What is your favorite album, Sup Forums? pic related is mine. I've never heard anything quite like it

what is your favorite album, Sup Forums? pic related is mine. I've never heard anything quite like it.
post your favorite album of all time and others rec/r8/h8

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/fpgYyM
youtube.com/watch?v=lFEErCMG4Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_pq-QIgZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

discord.gg/fpgYyM
Alternatively come to this discord

Not really the most sophisticated or out-of-left-field choice but I can't help but return to it super often. It just gets everything right and I really can't enjoy any other albums. It might be nostalgia, it could be an emotional connection but I just really love it.
Nice choice. I wouldn't say it's my favourite Residents album, but it's an extremely interesting record.

My favorite Residents album. Excellent choice, my man.
I've never really understood hip hop, but this album is pretty alright.

My fave Residents album. Not Available is great though. The story behind it is very neat too.

Pic related is my favorite
One of the most emotionally powerful and sonically unique records I've ever heard. It's a swirling morass of color and sound that takes psychedelia to its logical extreme without ever sounding overbearing or "difficult". I love this album in every way
All great choices
Love all these albums - Not Available and The Pod come pretty close to personal 10/10s for me

Haven't listened to this. I'll check it out.
Love those albums, altho Chocolate and Cheese is probably my favorite Ween album. Either that or Quebec.
Also if you haven't, check out God in Three Persons. It's another incredible storytelling album with complex and fucked up themes.

this is probably my all time favorite

Yrself is amazing, I always preferred Boces though

i'll be sure to check these out. thanks, anons

I dont have a favorite but these are all some of my favorites. I'd be here all day listing them all but here's a few artists not mentioned

>Were only in it for the money - Mothers of Invention
>Pre-Bird - Charles Mingus
>Eric Dolphy in Europe Vol. 2
>Bitches Brew
>Toys in the Attic
>Walk Among Us
>The Dark Side of the Moon
>Station to Station

My favourite album is Modern Jester by Aaron Dilloway. I can't describe why, it's just amazing in my opinion.

This is my favorite album. The songwriting, the production, the lyricism and everything else just destroys me. I notice something new every time I listen to it and it never loses any of its impact.

Could you explain the appeal of this to me? I did not dislike it, but it just sounds like pretty good keyboard pieces (at least most of the moments I remember featured keyboards) with some strange vocals and sounds to me.

Yeah, that's right. The greatest album of all time. Get outta my face, MBDTF drones

Not even DOOM's best/10

Any one have the Pepe of this?

only residents album i've heard is eskimo, where do i go next?
it's a really solid album, but there's just a couple of tracks that just really put me off, shit like rainbows are just so skippable
i could never get into NIN, that album especially i just found a bit cringey with the super edgy lyrics
haven't tried it in a while though
Not even Kanye's best/10

Except it is. 12/10 album. Closest is 808s & Heartbreak. MBDTF is bottom 3

imo TCD > LR

depends. if you want more avant-garde weird conceptual stuff, check out Not Available, Duck Stab, and Meet The Residents
if you want parodic and experimental, check out Third Reich n Roll and Commercial Album
For patrician storytelling albums, check out God in Three Persons, Freak Show, and Gingerbread Man(really just a bunch of explorations of characters)
that's pretty much all the really good Residents albums.
oh also the Mark of the Mole trilogy combines a lot of their previous efforts with storytelling and experimentation. The Big Bubble is particularly a weird and fun listen.Scaruffi says about it
>Not only is it one of the greatest works of the Residents, but will remain as one of the greatest early and post-industrial sounding works of the sound
(roughly translated)
There are charts on the wiki that can help with album progression recommendations as well.

Can someone rec more glitch like Tekka, Fruitcake and Cookies, and Pro :Lov :Ad? Every time I listen to other glitch music, it's so spacey and minimal.

What the fuck lol
You can always tell who the "real" hip hops fans are because they rate Kanye's catalogue completely backwards. Kanye is a one of a kind artist because he pushes popular hip hop into exciting, experimental territory, not because he made a few solid and safe beats in his early days. TCD is a snoozefest, maybe the first "dad" hip hop album. Just go listen to Nas for the rest of your life.

check out Clarence Clarity's No Now
also total shot in the dark but check out Zack Hill's Astrological Straits
and you might like Yukari- Just Friends
none of these are really glitchy (except CC-No Now)- but I figure you might enjoy them

There exists albums with similar approaches to atmosphere and songwriting but absolutely no album has made me feel the way this one has. The horns during taphead are absolutely transcendent.

If you've only heard Puberty 2 you're missing out.

Great taste

I can never into this album for some reason. There's nothing wrong with it; it sounds pleasant and it basically created post rock, but I can't for the life of me remember a single track despite the number of times I've listened to it. I wish I could see in it what other people did.

I see this getting posted a lot might as well listen to it.

Best modern prog rock band i absolutely love them. There is not a single bad song on this entire album

youtube.com/watch?v=lFEErCMG4Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq_pq-QIgZc

I find appeal mainly in the abrasiveness and humor. They're taking the piss out of all the pop acts of the time in such a creative and experimental way. Also Infant Tango is the fucking jam.

Nice picks so far

bump.

>listening to (c)rap
HA

>frog posting

Lmao

>tripfagging
yikes

Came here to post this. Nothing comes close to how The Pod sounds

At least my taste in music is instantly superior to yours because you enjoy listening to niggers talk about their dicks. Name one single, A SINGLE hip hop album that has musical complexity on par with jazz, classical music, or even fucking rock music. At least you have to learn an instrument to play those. Rap takes no skill to make and it is an inferior genre because it has no musical value whatsoever. Now take your trip off and retire from listening to music forever, faggot.

this is mine too. just an absolute mess in the best sense. pic related is probably my second, for the same reason (in a much different way).

I loved how every song is dragged out as much as possible, it creates a dark and magical atmosphere that no other album has replicated before or sense.