I made a song last night what does Sup Forums think of it? any suggestions?

I made a song last night what does Sup Forums think of it? any suggestions?

clyp.it/hysp5smy

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1u0D9ftOiHk
clyp.it/q2in2s4e
youtube.com/watch?v=pzKgPWuKxSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sad nigger jam
I have no words for you

Are you suggesting to me to change the name of the song?

Damn. We need a feels thread to accompany his track

Stop acting like a fucking nigger... cuck

You're right, we need a sad nigga thread. Should of thought of that.

I will consider your suggestion.

depressing
more upbeat please

I literally cannot do anything in math because i don't know how to make the h not be in the denominator and i have no idea what part of math taught you how to do it. Dividing by 0 is probably a lot easier that making the h go somewhere else.

..that was the kind of the mood I was going for, but I plan on having vocals on it at some point. I would like the lyrics to be somewhat uplifting, Edgy lyrics just tend to make me cringe.

Congrats you have succeeded in confusing me. If this is a roast I would suggest just calling me a nigger.

id dig it. but the phoned in drums losses any feeling.

Thanks, I agree that the drums are weak. I am not a drummer, I am trying to find one but I live in a small town and I have no social skills so its kind of difficult.

may be good with just the guitar

Nice one OP. My only problem with the song is the guitar is too fuzzy and I couldn't really hear the song's progression. Maybe bass would help. The drums are bland. I wish i could post my stuff from garageband but i don't feel comfortable showing my music

Thanks, personally I have always been disappointed in my mixes. I can never get it right, and they always come out shit. I am recording my guitar direct with an amp sim, I think I am going to invest in a mic to actually record my amp. I have tried that in the past and I have always had better luck. And as far as the drums refer to

and I understand this is actually the first time I have shown other people my music besides my closest friend. But I feel like he is just a "yes man" and doesn't offer much in critiques.

Soul's there. I feel the feels. No complaints here user

Sounds bad. Remove the gain and play the same chords and everything the same on clean. Will sound much better

Much appreciated. Its a work in progress.

I recorded the guitar parts using the bridge pickup so it sounds weak while clean, but I can re-record them. Thanks for your suggestion.

Im not gonna lie OP i really like this. I dont know what is wrong with me but I need sound to sleep, so Asmr and shit is what I normally use, but this for some reason is so sombre and calming I love it. Keeping this favorited.

Wow that honestly means a lot, you should check out a band called Duster. It was probably my main inspiration when making this.

Hello OP I'm the snow that said you should try it on clean, don't use any of the pickups and no reverb. Have you recorded or in process of recording it? Lmk. Also where are you from?

>snow

I meant to say user, fucking spell check.

Damn, thanks a ton. Theyre so odd i love it. Gg op, gg

I did chrch choir for 4 years

I am in the processes of recording it, I live in the US, the state of Texas to be more specific.

No problem hope they help you sleep. My favorite album by them is "Stratosphere" its a 10/10 in my humble opinion.

Ok I'll wait for it

not bad just needs some eq and reamping and itll be mint

I currently playing around with the amp sim I have, I have done some eq to the drums but not much else. Thanks for your suggestion.

what do you mean by not using any pickups? I am re-recording it using my neck pickup, so the clean tone sounds better.

vocaroo.com/i/s1u0D9ftOiHk

If any guitar anons care to listen. I don't have my recording set up right now, so it's just my phone mic... a little diddle none the less.

sounds fuckin sweet you're really solid in your rhythm and playing parts that flow. I wish I had people to jam with in my skill level its fucking aggravating trying to improve and bounce riffs with shitty musicians.

thanks man, i can't find many people to jam with either. i have a bunch of songs and riffs though that i have worked on for years

I'm the same way just have loads of random riffs and projects i've started over the years but no solid people near me to finish writing with. i have a drummer he's solid but always busy. our main problem has been bassist and singers at this point im just thinking of filling the role bc i wanna get some shit released before the end of this summer. just gotta really sit down and focus.

cool man i have a camp job where i spend most of my time in the bush working 20-26 days at a time i brought my guitar last season as soon as this season kicks in im probably going to buy some shit to record stuff out there

get errr done you've got the skill to write some really good shit

i have a song on youtube, but very insecure of my singing voice

feelsbadman

don't be insecure of it just let it out man

Finish them shits yourself. It's better than waiting on something that might never come. Solo artist do exist, granted, not to the point to do a show, but if you ever get that big, then you can easily get people to fill in the roles you need.

clyp.it/q2in2s4e here it is with clean guitar. You can really how shitty of a musician I am with this one.

true I mean look at intervals he's fucking killin it and just uses fill ins live

youtube.com/watch?v=pzKgPWuKxSU

sigh i feel like i might regret this, i was roughly 18 at the time, maybe younger

Not bad, OP, but I feel as though you're spending a lot of time with a gradual crescendo and then don't resolve it. Like, I thought a bit of a breakdown was coming that didn't come.. know what I mean? I like your melody, though.

You messed up a few times but it's not bad the beginning still sounds bad, not the playing but the audio, sounds like reverb. After the 2:00 mark though it's pretty good.

or landon tewers of the plot in you he writes all the parts for the albums and records them besides drums. they just releases a new album its fucking incredible not so hardcore focused a lot of vibey type stuff on it i reccomend the fuck out of it.

not bad at all you're singing in key which is a good thing and phrasing is solid too you worry too much just keep it up keep practicing

Also, add a little bass to flesh it out? Keep writing, keep composing. You can keep building on what you have, who knows where your melody writing skills could go? Good luck, man :)

I like this version.

Thank you user. Wrote this in '13, probably the song I'm the proudest about writing, until recently maybe, but I'm going to record again. Gives me a bit more confidence.

trust me I get it man we really are our worst critics it helps to just say fuck it sometimes and release something and see what people think

i feel the same, I can only do so much with one acoustic guitar.

Yeah, I get you. I think that is my biggest issue with song writing. I just crescendo and add more parts but don't really have a resolve. I think I make song writing more complicated than it actually is. But its a work in progress, thanks!

I fuck with the harmonics adds texture

Super sad but I love it. Make more OP

>suicidal nigga jam

I agree, they kind of make the song for me.

Will do, thanks!

Fair enough, you aren't missing much.

Not entirely inaccurate

Thanks, will do. I am only 18 so I think I am in a good place.

ABSOLUTELY BAD LOL. 100% NOT GOOD. dont play guitar

don't listen to this guy

edgy.fedora