Can you make a distinction between an artist's work and his/her personal beliefs?

Can you make a distinction between an artist's work and his/her personal beliefs?

Yes. It's petty not to.

It used to be easy, but the artists in question never seem to shut the fuck up these days.

Yeah. Just stop watching E! and reading People magazine, you shallow twat.

I can do it for most actors but not Wil Wheaton in Star Trek.

no, but Cumberbatch (or any actor who is simply an actor) is not an artist

No, but its a good thing my pal Kelsey is of a sound mind

DeNiro is not only a race traitor, he's also a huge faggot so fuck him.
>Robert De Niro made crystal clear which candidate he supports this presidential election at the VIP cocktail reception for the annual Friends of the Israel Defense Forces Western Regional Gala held Thursday at the Beverly Hilton. The event was chaired by producing giant and FIDF national board member Haim Saban and his wife, Cheryl.

>“If you’re supporting Trump, I want nothing to do with you,” said De Niro, after refusing to pose for a photograph with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

>“Are you voting for Trump?” De Niro kept asking Schwarzenegger, channeling his inner Jake LaMotta as he rebuffed the former California governor’s efforts to explain before backing off toward the other side of the room.

>“If you’re not part of the solution, then you’re part of the problem,” said De Niro.

>raising funds for the IDF
both actors are cucks, so are the political parties they support

I dont get his shirt

>inb4 i get it because i am intelligent and also get eric andres humour

>eric andre humour
well Im not underage my friend so I don't get that style of comedy, but anyway Kelsey's shirt is pro-life. Stating that women who abort their children might as well use guns because of how late in the pregnancy abortions can be done. Its poorly worded I know

Based Fraiser Crane

Yes easily. I don't see how anyone who can't do that could enjoy any entertainment media. Most people who make movies, music, games, etc. are terrible assholes or at the very least have said or done something incredibly retarded that you'd disagree with at one point in their lives. I find it best to just ignore anything they do that isn't charity work like superhero actors visiting sick kids.

>Ruining relations with people because of politics and a meme election.

Why do people do this? De Niro needs to die a slow and agonizing death.

There is no distinction. Who they are influences there work and the perspective used in their films.

Humans, especially artists, are not purely objective.

Absolutely based

Of course, because I am not a gossip faggot. Why would I even care about the artist's personal beliefs?

Yes.

It's been done forever. You might birdlike Picasso as a person, buy you cannot disregard his work.

In music it's the same, talented assholes, who are the scummiest humans ever, creating beauty that transcends language and culture.

Anyone who cares about what an actor, director or writer is like to determine if they support their work is doing it very wrong.

What they do in their spare time is beside the quality of their work.

This.

It gets to the point where you can't avoid it if you tried. Simply opening your browser bombards you with headlines of what this one or that one said.

It's not that they simply have beliefs. they WANT everyone to know their beliefs. Most of the time, it's not even their real feelings, it's to develop a fanbase.

But Schwarzenegger isn't voting for Trump

My favorite band is basically pro-anarchy, anti-authority and anti-government. Politically, I disagree with their ideologies, but I love their music. I guess the redeeming factor is that their music is all instrumental, no edgy lyrics

>pro-feminism shirt made by poor women In a sweat shop in a third world country for less than a dollar a day.

Limousine liberals, when will they learn?

You know damn well he'll end up voting Trump. He just says he isn't to avoid the backlash.

so they support women in being independant and being less poor

>VIP cocktail reception for the annual Friends of the Israel Defense Forces

jesus