Post artists opinions about other artists

post artists opinions about other artists

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-★-was-also-inspired-by-death-grips/
pitchfork.com/news/sufjan-stevens-on-katy-perrys-new-album-lord-jesus-have-mercy/
youtube.com/watch?v=kyI2VTUnMtM
youtube.com/watch?v=GG35pJHAuDU
youtube.com/watch?v=_2KeU7V0hQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Simon and Garfunkel atitttasdfawlekp238y5lw3 ,.sd/afj;alku345 2qt,/. q23LTIYPU NM;ALKJ3TRHPqiipowi2q]3
6tpgkeras' ms;ael, rrrrripnt3wap;jt5;h aesgseryhseryg

Tyler The Creator says he liked Death Grips' Money Store

consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-★-was-also-inspired-by-death-grips/

>My band shared an airport shuttle with [Odd Future] in Barcelona. They piled onto the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder, who was nursing a head wound with an ice bag wrapped in a towel. They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot. Then one of them lit a joint (or a pipe, I didn’t look) and told the driver to shut the fuck up nigger and smoked it anyway. A female passenger tried to engage one of them in conversation, but he just stared at her with a dead-to-me stare while his seatmate flipped double birds in her face.
The whole trip they complained about not being at a McDonalds and repeatedly shouted for the motherfucker to pull over so they could get some fucking McDonalds nigger. Interspersed with the McDonalds requests were shouted boasts about how often they masturbated and fucked bitches nigger and got paid like a motherfucker fifty grand like a motherfucker. They continued complaining that the trip was taking too long and insisted they be fed immediately all the way to the airport, where their minder presumably fed them.

damn...

aphex twin doesn't like radiohead

>"I have never seen a U2 fan. I have never seen anyone with a U2 shirt or been around someone's house that has a f***ing U2 record. Where do their fans f***ing come from?"

>repeatedly shouted for the motherfucker to pull over so they could get some fucking McDonalds nigger
This always makes me crack up

Oasis were literally U2's opening act in 1997 and Liam said that "One" was a great song

kek
there's even a pic of Liam and Bono kissing

>Oasis opening for U2
>in 1997

Huh, wouldn't it have made more sense for it to be the other way around?
Oasis were pretty much the biggest band on the planet in 1997 and U2's Pop flopped both commercially and critically.

>By the way: Rock. On the European Congress of Culture you have company: The sister project related to the same piece of Penderecki is going to be realized by Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead. You once stated, that you do not like this band too much.

Thats a fact, but recently I contacted Thom York though the internet. I told him: Do not believe everything you read on the newspapers.

>So did you bury the hatchet ?

My opinion towards my demotivation with radiohead was exaggerated.

still cracks me up

pitchfork.com/news/sufjan-stevens-on-katy-perrys-new-album-lord-jesus-have-mercy/

hmmst

I think the same. I've never seen a U2 fan but somehow they sold out their concert here

rivers' tweets are the best

i like that this comic is attacking racists while using an incredibly racist depiction of a nigger

Its official,we lost Arca.

is this a pasta? if not who wrote this?

albini

>lost
why? what about joanna newsom?

>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.

>I started to think of it as waveforms. The violin is not an uglier sound than the flute, it’s just a jagged waveform instead of a smooth waveform. There are certain things that, musically, I prefer over others: I like music that is in tune, I prefer when singers are in tune, I prefer when I’m in tune. In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.

>Huh, wouldn't it have made more sense for it to be the other way around?
>Oasis were pretty much the biggest band on the planet in 1997 and U2's Pop flopped both commercially and critically.
Dude. Oasis were huge in the UK, but by that point were washed up everywhere else. They never even made it beyond being a small arena act in the states.

>I've never seen a U2 fan but somehow they sold out their concert here
It's an age thing. U2 were a huge band for baby boomers and Gen Xers, but they've pretty much become a parody of themself for the past 20 years so most young folks who didn't grow up with 80s and 90s U2 either don't care about or actively dislike them.

kendrick really likes xxxtentacion's album, 17 apparently. I thought it was okay. too short, too skeletal.

Chris Martin on Radiohead:
>"We are not as good musically, but much more attractive"

I mean, he's right. Coldplay have managed to derive an entire career from High and Dry, but at least they don't look like they're on drugs currently unknown to science 24/7

>"I don't hate them, I don't wish they had accidents"
translation
>I still hate them and wish they had accidents also their fans are boring and ugly and don't look like they're having a good time

ironic because he's in oasis

Jesus Christ grimes is so disgusting part of the reason I quit coming to this board is how nasty she is and I'm sick of you faggots worshipping her feet

>part of the reason I quit coming to this board
Come again?

It's funny how melon is right and Zomby is actually boring as shit. Tried listening to the album everyone recs and it's run of the mill tepid "jungle" trip/hop sounding shit that gets interrupted by an air horn every second. Now Glowstyx!

youtube.com/watch?v=kyI2VTUnMtM

>Noel Gallagher

"Do you ever look at the sky and think, I'm glad I'm alive? After I heard Sum 41, I thought, I'm actually alive to hear the shittiest band of all time. Which is quite something when you think about it. Of all the bands that have gone before and all the bands that'll be in the future, I was around when the worst was around."

"Flea in all seriousness isn't that good. I mean, come on. RHCP were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ, they fucking suck, they suck."

-- Trevor Dunn

"What's the deal with Radiohead? When I'm having a party with the guys and we have some girls over, I know I'm not reaching for the Radiohead CD."

>he doesn't dance to idioteque while channeling ian curtis's moves

"I'm a fan of records, not bands. There are even some Beatles records I wouldn't buy back if you stole them off of me."

Albini is just a salty old fuck who heard "nigga" being used casually among young black males having the time of their lives and not giving a fuck and like so many other white people he got hypersensitive and took some shit way too serious. His own bandmate defended Tyler:
>Tyler never harassed the driver ... i was sitting up there in the passenger seat next to him. they may have asked for Mcdonalds once but i told them we were late and we kept it moving. i also never heard anyone drop racial slurs in that manner. it was 5 or 6am. we were all tired and grumpy and i think Albini was also salty that they had to wait on us to get into the ride....

BASED

>I'm a fan of records, not bands
true patrician

>Believing Odd Future's minder that was nursing a head wound.

I kind of actually understand this. Like there's lots of albums that I love but I haven't listened to much else from the artist

"Our only agenda in Judas Priest has been to give every album a life of its own. There are some bands like AC/DC that simply make the same album over and over and they've done very well for themselves, but we're not like that. If we kept making the same album, people would say 'Well, that's very nice but I already bought that record.'"

What went wrong with liam. Noel is so decent

Death Grips BTFO

Virtually everything Noel Gallagher has ever said. Dude is ridiculously based.

"Jack White, get this, has just done a commercial for McDonald's. He's supposed to be a spokesman for the alternative way of thinking. That's fucking wrong, especially when it's McDonald's. He ceases to be in the club, end of story. And he looks like Zorro after eating too many donuts."

“People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin’ ledge and write a song about it?”

"I've seldom ever heard a British band I found to be listenable. In my opinion, the British should just stop trying to play rock and roll altogether."

Really? I would never have guessed.

''The only good thing about America is that you killed John Lennon.''

Why the absolute FUCK did the newfaggot mods delete my post when it perfectly fits this context? Fuck off.

I'm old enough to remember the 80s and I never remember any U2 fans back then either. I have to agree with him that it's a total mystery where the fuck their fans came from.

"Anthony claimed I was kicked out of RHCP because I was on drugs and I tripped and fell over an amp. I say he was on more drugs than me, but then neither of us exactly had a good grasp of reality back then, so who are you gonna believe?"

He's right.

(Question was asked in 1999)

fenriz on one of the fags who killed gorgoroth

>Fenriz of Darkthrone has openly expressed disdain for King many times, having held regard for him as one of the “ÜBERPOSERS […] constantly trying to destroy REAL metal”, and stated that he would not consider Darkthrone as black metal anymore “if what King ov Hell is doing is something anyone would call black metal. Let’s just say that we ditched the boat before all the dead meat sank it. Again. We play our own brand of heavy-metal speed punk now.”Fenriz in addition denounced King as exploiting Norwegian taxpayers' money by applying for "sick leave for months and months while touring and recording. That, my friend, is taking both MY money AND Norway's money."

b a s e d

"What's the deal with books? When I'm tweakin an huffin an fuckin my cousins, why would I reach for book-learnin?"

not gonna lie I laugh every time

>"I'm a fan of records, not bands."
Noel knows.

Based

Trent vs Liam. Battle of the bantz masters.

Was there ever a time when Zappa didn't say something desperately and pathetically edgy?

kekk

i thought Trent was a fan of Prince.

He's right though.

very much so. The last few Prince albums to that point (2009) weren't exactly up to the par Prince's ego was cashing

I love Dave

>I don’t know if this is funny, but when I was using intravenous drugs, I used to go in his bathroom and spray his mirror with blood from my syringe. It freaked him out. He would get his assistant to put on rubber gloves and clean it up. Right after, I’d go and do it again just to push him. I thought it was funny to be able to freak out Marilyn Manson.

>He claims that at a party, he had to fend me off because I was trying to give him a blow job. The thing with me that guys like him don't get is that as soon as I can say or do the one thing that makes them uncomfortable, that's what I do, over and over again. So, yeah, I did mention that to him, and we used to joke about creating a rumor that he and I are gay lovers. Then his autobiography came out, and I'm going, "What the hell is this all about?" But at the end of the day, the guy's got a shelf life left of about a year and a half. If he wants to dress up like a clown and jump around and be Mr. Scary . . .

Did Trent ever comment on Prince's death?

"I'm glad that fucking queer is dead." - Trent

based tront

"So it's pretty much inevitable that the alternative movement is being bandwagoned. I don't know about Soundgarden; we've hung out with them before and they seem like great guys, but then there are other bands like Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains that are obvious corporate puppets. Many of these guys were involved in the hairspray/cockrock scene for years, and now suddenly they all put on flannel, quit washing their hair, and fly up to Seattle from LA to get a record deal and pretend like they've lived here their entire lives. It's very insulting to me."

>that time Depeche Mode got a love letter

>Kurt Cobain
>true underground artist

Good thing he blow his head off

kurt changed his mind about PJ later tho
youtube.com/watch?v=GG35pJHAuDU

Fucking hell this guy had his head so far up his own ass.

Based video

He didn't, he just found Eddie to be a chill dude.

lmao isn't this where melon started

It was kinda like /mu in those days.

kek

>he looks like Zorro after eating too many donuts

>ifunny
>deadmaus a musician
hahahahahah

Anton Newcombe is based as fuck

>deadmaus a musician

He's been on Sup Forums longer than you. Show some respect kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2KeU7V0hQs

cool

there's so much to say about this lol