Building my first pc

>building my first pc
>finish educating myself on CPUs and choose one
>move on to graphics cards
>look it up
>nothing but articles on how GPUs are virtually out of stock because fucking bitcoin miners are buying all of them out

i hate you guys

take this as a lesson to wait until Bitcoin crashes more and people stop buying GPU so the cost stabilizes you fucking newfag

like i was gonna fucking shell out $1000 for a $500 graphics card, eat shit and die

I feel you, OP. I’ve been PC gaming for more than 20 years, and these last few years has been the slowest development on GPUs, ever. I’m sitting on a card nearly 6 years old and the only option for an upgrade is to pay more than the cost of my whole rig. Nevermind that my 6 yo card still plays everything mid-high at QHD. Shit has really stagnated. The top single-card performance hasn’t budged in almost 3 years.

I blame AMD for being worthless engineers, NV for giving up on consumer GPUs to focus on their autonomous driving nonsense, and Intel for being happy to just be an also-ran in the GPU world.

Got my 1070 for $450, feel bad for you guys. My gf was looking to upgrade her 770, I didn't know about this shit either, 1070s are over a $1K now!

This world is grinding to a halt and the streets are going to flow with blood. Trying to make money with graphics cards is about the stupidest shit I have ever heard.

Don't build a PC if you're poor

AMD, buying Intel for gaming is homosex. Even the $99 APU range is a good starting point for casual gamers

That's not the point you nigger. Graphics card prices are super inflated thanks to bit coin mining. How can you not understand something so basic?

got my 1070 at Best Buy for $400 + tax

beat that niggers

>I guess, if you’re into that gay shit

Picked up my 1080 TI 11GB OC for about 800 euros before this all started.
Feelsgoodman.

Got a problem? Get in line

If you really gotta build it now, get a nice 144 Hz or higher monitor at 1440p or higher, that can do apadtive refresh, and pair it with the cheapest GPU that can do adap refresh. That leaves you option to upgrade just the GPU whenever they become available again. The 1050 is the cheapest ”current” NV that will do GSync, but you could get anything from the 700 series all the way down to a 650 Ti if you can find them used. AMD R300 series can do FreeSync. Just make sure your monitor is compatible.

>144 hz monitor, cheap GPU.
Why

Because you’re waiting for prices to drop to get the ”real” GPU, and the cheap thing is there as a stopgap measure.

My bad negroes

Why u do dis maybe?

>got my 1070 at Best Buy for $400 + tax
>
>beat that niggers

Easy money.

The mid-tier cards (GTX xx70) used to retail for $300 or less. 400 is hardly a good deal

That is 4x Gigabyte 1080s bought for $550 a piece last July.

You're just spending money on something you won't enjoy just to replace it later

Lucky enough to get a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming graphics card for £439, got it around Christmas

Me right just shit out after a house fire the other day. Ran for 3 years almost never getting turned off. My power supply is what I think it was. Had all the Spider-Man games to date and all my good Sup Forums shit too. Fml

You’re spending $50 or less to test out your new rig now, instead of waiting another 6 mos to 1 year.

I got a 1080ti for $720 about two months ago.
i love myself again.

shit sucks but it'll pass

You sold your shit right? Fucking braindead not to

Yeah, the best gains to be had in crypto right now is in hardware. Shits just past the manic phase, but new HW not yet out. Wait any longer, and neither the coins or the HW is going to be worth anything.

Yeah, this is about the worst time in history to be building a computer. Your best bet at the moment is to get one of the budget Ryzen APUs, which is essentially a decent CPU with a fairly decent GPU built-in. Use that for a while, then buy a dedicated GPU once the prices come down.

Nah, still pulling in $800ish a month. Mine and HODL. Why sell my shit when you don't know when prices are going to drop again?

Why would I sell a used gfx card.
Also I have a job, i don't need the money from selling used items.
I have this card to enjoy my free time, which is more valuable than money