Crystal Castles Allegations

NEW STATEMENT IS IN
Ethan is either innocent or a master manipulator

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/crystal-castles-ethan-kath-sues-alice-glass-for-defamation-over-rape-allegations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hes for sure a piece of shit but maybe not an abuser, i dunno just a user here wasnt there

>After the band attained new success without her
how delusional can they be? Their music is so stale without alice. Sounds like old crystal castles with zero new ideas.

It's suspicious that he's trying to claim that "she's just jealous."

he should have deleted the last sentence. It doesn't sound sincere at all

I don't like him but I believe him

He said success, not quality

also isn't it fishy that now he's confirming that there was a personal relationship when before even the band members were either vague and indirect saying "there was something going on" or "there was nothing going on."
hmmmmmm

I mean has crystal castles suddenly grown in popularity since their last without alice album? I dont really know anyone who listens to them still as opposed to three or four years ago they were a hip band to like.

>shut up and listen

He should just do what conor oberst did when he was accused of rape and sue the fuck out of the woman and make her apologize for lying

It could work considering most of their work is all about addressing shit like rape. Going like "hey, we've always been about empowering women"
He seems to be pretty private about stuff like that.

Honestly, I think it was just a regular relationship - the type you'd have with an insane girl.

Can’t post the link but check out Alice’s Instagram and she has emails about Ethan from her to their manager.

She has one dumb mail about him throwing her phone out the window, that isn't rape. Well today it probably is but still. Ethan already filed a defamation lawsuit.

I mean let's say all of the sex was 100 percent consensual, and not manipulative.
Did he not enable some one to use drugs? some one very young? It was her choice though, so whatever.
But didn't he post pictures of a black eye he gave her? I think she stated that she made him take it down, but shouldn't wherever it was posted have it archived? It seems like obvious proof to him being abusive and would clear it up for a lot of people. From what I've gathered she probably was a young crazy girl doing manipulative and emotionally abusive stuff to him as well, and he probably loved the dramatics and encouraged it/tried to escalate it. Sounds like it's a good thing theyre no longer together and he should just come clean with the crazy shit she did as well.

>can you get me a new phone manager daddy
Man, the tone is so weird
I'm pretty sure she's just fucked up in the head and coasting on the recent hollywood implosion

>Sounds like it's a good thing theyre no longer together and he should just come clean with the crazy shit she did as well
I get the point, but that'd just turn it into a shit flinging contest and he'd lose since he's the man/oppressor, at least in the eyes of the public.

that's true, but either he's going to win his defamation or alice is going to start bringing real evidence to surface. Not to mention other artists who worked with him have had to get lawyers involved because of him being emotionally abusive in a professional setting. I don't see this ending well for him.

oh and also right now it's
>he raped me and hit me
instead of
>actually she was on a bunch of meth and coming at me with a knife so i hit her
or ya know, things that could be circumstantial. It seems ludicrous for her to literally just fabricate it all up out of no where.

I've been thinking about this a lot because I used to like CC a lot.

For women it comes naturally. Feeling regret or revenge? Cry rape! Excessive? Nah, they deserve it!

How can half the species be this retarded just because of an X instead of a Y chromosome? I guess when you think about Down syndrome and the one extra chromosome, anything is possible.

Hopefully the rape actually happened and he gets away with it lmfao

This.

Whenever a rape accusation comes out, the correct course of action is not to dismiss the """"victim"""" outright, nor to demonize the perpetrator, but to express an undying hope that the rape and suffering actually happened while acknowledging that it is probably a lie.

you sound like you have some things to sort through.

No Alice has been avout empowering women and you are naive as fuck to not realise that Ethan is lying out of his ass.

this thread isnt music related in a productive way theres hardly discussion

this. It seems wild to me that people are believing he didn't do it because all he has said is "I didnt do it." I think allegations like this, most abusers would challenge and not just post an apology.

How come she hasn't named the recording engineer who sexually harassed her?

He's suing her, lads

pitchfork.com/news/crystal-castles-ethan-kath-sues-alice-glass-for-defamation-over-rape-allegations/

It's insane to me how people instantly side with Alice, selectively switching between empowerment- and oppressor/oppressed narratives

lol who cares faggot

thank god

feminists people who prefer better threads probably mods

*pulls u apart like a twizzler*

dont have twizzler in my country

good.

the first and best indicator that a man is telling the truth when he says that he's been wrongfully accused is that he gets legal representation to assist him. if he's going through the proper channels then i wouldn't at all be surprised if he had an actual case here.

Maybe he just doesn't know that calling her names/telling her if they didnt fuck she was out of the band is literal abuse/rape.

its legal shit theres no point taking a side before its resolved which will happen

I didn't side with Alice at all. But everything Ethan wrote is complete nonsense that nobody who has paid attention to the band believes. He's never been vocal about autonomy or women's issues until RIGHT NOW, implies Alice left the band because she was a junkie, implies the band has done JUST FINE without her, and paints her as a liar solely because of her history of using drugs. He doesn't refute a single specific point and makes it clear he's either not well at articulating himself (which is why CC has not done well without Alice) or that he's just generally full of shit.

>after the band attained new success without her
I don't know if he's abusive, but he's definitely delusional

That's what all these dudes should do, but they can't because they are guilty.

>He's never been vocal about autonomy or women's issues until RIGHT NOW
besides all the feminist Crystal Castles songs...

That he claims the female lead singer had no part in writing...

they freakin blow without alice and the decline of their music clearly shows something was wrong

feminists songs paired with songs with themes around predator and prey relationships

If you check out alice's solo stuff (that kinda sucks desu) the lyric style and themes are consistent with old CC. What a weird little thing for him to lie about.

he seems like a controlling dirtbag