/mlb/ general

boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/22/rosenthal-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-red-sox-fire-john-farrell-this-week/

SD:Report: Padres calling up Dinelson Lamet
ARZ:Greinke fans 12, works into ninth vs. ChiSox
ARZ:Goldschmidt slugs 11th home run on Monday
HOU:Giles collects 12th save for first-place HOU
SF:Melancon earns ninth save Monday vs. Cubs
SF:Panik goes 3-for-4 with HR and two doubles
MIN:Miguel Sano hits 12th homer in win over O's
ATL:Jim Johnson nets ninth save Monday vs. PIT
COL:Jeff Hoffman goes seven in victory over Phils
CLE:Carrasco (pectoral) good to go for Tuesday
CLE:Kluber (back) to make rehab start Thursday
CWS:Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49rCc0aCWjI
theonion.com/blogpost/i-am-fun-51731
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MINOR LEAGUES!

Reposting my question from last thread

So I've never followed any sport in my whole life but I decided I needed a new hobby and picked baseball.

How do I become a sport fan? Do I have to play the game? How do I pick a team to follow? I'm canadian so should I just pick the blue jays? Maybe the red socks because even if I don't have any attachment to the USA, I like the word Boston.

Thanks for the help.

Hoping for a win today or maybe sometime this week

MINORS: Eric Gagne retired (again), this time from the Long Island Ducks

Just watch some baseball games, and learn about the team that you follow.

>Archer isn't an Ac-

Injuns

>rags
I got nothing

> cubs
JUST

so are we getting for out next pitcher? It's obvious we can't rely on lackey, anderson, and sometimes arrieta. What do?

>blue jays? Maybe the red socks
You're in luck. Most lifelong Jays fans root for both!

just watch the game and get into basic stats that you hear during game broadcasts.. and if you get into the game and like it don't become a bandwagon piece of garbage like certain rays "fans" I know. stick to your team so when they win it'll be just that much better

holy kek this dude got absolutely shit on

youtube.com/watch?v=49rCc0aCWjI

Is the tank back on or was it it just Greinke being Greinke?

>tfw Melancon is our entire bullpen

>Noting how important it is to make a good first impression, Pittsburgh Pirates rookie first baseman Josh Bell told reporters before Tuesday’s game against the Atlanta Braves that he’s still nervous about chatting with opposing baserunners. “Gosh, I just hope I don’t say anything stupid to them,” said Bell, who was reportedly concerned about coming off as too eager to talk as well as running out of things to say, especially when interacting with some of the league’s more veteran players. “Am I supposed to talk about the game, or are we supposed to discuss other stuff? I don’t want to seem overly friendly, but I also don’t want to seem like an idiot by acting tough or whatever. Maybe I’ll just play it cool and not say anything.”

The onion still sometimes make good stuff.

Onion never got bad
theonion.com/blogpost/i-am-fun-51731

DELET THIS

You forgot Strickland you dumb cunt. He's actually been better than Melancon this year so far

Gold

Strickland was supposed to be the future closer when he was brought in wasn't he?
Law can also be very good
okert can be good when he can throw strikes too.

want to watch bASEBALL

@thehazelmae

First start for Bautista tonite at 3B since 4/14/13 at KC. 3rd appearance of 2017 at 3B and 389 career. #BlueJays #Brewers

On a scale of 1 to shitshow how is he at third?

Has any player un-JUSTED himself more than Archie Bradley this season?

1stros

Thames

Dubs
Tigers

Steroids don't count

Can't really tell. probably god awful, but apparently he has been practicing a lot there. good thing he has an alright arm again

>Archie Bradley
>not Zack Greinke
nigga went from 4.5 ERA right back to Don Drysdale form.

To that faggot last thread who told me McClure was good: Fuck you. He's NEVER been good. ERA isn't a great indicator of good play, but it's a fantastic indicator of bad play, and pitching staffs under McClure have been BAD

>2006 Royals: 5.64 ERA(30th)
>2007 Royals: 4.48 ERA(16th)
>2008 Royals: 4.48 ERA(22nd)
>2009 Royals: 4.83 ERA(26th)
>2010 Royals: 4.97 ERA(29th)
>2011 Royals: 4.44 ERA(27th)
>2012 Red Sox: 4.70 ERA(27th)
>2014 Phillies: 3.79 ERA(20th)
>2015 Phillies: 4.35 ERA(28th)
>2016 Phillies: 4.64 ERA(26th)

He has never been, and will never be a good pitching coach. He hasn't done well with young players, and he hasn't done well with veterans. Save for one single season he hasn't sniffed league average.

>Zack Greinke
>34 million dollar salary
>on the decline of his career with mediocre starter stats.
Are you happy with yourself Arizona?

Gold Glover desu

That's not an Arizona fan you're talking to.

Surely tonight won't be another trainwreck

Damn Joey

He's actually putting up his third best season of his career, which sounds mediocre to say "his third best" considering his best two were of 1.66 and 2.13 ERA and rank among the two best seasons ever by a RHP since the lowering of the mound. He's done excellent in 2017, his velocity is back and he's found a new slider.

10 minutes well spent

Actually it will be. Every night is a new train wreck for you and your team.

MARINERS!
gonna win today desu

>Ichiro has two years left on his contract
Wish I knew that before picking the Marlins in OOTP

No they won't. They never will win again. You are fucked.

>My country doesn't have any Olympians so I don't know which country to cheer for every Olympics for the rest of my life

m8 just go with the freakin Jays and let your patriotism help fuel your fandom.

Most people pick their baseball team based on regional pride anyway, so why should you be any different? Just watch as many games as you can to learn the sport, the positions, the players, the team history, and their relative place against their biggest rivals. Then start listening to the radio broadcasts instead of watching the games as a way to strengthen your understanding of the game (make sure to listen to the post-game wrap to learn more about the game you just heard). If you can make it to games at any point, by all means do it, but learning the finest points of the game is more easily done on TV and radio first (especially as a new adult fan). Save team-focused websites and /mlb/ for last.

tl;dr - Jays, games on TV, then games and commentary on radio, then going to games at the park, then web

Why do you have to be so negative?

>4 parents with similar names
thanks google

*throws a meatball right down the center*

I hope you get raped. Nothing personal, Kid, just business. Now excuse me while I go poop in your shoe.

can it be october yet?

Is that dog high or something?

Which is the best in the United States, for someone who hates baseball and also hates MLB?

What an ugly dog

MARINYAS!

What, friend?

*humps your teddy bear*

Not sure about the dog, but I am.

I'm looking for a place in the USA, where everyone hates baseball and where no one is a fan or follower of MLB (major league baseball)

Costa Rica is spam.

Well. You came to the right place. We all hate baseball here.

...Wyoming maybe?

Oh okay, thanks ORIOLES!

Don't respond to him newfriend

Is Wyoming Soccer More Popular Than Baseball?

Oh, okay.

I'm glad I'm your new friend! How's your team doing this season?

yankees desu

No.
Yaks are fridges only. Yaks anime unravels the delicate balance of meta

Yaks are the coolest animals ever. Fuck you for hating on yaks. I bet you don't even drink yak butter tea.

Any black neighborhood

Yakkity Yak.
Don't talk back.

Cards vs. Dodgers

I want a good, clean, exciting game with plenty of heads-up action, no injuries, and a satisfying victory for the Redbirds.

Go Cardinals!

So, what planet is this that the Rockies and DBacks are on top of the NL West?

Fuck you, you're getting a injury filled catastrophe of a series.

>I don't know why I bother, all new yorkers are yankees fans now.

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder/hamstring
elbow/arm fatigue
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
elbow tenderness/partially torn UCL
finger blister/fingernail/dead arm/biceps/lat tear
arm fatigue/strained flexor tendon
>tfw no old/fat

I don't even remember which pitchers go with which line anymore besides old/fat

Anyone else think Hurdle ran out of gum last night?

Hurdle also ran out of job security too.

Me neither. I'm so confused.

Why does Joe Maddon always look like he should be holding a squeegee in one hand and a 40 of malt liquor in a paper sack in the other? Why does he insist on looking like a fucking hobo?

Because he is a hobo homo. So a hobomo.

Where DID all those Mets fans go

Or maybe pushing a stolen shopping cart full of bottles, aluminum cans and old newspapers.

They turned into Rockies, Yankees, and Astros fans.

well shit if you search players bios on At Bat or Game day it actually includes their official nickname. did not know that

should be fun to see what some players official nicknames are. especially how they compare to unofficial nicknames we usually give them

Lifelong's at that

*hides till march 2018*

and apparently pronunciation

For your sake I hope the world ends before you ever come back, Fatt Harvey.

>el canon

It doesn't have Andres Blanco's nickname(Whitey)

>sam travis called up

yeah sure lets let farrell destroy the confidence of yet another minor leaguer in this failure of a season

how many aces, /mlb/?

Lmao at Boston. Lmao at the Red Sox. Lmao at you.

Is Curt Schillings nickname The Fuhrer?

Trips confirm.

I doubt you're even laughing you autistic little troglodyte

Thanks for moncada and kopech angry frog, you better be scoring runs for snippy chris

I need some water
Something came over me
Way too hot to simmer down
Might as well overheat