ITT: logical political discussion

ITT: logical political discussion

armed guards in every school

control people not guns

support the peoples right to self defense and defense against tyrannical government

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ClbpAQz4tdE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we have a mental illness problem. not a gun problem

Great thread OP. Very refreshing.

I see your points and respect their validity, but may i offer the other belief, that putting more guns out may not be the best solution.

Close loopholes
Increase purchase age to 25
3 month psych eval before gun purchase is finalized

We have a nigger problem.

The rash of mass shootings lately have been false flags. Nearly all gun crime is committed by niggers

Optional armament for teachers. If teachers choose so, they can go through training and examination. Go through those digital simulations that are at gun ranges. (No idea what they're called.) Teachers that score high enough get to carry. Teachers that prove innacurate or shoot a student even once during the simulation do not. Guns are not on teachers but are locked in safes with finger print scanners along with a lanyard that shows their ID and that they passed the course. (For those who say cops will mistake teachers for shooters. Anyone with a gun and no lanyard is a shooter. This is what I believe to be the best solution. Feel free to pick it apart/improve on it.

There is no logic in turning schools into prisons. This is delusion. That school in florida had an armed police officer, and it didn't make a difference.

Ok, control people by controlling which people can get guns and making sure they have to pass comprehensive background checks, mandatory safety training, and various tiers of licensing for different guns. Control people by making them have to register their guns and keep them stored unloaded and locked.

>Control people by making them have to register their guns and keep them stored unloaded and locked.

>niggers breaking in
>HOLD ON I GOTTA UNLOCK MY GUN AND LOAD IT HOLD ON GUYS

kek fuck no

When some drunk drives his car into a crowd, we don't blame the car; if some psycho burns down a house with innocent people inside, we don't blame matches and gasoline; yet if some nutbag shoots people for no understandable reason, we blame guns.

If we ban guns due to the actions of a couple insane fucktards, then a couple fucktards are running our country-- it's their actions that are forcing laws on millions of law abiding citizens.

Look at the Brits: they can't even buy a kitchen knife or carry an ordinary pocketknife.

Where does this shit end? Permits to buy a hammer or a shovel? You might as well ban rocks and tree limbs.

Cuck.

Then stop letting the mentally ill buy guns. 82% of mass shootings were carried out with legally purchased guns.

61% of mass shooters showed previous signs of mental illness. Yet, they could still buy guns legally.

Take a look at Canada. We have strict gun control and almost never have mass shootings. You can still have guns, and gun culture exists, so you gun fetishists can still jack off. However, there are strict regulations on licensing, sales, and so on.

Switzerland is the same. No, they don't have mandatory guns in every home. That is a myth. What they do have is comprehensive gun control, and no mass shootings.

Thread

>You can still have guns

Yeah, with 5 round magazine capacity max in rifles. Canada is cucked beyond belief.

See, in Canada he wouldn't have ever even been able to buy a gun with that history. Your lack of gun control laws are a major problem.

I believe we need every citizen armed.

We have a jew problem.

>Hurr luk atd me guise, muh virtue signelz

If you're not having mass shootings you get mass stabbings or some cunt running people down in a truck or with a homemade bomb.

Gun control mitigates the symptoms, not the cause faggot.

Fine then, if you take away guns I'll just use homemade explosives

Another Sup Forums wannabe thread. Politics is for Sup Forums

Tell me, user, what is Sup Forums for?

This is absolutely a fight fire with fire scenario. Of course we need basic background checks to make sure we aren't giving guns to violent criminals or people with a history of mental illness but we also need to encourage more people who don't fit those descriptions to carry. People will still slip through the cracks but if every other person in the building is packing, even the mentally ill might think twice about opening fire.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BAN ALL GUNS

>turning schools into prisons
>turning
You okay, mate?

Canada is the master race. You gibbering chimps need to catch up.

See, we use guns for hunting and target practice. You don't need a high capacity mag for that. In fact if you need more than 1-2 bullets to take down an animal, you're a shitty hunter.

What do you need more ammo capacity for? So you can take down more schoolchildren before you need to reload?

Our sane gun control laws are why we don't have mass shootings here.

It's not fair to compare different countries, unless everything besides their gun laws are similar, like mental illness, poverty, domestic violence, etc. there's a lot of factors that create a school shooter, not just guns

Truth

what if one of the armed guards decides to beat the high score though?

Hehe, what do they do when they need something cut?

You're America's kid brother; do not forget that.

>Logical discussion
>Political discussion
Literally pick one. The political outcome of this well be reps and dems both having pretty shit ideas and then arguing until they come up with a policy solution that is somewhere in the shitty middle.

Anything you want but id like if Sup Forums stayed mostly separate from Sup Forums. I mean an occasional political post is fine, but it just seems we have a gun control thread more and more often.

This is your cunt.

>I see your points and respect their validity, but may i offer the other belief, that putting more guns out may not be the best solution.

Is a psychopath who wants a high body count more likely or less likely to go to a school if they know people there might be shooting back?

I don't know much about Canada, but you guys might not have conditions that breed psycho teens in the first place. If I was a psycho teen, I wouldn't give a fuck about no guns because I'll either find a way to get one, or just steal a car and ram kids as they come out of school, or some other dumb thing that's effective.

Don't make me laugh. Vermont has permitless concealed carry and a murder rate of 1.1 homicides per 100,000 people which is 30% lower than Canada. Gun violence has to do with poverty and racial demographics more than it has to do with the availability of guns.

I think the texas school shooter had campus guard who decided to hide outside

Why not get the school an apc and attack dogs too?

Does your credit score have any impact on your ability to purchase a gun?

get another guard to kill him

if you buy it on credit ?

>implying
See question 11f

Because schools don't already feel like a prison.

Couldn't the ban on guns open up a new booming market for arms dealing?

what if non of the guards kill em

I think the same thing happened in columbine they sorta just wait till the bangs are over

full swat was outside the whole time just waiting til they finished inside

America's non-retarded kid brother.

Armed guards in schools cost money. Turns out the people who don't want gun control also don't want higher property taxes to support schools.

You mean make the current black market bigger.

See the Iron River

>non-retarded

suuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeee

Add an injectable toxin that will subdue him and kill him into his suit that he is unaware of, and constantly monitor him via body cam so if you see him shoot up a school then you can activate it

>banning all possible ways to defend yourself
>non-retarded

Is nigga real? How is their country still standing with him in charge?

Wouldn't know. Just spit balling lol

It's Canada. They're the largest irrelevant country in the world. They contribute literally nothing to global politics.

Americans have an attitude problem.
What you need is to go back in time and instill that guns are a privilege not a right.

Tell annoying blacks gays and SJWW that free speech is a privilege, too

shoot man might as well walk in in some bullet proof tank and just ram em to death with it

Glad to see it's still "we the people..."

God has blessed America. Don't fuck it up.

Statistically speaking, nobody lives in Canada. It is 98% empty space and the other 2% is just moose and geese.

Actually guns are a right

Recreational nukes!

When the cops shoot someone, no one blames the gun.

So...

This is correct. Canada has gun control laws to protect the government, not the people. It's obvious once you dig into it.

That's just counterintuitive with the fact that the reason people own weapons are because of other citizens that are fucked in the head.

watching Sup Forums argue politics is like watching this girl dance

I can kinda agree with this.

America just doesn't take mental health seriously/frowns upon it.

Mental illness/disorders aren't a bad thing, they're just a thing.

It's the stigma of being labeled "crazy", and "weird", that is going to keep people from getting the help they need.

Could you explain why you need more rounds per magazine for a lawful purpose?

Could you explain why he doesn't? More rounds is more efficient and, if it's for a lawful purpose, why is it such a big deal?

If not being able to carry a knife saves kids lives then whats the issue? I like in the UK and have never once in my 30 years of life felt the need to carry a weapon for protection. Maybe there is something seriously wrong with the US if you're all scared for your lives to the point you need to be armed?

Hunting varmints (coyote, hog) is usually done with 20 or 30rd mags. Hogs especially since they're in large packs. Due to destruction of farmland, killing hogs is huge in Texas and other states.

For defensive use a 15 round pistol mag or 30 round rifle mag is standard due to the threat of multiple attackers and the need to often put multiple rounds in bad guys (especially if they're drugged up) to get them to drop.

as a great comedian once said

"put down the guns you redneck cousin fuckers"

You ever hunt pigs? Or prairie dogs? Or two legged predators?

And for lawful purposes why should there be any limits? What if so he can just shoot more at the range?

It's gonna really suck when you get stuck in a terrorist attack. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

>control people not guns
>defense against tyrannical government

Controlling people is step 1 to a tyrannical government, retard.

Hahahahahahahahahahah, you've convinced me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, comedians are obviously the authority on morality. Hahahahahahahahaha, turning in my guns rn.

Why do you think they want to ban guns so much?

Bingo. The true solution:
BAN SCHOOLS
BAN INSTITUTIONS
BURN THEM ALL TO THE GROUND

But we already pretty much do.
You realize that right?
There are laws, doesn't mean you have to follow them.
I'm 90% sure OP means making sure peoples mental health is checked out before getting a firearm.

By law you're required to wear a seatbelt
By law you're not allowed to be drunk in public
By law you're not allowed to assault someone
By law...do I really need to continue?

We're already controlled as a means to try and keep our society civilized, you twit.

This is all true but it shouldn't even be on the fucking table. Different capacities suit different purposes but the government, no matter how loud and pissed and emotional the public gets after an attack, has no right to say 5 rounds is ok and 15 isn't. It should all be protected

>control people not guns

If we could control people we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place

We don't preemptively take away rights from people that can be considered high risk. And if we did who is defining these "high risk" individuals, it would be too easy to abuse that power over people

"Banning guns" isn't the solution of the masses it's just what a vocal minority call for.
They want to ban guns to make it harder to commit mass murder

>inb4 muh black market guns

It's possible to buy guns illegally in other countries, but since there's no legal market the rates of violent firearms crimes is much lower.

No.
Fewer guns.

>They want to ban guns to make it harder to commit mass murder
They want to ban guns that can be used in an insurrection and are't used in the majority of crime. Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly, they just get more media coverage.
If they really cared about saving lives they'd go after handguns, which they can't because they aren't "scawwy assault weapons"

we have Sup Forums for this newfag

>Mass shootings are a statistical anomaly,
no they aren't

>Taking away guns won't work
It has in literally every country that's done it though
>It's a people problem, not a guns problem
yes, I want it to be harder for PEOPLE to get guns, I don't blame the guns
I'd actually like to hear a rational argument to either of these points

As a gunowner I have the right to interject my opinion anywhere anytime.

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of all gun homicides, they are irrelevant. More people drown to death each year in America. Gonna ban private pool ownership?

I craked the code
youtu.be/ClbpAQz4tdE
The gradual removal of guns and the normalizing of gun violence and placement to use as an argument against our freedoms

the solution isn't more guns but reform how we buy and sell guns.... just like how in order to drive a car you must reach an age, so should buying guns, just like how you must register your car so should your gun, just like how we have different licenses for cars boats and motorcycles so should guns. background checks are pretty worthless in todays society so make it a law that you must take a test and pass courses in order to own a gun

there have been 12 mass shootings already this year
is that not enough for you?

Keep going op

>mass shootings
>they are irrelevant
Hai Hitler

Define mass shooting. Most of those stats come from anti gun groups that count every drive by in the ghetto against rival gangs as a "mass shooting" to pad their numbers.

And obesity and heart disease kill 598,000 America each year according to the CDC. When are we going to stop the madness and ban fast food?!?!?!?!

suddenly I miss log threads

where are you Andy Sixx

Yes.
>>right to have arms.
>>legally build Nuke.
>>Lol
>>I agree fully

I'm not American, so I don't know the answer to this: You guys seem to really love guns. But do you REALLY love guns?

You know what I'm talking about.

*pro-tip: I'm asking if you fuck guns*

>Define mass shooting.
You already know what it means. Don't be obtuse.

yes, moron's who eat themselves to death are the same as mentally unstable people murdering children
I know you're trolling but it scares me that there's people that actually believe this