Can Sup Forums help me decide which PS4 game to get?

Can Sup Forums help me decide which PS4 game to get?

Options:
Horizon Zero Dawn
Shadow of the Colossus
Monster Hunter World

Feel free to mention any others, but I will probably be getting one of the above.

Why? There’s like 3 games on ps4 you can’t yet get on PC, so why bother?

Monster Hunter world is pretty good

>Shadow of the Colossus
I've seen some good streams of it. Get it.

Shadow of the colossus.

I would say get bloodborne or dark souls 3, but I bet your a pussy like my friend who almost broke my controller because he sucked.

Shadow of the Colossus - It's a good game... but honestly if you didn't play it back on the PS2 and don't have the nostalgia factor not the first game I would buy, the game is literally find boss, kill boss, teleport to base, repeat.

Monster Hunter World - Shit. Terrible multiplayer interface, so don't plan on playing the game easily with friends, just a grind fest that doesn't pay off because every single weapon except the great hammer is ASS.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Absolutely buy. This was the game I've ever 100% completed and got a platinum trophy. Everything about this game is perfect.

I was disappointed in horizon personally.

If you've never played it and don't know much about it, definitely Shadow of the Colossus. Stick with it man, it really warrants the hype. Otherwise Monster Hunter World looks pretty dope.

Also if you've never played any of the Souls games, Bloodborne is probably the best introduction to them, then I would pick up Dark Souls 3, and Nioh is also very good if you didn't get enough ass rape.

Monster hunter is so fucking bad.

MHW is my first Monster Hunter game and I've already got 150 hours on it.

Monster hunter world is awesome im so addicted to this fucking game

Sell it and get a Switch with Zelda.

Out of the 3, Shadow of the Colossus. Also Bloodborne and maybe Infamous Second Son

wrong

I just finished Shadow of Colossus on PS4. My first time ever hearing about or playing that game. It was shit. Don't get it. It's basically ~7hrs doing the same mission 16 times. Then the game ends leaving you with more questions than answers. The entire script must been like 3 pages long at most. Waste of money. It felt like a PSN concept game that was testing the waters for a bigger game.

MHW is another repetitive game, this time in the form of hack and slash. Pass!

Get Horizon, hands down.
>45-50hrs deep and meaningful story
>vast and beautifully immersive open world
>qt redhead protagonist
>~15hr awesome DLC story

Get gamefly

Holy fucking shit how can someone be this wrong about everything
>Pass!
You have absolutely no right to be condescending to any piece of created media you absolute brainlet

>really warrants the hype

Hmm, let's see:
>SAME FUCKING MISSION 16 times in a row
>3 pages worth of dialogue
>unclear and weird cliffhanger ending

This game is a piece of shit. Graphics were nice, though.

Hack and slash games are just not my type. Wtf, I can't have a type? If OP likes hack and slash, then yeah MHW would be a good choice. I stand by my critique about Shadow of Colossus, though.
NOBODY can refute that it's a repetitive game with barely any dialogue and a cliffhanger ending that never gets sorted out, even in Ico.

Smite

>imagine being this delusional

1. Monster Hunter World
2. Shadow of the Colossus

either is great

witcher 3

>bashing a game because it fulfills its concept
It's a game for a specific mood and place. You seem to have this idea that your opinion is instantly an objective assessment of a work's quality, which is retarded. I was saying that your opinion was wrong earlier facetiously by the way.
>Wtf, I can't have a type?
No you can totally have an opinion about a game, but stating your opinion like a fact, and then condescending to the work created as if it was made entirely to serve you is also retarded. You just now said that if OP had a personal preference different from yours it would be a good buy, yet in your original post you simply bashed the game with absolutely no recognition of the context in which your criticism lay.
Consider looking at games further as an artform or don't try to review them as such.

Oh shit who you play?

Horizon Zero Dawn was repetitive and boring as fuck. Just admit you just liked pretending to be a moderately attractive red headed female edgelord and let OP decide with the right information

You must be retarded.
Sotc is a ps2 game of course it feels outdated.

>Monster Hunter World
Will get you 20 hours if you rush
50 if you want to grind
It's pretty good imo

>3 pages worth of dialogue
>games need dialogue to be good

monster hunter sucks ass i regret buying it but i got it half price

Fuck you

Shadow of the Colossus is 8 hours. Horizon Zero Dawn is about 16 at best. Monster Hunter World can be 40+.

Fucking hurt my brain reading this retards review of shadow of the colossus

ps4 has no games.

too edgy

>every single weapon except the great hammer is ASS.
Lmao you're crazy... Bow and switch blade are the best weapon in the game the hammer is not even close...

Press X to my wife's son.

April 20th The new mother fucking God of War! save for that!

>it's a game for a specific mood and place
>cited as one of the greatest games of all time
That's my problem with it. My opinion isn't presented as any more of an objective assessment than the entire gaming industry's and gaming community's opinion about this "specific mood" game.

If people liked it, great. If people loved it as a niche game, awesome. But the fact that it's hailed a universal and groundbreaking masterpiece across all genres is nonsensical to me. That was my point. I'm not condescending to the artwork that is SoTC. I'm condescending to people's overhyped reaction to a niche game.

Your mentality sounds like the same reason we have people glorifying a mostly-blank canvas as a "modern art masterpiece" these days.

Gotta trust the dubs.. inb4 samefag

Poochie Bandicoot

>Skippable boss battles
>Literally My Wife's Son
LOLOLOLOL

Get the game with the heroic female lead. Oh wait, that's all of them.

HZD
HZD
HZD
HZD
HZDHZDHZDHZDHZDHZDHZDHZD

Horizon is probably the best video game made in the last decade imo, get it OP

>By the Mother Goddess!
>Heroic Ugly Ginger Female Lead

That shit is terrible. These people are obvious shills.

>This game is a piece of shit
>b-but dude i was talking about its reputation
whatever man i'm too tired to argue about fucking vidya right now. All I can say is it is absolutely not a "mostly blank canvas", you are just saying that because of your narrow-minded view of vidya as a narrative driven medium (also a given considering your misplaced criticisms of the games minimal story earlier), whereas Shadow of the Colossus is more visually driven. I can't make you understand it, maybe as you mature as an art consumer you'll understand the worth of art as something more than just regurgitating narratives, maybe you won't, whatever.

How does it feel to be so fucking wrong

Dark Souls 3. Patience and perseverance will get you through this game no problem. Has some decently difficult areas and really fun boss fights. Great music, coop in this game is a bit clunkier than Bloodborne's more refined system, but very similar. Also requires a good deal of time investment. Overall score: 8/10.

Monster Hunter World. I know. It's new, and seems like the whole "flavor of the week" kinda deal, but I have been playing MH games for years, so maybe I'm a bit biased. They've taken everything great about the past games and updated it, made it way more accessible, and since it's on a larger screen with better graphics, everything seems to just click really well and translate incredibly good. It's a great game, no doubt about it. Some people saying that it's a grindfest have a point, but not a strong one. It's only a grind if you make it one. There's so many things to do and so many options for you to explore that I highly doubt you'll get bored of it very soon, if at all. It's got a weird multiplayer platform but it does work. Just not what people are used to. Once you get your head around a very important concept, everything starts to change for you. As you play almost any other game, you character gets stronger. More health, better attack, stamina, etc etc, right? In Monster Hunter, a new hunter and a HR 100 hunter are literally NO different. It's your experience that makes you dangerous, and the gear that you craft that gives you the abilities you want. You don't get more health by "leveling up", you eat before every hunt. You're essentially just a normal dude, that takes advantage of every possible slight tactical edge he can to take down these monsters. You CANNOT approach this game like every other RPG, or you will be disappointed and confused, and probably become disillusioned with it rather quickly. Keep the quirks of this series in mind, and remember to treat it like a brand new thing, (if it is for you, MH veterans can ignore) and I'm 100% sure you'll enjoy it. Continuing....

Shadow is good but id recommend persona 5 but if thats not yr speed the shadow is good

Continued... It actually has a lot in common with Dark Souls, in that I think that EVERYBODY is/would be a huge fan of the series, but you either give up too early or you aren't patient enough to look past the harsh initial difficulties or strange machanics and quirks of the game before you realize that you love it. Give it chance. Anyway, sorry for the huge book, but felt as though it had to be said. Does require a good deal of time investment, pretty high learning curve in some cases (weapons and fights) good music, fun and quirky, challenging, VERY fun coop. Overall score: 9/10

Yeah, dude, the two are connected. Without the hype my thought would've been "enjoyable in the moment, but overall repetitive game with an unclear ending and story altogether." I don't think anyone can deny that it's repetitive and incomplete.

The hype made me start to really hone in on its many shortcomings. I prefer dialogue that makes me think and hypothesize (Red Dead, Mass Effect, Metal Gear, etc.), but I'll appreciate visually-driven if it actually pays off. This game just leaves a big question mark at the end. Fine, suit yourself.

And finally Bloodborne. I cannot overstate this game. It's as close to a perfect game as I've ever played. Maybe I'm just fanboying or something, but god damn this game is fun as fuck. Great coop system with a lot of quality of life improvements. Great music, challenging and a lot of options. Requires a good deal of time investment.

Don't buy shadow of the colossus unless you like Ps2 games because it's that with modern graphics.

Not that guy, I'm supp working on diamond sobek ATM, but enjoy playing as solo as well

I second this

but if you’re not looking for a challenge with those I’d go with monster hunter, seems like it’d be a fun play with plenty of content

fuck i wanted to stop responding to you but you just make me so fucking angry fuck
>Yeah dude, the two are connected
I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR FUCKING OPINION DUMBASS. "The game is a piece of shit" is an objective statement, you are not saying "I think the game is a piece of shit" or "the game doesn't work for me", you are saying the game fails at whatever the creators hoped to accomplish with it, which would mean it fails as a work. Your misinterpretation of what Shadow of the Colossus is is exclusively your fault, not the work nor the creators, so the game is not a piece of shit unless you can justify it under objective terms.
>the game is incomplete
>unclear ending
>i like dialogue that makes me think and H Y P O T H E S I Z E
way to miss my fucking point. If you want dialogue go read a fucking book, why are you playing vidya for a narrative when interactivity directly hinders that. And why do you keep treating ambiguity like some big fault of the game when its clear that the intentions of the game do not lie in developing a concrete story. Whatever you're not going to read and interpret this post correctly, just as you misinterpreted my last one. Don't bother replying I don't wanna have to write anymore about this inane medium anyway.

I third this. Don't be a pussy and play some danksouls or bloodborne

Get. persona 5, It won Best RPG last year for a reason also it takes about 100 hours for 1 playthrough so there's plenty of content, the music is insanely good and the style is Gorgeous . Also, Nier Automata is so god damn gorgeous.

you got a problem with gingers? huh, nigger?!

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Capcom constantly releases new content for their monster hunter games, story line grainding for sick armor and weps will get you atleast 70 hours, plus additional story line and free dlc, event quests etc

whys everyone shitting on monster hunter, was it too hard for you guys?

I would go with HZD if you have no previous attachment to the franchises. Monster hunter is great but it was a bit on the weeb end for me, but the combat mechanics and mastery of each monster is extremely satisfying. Horizon you can just jump in and it’s very immersive and the hunting aspect is very similar to MHW.

shadow of the colossus out of those three but there's better games
horizon zero dawn runs at 30 and has so much motion blur you can't see whats happening if you move your camera
mhw runs at 20-30 fps on a base ps4, 30-45 on a ps4 pro and is repetitive as fuck

Go get persona 5, nier automata or gravity rush, treat yourself to something of quality instead of buying popular western AAA meme games

Bloodborne is fucking garbage. Can't even hold a semblance of 30 fps.

Nigga get persona 5, best game for the ps4

Far cry 5 nigga

PERSONA 5 YES

Buy the last of us dude. It's $15 and still better than anything on the market.

Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Nioh, Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus- Future Games like God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake....just get'em all.

what is best racing game for PS4? Project cats or dirt 4? Or should I just wait for remake of burnout? Arcade is ok no I’m not building an Xbox for forza

This is PS4 not xbox