Derealization/depersonalization thread pls help me I'm suffering

derealization/depersonalization thread pls help me I'm suffering

Let me check real quick. Yep, you're still a real faggot sucking real syphilitic cocks in a real world. Glad to be of help.

You need drugs of some sort

Weedm shrooms, maybe lsd.

Psychedelics give me the bad depersonalization that make people look like disgusting meat bags.
But dissociatives give me the good depersonalization that makes everything feel like a video game.

Noooo
That will make it 10x worse
Benzos and antiphycotics might help with the bad feelings but they don't make it go away, it either goes away on it own or doesn't at all.

But dissociatives give me the good depersonalization

What does this mean, what's a dissociative? I understand what dissociation means, just not the active term you've used

Ketamine or dxm
It's a kind of hallucinogenic drug, I've only felt depersonalization/derealization from taking hallucinogens.

take ayahuasca

pls serious answers I'm fucking suffering

Look dude all I'm saying is its important to explore whatever this is. Go out in nature, find somewhere nice, you can come out of this strong or defeated. Stare into this thing.

OP if you remember me in your last thread i was the kid who dosed every weekend for about a year. stay away from drugs for now. time heals all buddy, time and sobriety is key atm. seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist would also help

Walk to the light and heed the voices. They know what to do and can never lead you astray.

Sobriety is a nasty cult. Your problems weren't caused by drugs, they existed before. Staying away from drugs won't help and might make things worse in some ways.

>801649▶
>OP if you remember me in your last threa

I saw a psychiatrist Feb 1st, told him that story I told you, the whole thing. He said if I feel like it, totally up to me, I can try this anti-psychotic called risperdal. I was actually close to taking it until I searched the effects it had on people, the more and more I read the more and more I didn't want to. Recently I found out a friend of mine took it for something else and it caused them to go batshit crazy and they tried to kill themselves. I'm so scared and alone, I know like 2 other ppl who have what I do and I don't know how I can get rid of this, everything feels pretty real again but now I just have more anxiety and I still feel like a different person then who I was. I feel like the dr feeling is gone but the dp is still there.

Excercise. High intensity is preferable but endurance will work just as well if you have the time and don't mind more aerobic activity. The goal is to place yourself in a position where you have to be in the moment in order to succeed. Your mind is not separable from your body. Disassociation is fairly common and can be fixed with hard work in the vast majority of cases. Don't start medication unless you fear for your life. Even then, it should be very temporary. Taken too long, they have the chance to make what you're feeling even worse, because they relieve you from having to constantly develop your coping mechanisms and cognitive faculties in general. You need to keep those vague skill sets strong and they will disappear with prolonged reliance upon medication. Take care of yourself. Sleep, diet, physical activity and mental training in order of importance. Trust me user, seeking help may suggest some kind of permanence or absence of necessary faculties but I am living proof that simply isn't true. If I can get to where I am from that immense void, I am certain that you can. I wasn't even smart enough to recognize how alienated I was, and accepted dissolutionment as readily as oxygen. The hardest part is sticking with it long enough for it to be habitual. Good luck. You deserve to associate with your life.

iff you know anything about DP/DR and what hes sufffering through atm, youd know youre a an idiot. do not take drugs at this time. i stopped all psychedelics but continued to smoke weed and i was in this shitty limbo for over a year

All I'm saying is you were fucked to start off with. Don't blame drugs, drugs are good. You might need a break but don't be telling people drugs are bad, cause that ain't true.

Watch ASMR videos
Have conversations with people
Look at your own facial expressions in the mirror while smiling

All things that will change your mood/mind away from depersonalisation

Would make it worse.

Also plain old exercise for long term treatment/cure

Depression in combination with high blood pressure gave me fairly bad depersonalisation and regular old gym and good sleep/diet got me out of both

You're so right about asmr, it's basically the only way I've been able to fall asleep these past few months.

Will vaping nicotine worsen it? Should I go cold turkey or what

Man i doubt dmt would be bad. Its what nakes you dream.

SMOKE

Drugs aren't good
Drugs are bad
They are tools
You can build a house with a hammer or you can smash yourself in the face
Theres a good chance op just makes himself worse off and delay healing by taking psychedelics

Nicotine would worsen it over time and probably short term too, yeah

Haven't tried it specifically but all psychadelics affect serotonin and the stress hormone I forget the name of, increasing depersonalisation over time
Even large amounts of weed was enough to trigger me at times

*arent bad

i wish i had a solution for the after effects.:/ i know exactly how you feel dawg, its like youre not even yourself anymore right? i cant hold a conversation to hold my life anymore and i isolate myself like a mf>_> it will get better tho homie. ive been gradually improving over the last year. dont think this the end you are not going crazy. just under a little stress and your brain went into fight or flight mode. the human brain is amazing and it can repair itself from this, just no negativity, you just gotta keep looking up Sup Forumsrother

Honest truth is so long as you think this shit is a "mental illness/disorder". It will fuck with you, what you are experiencing is a normal part of the human experience. The medical establishment still get it so wrongm i mean 200 years qgo people still thought blood letting was good..

didnt say i think theyre bad. Hunter S. Thompson is my hero. only said its important for him to lay off of them for the time being

This is the shit that drove me to self harm, sometimes i cant tell whats real and what isnt and i cant feel anything so i cut myself to reassure myself that im there, im real and alive. It sucks man

Fair enough

>the human brain is amazing and it can repair itself from this
You're right in concept but repair is the wrong word
It's simple hormone balance, which your nervous system (both brain and body) are constantly affected by

In short, treat yourself from depression (1 hour daily sunshine, 4 hours weekly exercise, good sleep, good diet, etc) and you simultaneously balance your hormones and avoid depersonalisation naturally

The problem is that I feel the most depersonalized when I'm talking to other people. It feels like I'm getting sucked back into my own head, and I start blinking a lot. People think that I'm spacey or that I don't care about what they are saying, but everytime someone starts talking to me my mind curls up in a ball.

How about when your talking online... Like now?

Well, after some time of using psychedelics I have received this feature.
When I go on the streets os somewhere else and look on the floor patterns / wall patterns or some kind of repetetive backgrounds everything starts to twitch a bit or to shift, I don't know how to describe this.
I wouldn't say it is something bad, I rather enjoy it.

i think youre referring to a flashback, which are rather fun lol

I've dealt with it as a result of depression, separately as a result of low blood sugar and finally as a result of high blood pressure, I know how much it sucks

Right, but regular social interaction is basically required to have a healthy human mind and body, we're built that way

Work on exercise and other things first but developing regular social interaction when you're able is also important

The shapes start dancing, like their alive?

It's wierd, but I feel more "me" when I'm writing stuff online. I feel kinda alienated from society and other people in real life, like I'm out of place or somehow less 'real' than other people. I guess I'm distancing myself from my reality so that I don't have to be accountable for it, or my shortcomings.

Maybe you guess wrong. To me at least it sounds as if you've just had problems with expressing yourself or really being yourself in front of others.

Heavy doses of Ativan were how they treated me. I was completely normal until I was promoted at work into Assistant to the President position, had to train person taking my old job, was starting grad school and had pregnant wife. One day at work I was drinking tea and just lost my shit, full-fledged panic attacks like I hadn't had since I was 14 or so. Once I calmed down I was stuck in the perpetual depersonalization-derealization state (which to those of you who don't get it, you know is a condition--i.e. you know you're real and exist and all that). Eventually I was hospitalized and Ativan was the takeaway. I now also take Lithium and Seroquel, but the Ativan is the only thing that's effective at the D-D shit.

Mental health, fuck it. One day you're golden and everything in life is great, then the next your mental state turns to absolute horseshit. Hang in there, OP, it will get better.

It happens pretty often. I don't think flashbacks are like this.
Not really dancing. More like you can't focus on these things and they transform and move a bit. Similar to acid actually when I think about it, but less intense.

I exercise a ton, play pickup basketball four times a week, and interact with people everyday. I just have this overwelming feeling that I don't matter, or that I'm less real than the people around me. When I start talking to somebody, it feels like I'm drunk or dreaming or something. Because of it, I have trouble forming relationships with people and making friends.

how old are you OP?
if you are within the ages 10 - 25 you're just being an edgy teen and still going through the 'i think mental illness is cool' phase