entire space station and Jupiter as fuel and material

the only thing dark matter has going for it is QTs otherwise writings a shit

>syfy channel is considered not shit now, or at least a lot less shit than they once were
am I in the twilight zone

They purged the dozens of reality shows

I believe there was a point just three years ago when Lost Girl, Continuum, Haven and Defiance were literally the ONLY scripted series on the entire network and the first two of those were Space Channel Canada joint productions

I went to verify this and godamn was I right, they took out the trash in a dump truck

Give me my goddamn season 2 already, Sci Fi.

will we see her again?

And Dominion, but everyone forgets about that one.

youtube.com/watch?v=SpfCkkKP9eE

REMEMBER THE DONNAGER!!

MAKE MARS GREAT AGAIN!!

Just rewatched it recently and spotted this missed the first time.

Just started watching today, surprisingly bretty gud.As soon as Anderson was introduced I thought "by god his tone of voice sounds a lot like Lane Pierce from Mad Men and kind of looks like him t....OH SHIT THAT IS LANE PIERCE FROM MAD MEN!!!!!".Accent is kind of ridiculous though.Almost like a Saffer accent mixed with a London Jafaican-Patois roadman.

>first ever good show on syfy in memory
>cancelled
lol nope

There are so many books to cover and it's an ongoing series, is there any chance this show makes it to the end?Looking at Wikipedia, it's a 9 book series with novellas and prequels sandwiched in.They could double up on the book to season ratio but that might seem rushed.If it was more than 10 episodes a season it might work but I'd imagine the budget constrains it.I reckon this gets cancelled after the third or fourth season.

So pretty much like an accent would evolve when isolated and spoken by pretty much space truckers & miners. The way the Dutch/Boer accent became modern south African?

Not ridiculous as in "why would they have silly accents", just ridiculous in the way that it sounds.

Anyone familiar with the books know if we'll be going to Mars next season?It seems pretty obvious that we will eventually anyway.I guess they didn't want to introduce too much at once.

You should hear some Scoucers. Now that sounds fucking stupid.

Power armor lady was cast so I think that we are going to mars

>post yfw adam jensen replaces miller as holden's supervirus hallucinations