How does THC leave the brain when it does, that makes your 'high' go away in a few hours

How does THC leave the brain when it does, that makes your 'high' go away in a few hours.

What's carrying it out, why doesn't it go back, is it inevitable to be carried out?

Could something break so that it just stays there?

Long story short: How does the brain break down and get rid of THC so fast so that your high ends? Why does this happen?

I tried /sci/ but they failed me by not answering.

Yes I realize its probably a brainlet question but I tried looking it up and all it ever talks about is how it eventually leaves your system it never talks about why it leaves the brain faster and never comes back and ends your high at such a short duration.

Why don't you keep getting slightly high as the body releases it from your fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/
sapiensoup.com/human-metabolism-thc
goo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> wat

It's legit science question, but /sci/ just didn't have any answers. My question wasn't interesting enough I guess. But it's super interesting to me. How does it leave the brain and stop making you high, why, and why, why does it leave the brain faster than other parts of the body.

The short answer is this: No you cannot staycation permanently high. This is because THC is a chemical and your body is built to naturally filters out chemicals that dont belong there (like THC). THC only stays in your system for so long until it is filtered out and ultimately disposed of through your urine.

From what I can get out of your horrendous post. The THC gets in to your blood. The kidneys filter out said blood over time getting rid of the drug and having you piss it away. Also no, you can't stay high off any THC in your fat because again, it's gotta be in your blood which is filtered out 24/7.

I'm grateful you guys answerd cause /sci/ didn't. Cause my question is brainlet probably.

But part of my question if you guys know is how. How does the blood get rid of the thc, like how does it know to pick it up and get rid of it. Why doesn't the thc stick to the walls or something, how does the blood be so precise.

I know I come off as stupid and I probably am and and weird as this may sound I actually really want to understand this.

It's the Kidneys user, the Kidneys filter out our blood naturally over time. The THC can't really "stick" to the walls because of the pressure in our veins and it's not as "sticky" as say fat or cholesterol. Hope it helps ya. I'm not the most educated person on this idea either.

Thanks. So it can't possibly stay connected to a receptor no matter what, it's physically impossible for the blood not to flush it out of the brain and force it to the kidneys where it simpley 'cannot pass.' except through urine.

I still wonder why it stays in the brain such a short time compared to everywhere else though. Some stuff stays in your brain a long time.

And this stuff just doesn't. Why, why does the blood flush it out so fast yet it stores in fat or stays around in other body parts?

Anyway I'm just asking on and on I don't expect any more answers, I'm happy you guys answered.

I'm a brainlet and if you feel like being nice to me futher and actually trying to answer some of those questions I'd be happy to hear but if not I understand I've wasted a lot of your time and just give thanks for your time and kindness that you've already shown and have a great night!

It doesn't go back because two main processes remove THC from the bloodstream:
>Kidneys filter THC absorbed in blood
>Filtered THC gets pissed out
>Fat cells absorb THC (it's fat soluble) and store it
>THC returns to the blood when fat cell is burned for energy
>Start again at top

Conceivably, one can test positive for THC months after consuming it, though one would need to have gained a lot of weight while smoking a lot of pot, and then burn it off right before the test.

>I still wonder why it stays in the brain such a short time compared to everywhere else though. Some stuff stays in your brain a long time.

THC doesn't permanently bind to receptors like LSD does. It get's "washed" out by the blood and CSF. As the concentrations in those fluid drops, the THC is more quickly washed out.

Some drugs like LSD permanently bind to their receptors (different ones) and therefore the neuron must recycle the whole receptor and build a new one. These drugs' effects last much longer.

Wow, these are amazing answers. I feel like I'm starting to understand it. Thanks so much.

So, like, you said LSD will bind a long time. Yet the LSD high still ends. So are you saying it's literally impossible to stay high no matter what, like the recepters get replaced and with them the LSD?

Where's thc is like, a different kind of object (molecule) so it just can't help but wash out in blood etc?

Fucking cracked up at your comment hahaha

Bro how fucking high are you ahahaha your questions got me dying here

Hey dipshit, ask google. That’s what it was invented for.

I'm moderately high

I did ask google, but it doesn't help me understand like real people can. I tried reading lengthy articles and couldn't find a section on the specific thing I wanted to know.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/

ok user, be careful but I have heard stories of permanent highs from DMT, however the chance of you getting real DMT is probably impossible and even then it's rare cases.

YouTube has short videos full of information on pretty much everything, especially anything “drug” related.

here this one is written for laypeople

sapiensoup.com/human-metabolism-thc

There’s no such thing as “Permatrip”. Not from anything. Just horror stories started by the uninformed and inexperienced.

Dont eat anything go on a distilled water fast. Your tits will start to hurt. And your sweat will smell sweat like a girls.

Like most sympathetic responses your chemistry will prefer higher reactive hormone modifiers and will recycle synthetic or low reactive bonds.

Think about how you cannot take melatonin with the lights on and still expect to get sleepy. However the lights in this case is cholesterol and salts. Cholesterol being the start of the chemical pathway that builds hormones, cortisol, and eventually urea biles. The salts being catalyst and supporting protein enzymes that exchange out hormone modifiers.

Thanks you guys. Sup Forums, you were sane today. I'm gonna chill now. Your answers were really good. Thanks again.

You could also hack your liver by eating a grapefruit.

Are you dumb or just 10 yrs old? THC is metabolized by the body and broken down into waste products before being excreted in urine.

>Cause my question is brainlet probably
Because you can just get answers to your question by googling it and reading a little.

Well some people smoke for health, some just to get high.... cannibinoids are a thing. Some people eat hemp leaves for antioxidants, turpens, carotenoids. You should try it. It makes your pecker harder.

No other board answered because your question is fucking retarded, stop giving potheads a bad rep if this isn't satire. Smoking weed doesn't make you brain dead like op kids, that must have been something else

No, the new receptor is LSD free. The cell breaks down the old receptor and the LSD molecule and sends the metabolites to the bloodstream for disposal.
They're both molecules, it's just that the THC characteristic binding time is measured in hours, whereas the LSD binding time is effectively forever... it just likes the receptor SO MUCH that the receptor is far more likely to be removed from service than will the intersynaptic fluid wash it away.
The math is a derived from statistics and involves factors like relative concentrations of any molecules that bind to the receptor, relative affinity of the receptor for the binding molecule vs something else, and vice versa, and a few other things like temperature etc.
So, one way or another, the neuron restores itself to the condition it had before you took the drug, but it may take a while. But, naturally, the connections made or broken between neurons will remain (subject to future alteration by experience).

Yea like i want to view that fucking government cancer. Halfway into a consumer report and it becomes political about niblets and estrpgen dominant females (and lady bois)

No where in this topic has there been conversation about pot head aggressors.

Fuck out of here. Go signal elsewhere

Here is a like scientific research on vaping hops concentrate

goo gle.com/amp/s/amp.red dit.com/r/vaporents/comments/2zaabz/warning_for_anyone_who_vaporizes_hops/

ops post alone is an indictment against drugs considering it seems as though they've made his brains into fucking mashed potatoes

?hurr what is homeostasis hurr why can't I b high and tum be fool all da tyme?