In zombie movies, why are there never any characters that wears full plate armor...

In zombie movies, why are there never any characters that wears full plate armor? You would literally never be in danger if you wore it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7CUfkGLB48
youtube.com/watch?v=7RR6I-BLKbQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>zombies knock you down
>you're fucking finished

You should read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. It covers this.

I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

>getting knocked down

Not really. They can't bite you in the armor. You're invincible, and if you have your sword you can take all the time you want to kill them all.

>reading some jew's fanfic horseshit

No thanks.

Some douche can still shoot you.

I'd prefer a halberd as my primary weapon with a mace as a sidearm.

>not instantly shooting everyone you come across so they can't shoot you first

>he's read a survival guide
>about zombie
>but he's above writing a paragraph on a sicilian orange harvesting board

> i know nothing about armor, the post

post something new
this is as stale as my dads farts

So you'll just get trapped under a pile of zombie unable to get up. If they get some time they can pry up an opening or get the helmet/gauntlets off and find some place to bite.

Far be it from me to encourage people to read on a french mushroom picking board.

>In zombie movies, why are there never any characters that wears full plate armor?

Because zombie movies are a dumb genre that can't really work without the people being retarded.

Daily reminder that fast+strong zombies are the only ones that could """""""realistically""""""""" cause an outbreak.

The analogy of "Canned food" comes to mind.

>Heavy metal armor
>Slow
>Useless against crowds
>Zombies use swarm tactics
>Twenty of them surround you, grabbing, pulling, gnawing
>You literally cannot overcome the strength of more than four people pulling on you, much less twenty
>Even in an ideal situation of twenty manlet skinny zombies each weighing just a hundred and fifty pounds thats 3000 pounds of zombie flesh keeping you down
>And even if they couldn't pry you open, you'd starve to death, trapped in a metal shell

>muh armor tho
>muh sword tho
>muh badass arthurian knights tho

>nah that would never happen to me I'm wearing motherfucking ARMOR I would never get cornered or swarmed
>it's not like I'm slow or have less peripheriral vision
>and a zombie or a group of zombies could NEVER pull off the plates on my armor even if they were all pulling at once
>definitely not my helmet or gauntlets either

>what do you mean armor has gaps

Full plate armor is excessive. Wearing two long sleeve shirts, denim jeans, some thick gloves and boots, and a motorcycle helmet would be just as effective and far less encumbering.

I take it you've never heard of heat exhaustion...

yea but.. plate looks cool af m8

Isn't there like some light material out there that's like impentrable like a chainmail nano-carbon latex spandex thing people can wear. They might feel the pain but at least no infection and can run

>Not just destroying all the stairs that lead to your 2nd floor apartment & climbing up & down with ropes

Not to mention how fucking loud it would be

You'd attract every zombie in a 2 mile radius clunking around in a fucking suit of armor

How strong are your arms user? Go pick up something about the weight of a sword that size and swing it around a bit. How long can you keep going for? I'm going to say 5 minutes max
Good luck fending off a horde of zombies

You don't need to be that strong. You aren't fighting master swordsmen. One good 360 degree swing attack would kill everything around you and give you enough time to recover for the next attack.

>heavy
Nope
>slow
Nope

If you're too lazy to do any actual research, at least watch some videos about the subject.
youtube.com/watch?v=I7CUfkGLB48
youtube.com/watch?v=7RR6I-BLKbQ

>in zombie apocalypse
>not just becoming a leather daddy

Go get a leather jacket, real leather, and try to bite through it. Try to get your dog to bite through it. It's fuckin unbiteable

>when jesus is the smartest one in twd

>implying they wont climb up the outside

A mail shark suit would probably be better and easier to get.

He didn't say anything about using a sword.

You obviously have no idea about what kind of damage a bladed weapon does

Dumb fuck

Because zombie movies are about the dangers and pitfalls of society and I don't see how plate armor is going to protect you from the fact that you have zero emotional connection with another living being

You don't even need full plate. Good leather is way lighter and more than strong enough to stop zombies.

I did like the part in WWZ (the book) where a large chunk of Europe just went back to medieval ways to fight the zombies. They just wore armor and lived in castles with moats and it worked.

>zombies
>prying things open
It's almost like you're talking about human beings and not shambling corpses.

He's not wrong about them pinning you down though, which you can hope someone finds you before you starve or suffocate to death.

Swords are actually pretty light. A longsword is maybe 3-4lbs and you hold it with both arms. You won't tire that fast unless you're actually trying to cut through anything. Then it gets bad pretty quick.

They could dig their hands in somewhere and yank at it. Not intentionally perhaps but given time they might get lucky. I'm assuming they're trying to grab and pull at you not just trying to kiss you.

>One good 360 degree swing attack would kill everything around you
you retarded? even perfectly healthy and fit man would find it immensely difficult to literally cut through someone. with one swing? thats literally impossible without training your whole life and having master level technique.

>there are people that take the zombie survival guide seriously
>There are people that will use the zombie survival guide as a source for any type of survival situation, real or imaginary
Truly the worst type of people

That still would imply that the suit of armor is so bulky and heavy you can't move around in it to the point that fucking zombies could catch you and tip you over, which is not true at all.

Yeah, that makes sense.

If you're smart it won't but shit happens. You're going through a building and suddenly all the exits are blocked with zombies. All it takes is one or two to go dead weight on you to knock you over.

It's still better than no armor but it's not like you'll be fucking invincible.

>isn't there fookin mithril

You would be amazed how light plate armor accually is, only chain mail is heavy.

>there are people ITT that actually fell for the "full plate armor is heavy and makes you slow"

>ll it takes is one or two to go dead weight on you to knock you over.
Spread your legs, dammit. No matter how much wind howls, mountain does not bow down.

>against zombie swarm
>be knight in armor
>instead of going full mage in underwear blasting them with aoe

the best defense is offense, not to mention looking cool while doing it.

>but shit happens

Then why do anything at all ever to prepare for anything?

>One good 360 degree swing attack
lmao

>being a mage
>fighting zombies instead of making more
I mean come on, it's the zombie apocalypse, why wouldn't you build your own army of the dead?

Better yet, go full phalanx formation with long spears in a narrow place.

There, zombies are not a threat anymore.

Zombies shouldnt even be anle to move considering their muscle fibers are degenerating.

>implying you'd be the only necromancer
>implying you wouldn't have pit your army of undead vs someone else

sometimes you just gotta fling fireballs man

I'm calling bullshit, user.

Zombies don't climb.

I didn't say that. I said armor is still a good thing but people need to stop acting like it makes you invincible.

>not wearing a shark proof diving suit

cmon people, it's the 21st century

>I didn't say that.
>If you're smart it won't but shit happens.
>but shit happens

You literally JUST said it.

Real life isn't a fucking Dynasty Warriors game m8.

So you'll burn the flesh off the zombies and raise an army of skeletons instead? Good thinking, that man. Where will you find the calcium to keep them going though? Your average zombie can keep itself going with human flesh, but a skeleton needs dairy products.

I didn't say don't do anything. Please into context.

Where is this hypothetical magic sword that will slice straight through several zombies in one 360 swing? Each zombie you hit adds so much resistance, even if you cut through one you're gonna just cut into the second.

Just get up? You are way more fucked if they knock you down without armor.

if you were swarmed by a herd you would be in trouble.

>zombies shouldnt even exist because they arent real

Literally any proposed method of preparation could be replied with "yea man but its pointless though since shit happens".

it's a retarded mindset

Aluminum baseball bat & little to zero armor master race reporting.

Throw in your gun of choice with plenty of ammo & nice utility knife & you are set.

I was specifically responding to the person claiming you would be invincible with the armor, so I provided an example of how you may not be. I am not claiming things are black and white as he was.

>shoot
>gunfire lures in more zombies
>possible alerts raiders to your position
Nice going shitbag.

>but I get up again

Yes but your 'shit happens' cop out isn't a valid argument against plate since it could be applied to anything. Observe.

>bro, just wear denim
>not worth it, shit happens
>bro, just wear leather
>bro, just wear sharksuit
>bro, just wear hockey pads
>bro, just wear plate

Poleaxe master race here instead

>Jab in the head at safe distance
>Slice or bash at short distance

Good for everything.

Nevermind, you're either willfully ignoring the point or too stupid to grasp context.

Regular people have enough trouble pinpointing where gunfire is coming from. I don't see how zombies would fare better

It's ok to admit you're wrong, its an anonymous image board. Don't take shit so personally

>>>Zombies use swarm tactics
>>Twenty of them surround you, grabbing, pulling, gnawing
>>You literally cannot overcome the strength of more than four people pulling on you, much less twenty
And they can't do this against unarmored people because...?

It's like a fire extinguisher. Only use in extreme emergencies. Better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it.

They use animal instincts.

You would have almost full flexibility, range of motion, speed and strength as you would have without the armor.

It's just not the best option since your armor doesn't fully cover your entire body and you're wearing only cloth under the armor, getting overrun or surrounded will defenitely be your death.
It would tire you out faster too.

The best option would be full riot gear as it nulifies all the problems you have with knight armor.

B-because armor is like SUPER heavy and if you're not wearing any you can parkour over them!

Sounds like DayZ

its surprisingly cheap on amazon

So once a zombie loses all of its tissue besides its brain does it die? Does it just become a bare skeleton that can't move or make noise?

Riot gear or just chain mail even.

Master bait, gj user

>Regular people have enough trouble pinpointing where gunfire is coming from.

Maybe if only one shot is fired.

If the brain is destroyed, the zombie "dies". Skeletons are animated by magic and cracking their skulls does nothing to stop them.

The trick is to be nowhere near them. Unless you do like Romero did in the original & go on a hunt. Which is what would happen.

Isn't your dad dead?

Gunfire reflects off surfaces like crazy, especially large flat surfaces. At a far enough range you might be able to figure out the general direction the sound is coming from but not even close to exact and certainly not the distance

They can just eat other skeletons

A general direction is all that's needed. Sure it's not a super dangerous immediate threat but you know have more zombies moving in your direction than before.

Skeletons have no substance on them though.

>when a thread that should have been aborted at 3 posts somehow lives this long

>When a meme that should have been deleted a year ago keeps getting posted

>Bruce, why do we fall

>this thread
fucking retards

yeah Im gonna go down to the 14th century armor store on the corner and pick up a 6 pack of armors on my way home from work, good looking out thanks family

At large distance a few degrees of target will land you quite a distance away. This is assuming that zombies are free from distractions and can move hundreds of meters if not miles effectively for it to even mean anything. I have no reason to believe zombies would be attracted to gunfire any more than the noise of something falling smack on the ground.

>make a coat out of carpet
>carpet is everywhere in homes
>zombies can't bite you

Yeah but skeletons are just packed with the things skeletons need. Bones have tons of calcium in them.

This is either incredibly bad bait or a 15 year old who just saw battle of the bastards for the first time

But wouldn't that cut down the numbers of troops available to you?