youtube.com/watch?v=wWQFIfgygts
chigai-allguide.com/意思と意志/
youtube.com/watch?v=gPPCeiC88yY
jisho.org/search/したこと
youtube.com/watch?v=uUBlP2gfD30
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

心地良さそう

Denmark Jamaica Turkey

How do you guys handle catch up days? Its getting difficult to sit through this. Any more breaks and i wont be able to catch up

REAL MEN STUDY EVERYDAY!

I feel sick to my stomach

i ended my two month streak to study for finals

Is this every day bro? Or catch-up?

I have this week as a short break so i've been doing 50 words a day to get through my mining backlog faster. I'll tone it down to 20 once i get busy again but i thought doing review forgotten cards would make them stick but its not helping at all. It's pretty miserable

this, if you're not hitting it every day whats the point

My main strategy involves not even knowing what a catch up day is.

This.

Just turn off your new cards for a while and stop skipping days.

がんばれ~!

Sounds like you need to read/listen more. Try re-reading the same text many times over a few days. Only add stuff from things you actively study, not random unlearned stuff from passive consumption

Also this

>random unlearned stuff from passive consumption
どういう意味?
What do you mean with that?

I just mean things (sentences, words) that you haven't sat down and studied. Anki's best if used for revision, not for studying new things.

>that you haven't sat down and studied
What does that involve? For example, is that external to looking up words while reading a volume of manga?

I have surprisingly few of these question mark reaction images. Had to work on expanding that.

>is that external to looking up words while reading a volume of manga?
That's a start. But you can use more active methods like scriptorium or simple re-reading to try and force the word into your memory.
That way when you later see the word in Anki you're reminded of a word that you already know rather than one that you only vaguely remember

>That way when you later see the word in Anki you're reminded of a word that you already know rather than one that you only vaguely remember
The best part of Anki for me is that I don't have to care about that because it shows me the word again just prior to forgetting, so it can be vague, familiar, and all things in-between. As long as reviews are done with they are presented, the program does everything else.
I let it do the hard work for me while I focus on reading things I want to read.

Yeah, i feel like deleting this backlog of cards but that also feels like a waste. I'm compromising by not adding anything until i'm through with all of them. Though a lot of these feel so useless like 率いる 統一 貢献

She's asking if there are different dialects of English in America.
Sorry the mods are autismo, I tried to answer before the 404.

I've only completed 2 books so far and I've already encountered all 3 of those. Granted it was mostly in a relevant context, but even if you only read about cute girls doing cute things, you never know what might come up in a metaphor.

Aimed at

>but even if you only read about cute girls doing cute things, you never know what might come up in a metaphor.
Someone who has "only completed 2 books so far" is in no position to make such sweeping generalisations.
I get rather sick and fucking tired of people who have no experience dumping "moe" content into one big stupid overly simplistic characteristic.

Just don't fucking comment on shit you don't know, yeah?

What, did you somehow take "cute girls doing cute things" as some kind of slur? I'm not even necessarily generalising anything, it's just a hypothetical "even if". I like "moe" just as much as the next guy.

Those are not useless words at all

ご注文は

マンガ肉山盛りお願いします

give it up boys
you will never be fluent in japanese.. period
stop trying to impress your 2D waifu. It will never love you.

いいの、いいの
あたしは楽しいからいいの

>you will never be fluent in japanese..
ノウタリンですから、そうかもね

勉強
強勉

こんにちは、DJT…(´・ω・`)

おじゃまします~(・∀・)

good luck to you all

なんか、すごいリア充の空気が集まってきた

Anyone can make it if they put the effort in. You're not born with willpower anymore than weight lifters somehow pop out of their mothers already jacked up and with massive muscles on their tiny little bodies. You develop willpower by forcing yourself to do something even when you don't feel like doing it. That's all it is.

Go read!

まぁいいじゃん

Since your little willpower boosts aren't targeting neets these days they've toned down considerably in word count
spam避難中?

この娘ですか?
youtube.com/watch?v=wWQFIfgygts

それは私

DJT始まって以来の日本語量

一生懸命やれば誰も出来るんだ。意志と恵まれて生まれてきたわけもなく、ウェートリフターが鍛えた筋肉で備えたままで生まれてきたわけもない。意志とはやりたくなくてもやらないと発展しないものだ。それだけさ。

これを削除しろ!!

Whats with the hou in pic related? I know it is used for comparisons. However I do not understand what its doing in this context.

I'll sit down and just bear with this then

It's a comparison of the two female coats. "That one without the pockets [as opposed to the one with them]."

I see. Learned comparisons with yori and hou. Didn't know the yori part can be omitted. (Probably skipped over this) Arigatou canadakun.

*才能に恵まれて生まれてきたわけもなく、ウェートリフターが生まれながらに鍛えた筋肉を持っているわけでもない。才能とは、やりたくなくてもやらないと上達しないものだ。それだけさ。
i want to tell you the difference between 意志 and 意思
chigai-allguide.com/意思と意志/
「意志に恵まれる」という表現は少し変。
確かに英語では
we were not born with the strong will to learn foreign languages
と言い得る。
これを訳すと、
「我々は、外国語を学ぶ強い意志を持って生まれてきたのではない」
となる。
「恵まれる」という表現を活かすなら、上記となる。

のどちんこ
l-lewd

>これを削除しろ!!
but that is truth
>Whats with the hou in pic related
lol
the context means that the long coat without the pocket is a belonging of A
youtube.com/watch?v=gPPCeiC88yY

出来な

It was amusing to reach this page of the mango the other day already knowing this picture.

Funny you mention that, it's the other way around for me. I watched Yama no Susume before ever lurking this general and I find posts like rather uncanny.

How would I say become a Japanese citizen by marriage?
結婚で日本国民になる
結婚して日本の国籍を獲得する
Is this close?

Best offline dictionary/offline jisho?
Good parsers?

Bump

Hello,
Can someone please tell me the difference between
見苦しい and 醜い and in what context they're most commonly used? pretty please

isn't Core2k/6k supposed to have audio?
it doesn't play anything

Anyone here ever practiced writing in such a way that Google translate shits itself? How did you do it?

If you're using windows, check Documents/Anki/[Profile Name]/collection.media to see if they audio files are there to begin with.

If you're using Linux, you'll have to install mplayer.

What do you mean? When it goes beyond basic grammar that Google can be used for proofreading?
When I have to proofread such stuff, I usually try to replace a few words here and there in order to make the structure simpler, and if Google seems to recognize it, I get a bit more confident in my complex constructions.

Nothing too fancy, though, I'm still intermediate.

Basically the same, but the first one is kina like "unsightly", more emphasis on how it causes discomfort at the viewer from its ugliness.
Second one is a more basic "ugly", as in not beautiful.

I mean intentionally writing a sentence in a way that an onlooker wouldn't get an especially bad translation out of GT.

Wait, this is the opposite of what you said before, but if that's the case, you can just simplify your grammar.
Always use -te form to separate clauses, don't drop particles, pay attention to correct kanji/kana usage (as in don't write things in obscure ways)... I don't know, just avoid fancy stuff and you should be fine. Thing is if one word is interpreted wrong, the whole sentence can go to shit.

how about the android app
the deck i have on my computer has audio but on my cellphone it doesn't

is there any way to transfer the audios to my cellphone and not lose my progress?

Fuck, sorry, I typo'd

I meant >would get a especially bad translation
End my life

I'm sorry, I never used the Android app, so I have no idea. Good luck getting that sorted.

結婚して日本人になる is right.

そもそも鮭と海苔をおかずに飯を食ったことがあるのか。
寿司は普段食う物をおいしくまとめただけだ。
別に加工品を求めてるわけじゃない。
寿司職人という専門家が何年も修行して作るものなのに、
素人が簡単にできるわけないだろ。

とマジレスしてみる。

寿司は最低だぜええええええ

I'm guessing したこと is a shortened としたことが?
This shorthands are fucking killing me, how do you learn all these fucking things, you literally have to guess what's what.

Use a digital dictionary that keeps track of things like that.

So do you guys just bullshit past the stuff you can't find online or what do you do?

here
Suddenly my mind is working fine now

jisho.org/search/したこと

Did you even read those results? They're just a list of nouns with nothing to do with したこと

Fuck it, translate it yourself, maybe I'm fucking stupid and missing something obvious.

I've been using Anki for about 2.5 weeks now doing 30 new words a day takes me about 3 hours on average to complete, that plus reviews.

>tfw been using anki for a month

した in this case is an inflection of する, as Jisho can tell you (you need to click the first word). I shouldn't have expected you to know that, as it can be a little obtuse, sorry.

こと is thing, as the dictionary would also tell you.

So したこと would be akin to 'do thing [encounter]'.

I would tentatively translate that to "I didn't encounter anything that troubled me"

You should always start by posting the context. That has nothing to do with the としたことが expression.
したこと = done thing
の = subject marker for a relative clause, equivalent to が

"Me, who was unsure how to respond in this situation I had never encountered before."

Why do you subject yourself to that much torment user? I can't stay sane after 60 minutes

This translation is probably miles and bounds better, my grammar is shit.

Makes sense, ありがとう

because somebody said I would drop doing 30 new kanji a day in a week so I wanted to prove them wrong by dropping it after 2 weeks.

faggot

ハローエブリニャンノシ
皆元気?
字幕なしで好きなアニメ観ることができるようになったん?

ok

>字幕なし
I wish, I can barely get by on kanji subs for something simple like hidamari sketch
maybe in a few more years

youtube.com/watch?v=uUBlP2gfD30

Interesting video of basic physics taught in Japanese. Use of early Anki words.

Kinda neat to see how math is done in Japanese.

I started learning japanese 3 days ago. I have 3 months in front of me with nothing else to do.
What kind of goal can be set with 3 months of light-intensive learning (5h/day)? I'm really motivated for once, for some reason, so I think me getting bored is possible, but quite unlikely for once.
Thank you for your kind support, Sup Forumsanons

なに勝手に腰ふってんのよ

I cannot figure out how to translate this.

Two girls are sitting on a bench and one doesn't want to sit down and wants to keep moving. The other says this to the girl who wants to move.

I'm assuming なに is just simply 何 so 'what'.

勝手に from what I can find can be translated a billion different ways.

Voluntarily, Arbitrarily, 'on your own', 'selfishly', 'your own way', 'as you please'

腰 can mean waist, back, hips, resilience as こし or posture, position, or attitude ごし

So I'm pretty sure it's the latter. But what throws me for a loop is ふってん

I'm assuming its 沸点 which is to reach a boiling point.

I have no idea how these words should go together especially since I don't know how to apply the なに or the ふってん

>tfw no cute japanese wife to work myself to death for

トゥルパを作る

Three months? If you do actually apply yourself and keep the 5 hour per day mark you should be able to read some of the simpler works without that much trouble.

You will also be able to speak tourist-level Japanese and even handle some regular conversation.

What learning methods you use are key, though. Depending on what you want, you should try something different. The results I described are with a fairly generic no handwriting approach to the language.

Can you stop shitting up the /jp/ thread? If you don't like the place just close the tab and pretend it doesn't exist, don't make it worse.

Of course, I don't intend to stop learning at three months, it's just the amount of time I will be able to keep up the 5h/day.

The results you describe are most interesting.
I'm also not a complete fuck-up, I'm very interested in linguistics(it's my job), so I find learning new languages kind of fun.

I use a PDF version of Genki and a phone app to learn kanji when I'm out. I already have a firm grasp on kana, and I started learning radicals and tourist-tier sentences and idioms.

Anyway, thank you for your answer, my Brazilian friend.

I'll be honest, this version of the thread was kind of crappy before /bant/ happened, but now that half the shitflingers are gone I don't understand why he doesn't just stay here. His posts in the /jp/ thread are fucking annoying and revive old arguments.