People want to talk about LeBron vs MJ or Kareem vs Wilt or Magic vs Bird

People want to talk about LeBron vs MJ or Kareem vs Wilt or Magic vs Bird...

... but the player you don't often see in these discussions is Kobe. He is, hands down the greatest pure 1v1 player of all time. Prime Kobe would dominate any player in a blacktop game of 21 since he's easily the most technically sound and well rounded offensive talent to play the game.

Anyone else agree? I mean the guy basically took MJs moves and updated them. Nobody did it better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaIbSp8pt_0#t=3m16s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too bad basketball is a 5v5 game

Objectively correct.

Too bad he was a selfish asshole

he's mj with slightly worse defense, scoring, passing, shooting and rings. i'd call him mj lite. mj holds the edge over others only because of these things. this in my mind puts him a peg below the other greats.

Go back to class Tyler

Lebron is not even close to Kobes level much less MJ people need to fuck off with that meme. Hopefully it will die when he loses this year

Even MJ himself said the only 1v1 games he'd lose would probably be to Kobe

youtube.com/watch?v=vaIbSp8pt_0#t=3m16s

Its funny how salty jordan fags are

Kobe is just Jordan Lite.

Kobe raped a white girl.

>Detective Loya: So you like to cum in your partner’s face?
>Kobe Bryant: That’s my thing, not always, so I stopped.
>Detective Winters: She's an attractive young lady okay.
>Kobe: She wasn't that attractive.

lol

salty with 6 finals mvps and being undefeated in the finals.

bron bron cucks are the worst. Delusional faggots

Kobe is literally Jordan but worse in every way

>who is allen iverson

>implying Kobe can guard the dream as well as the dream can guard him

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>I mean the guy basically took MJs moves and updated them

you never watched MJ in his prime.

Kobe was almost -ALMOST- MJ level for his 3 best seasons (the closest we've seen to mj anyway), for most of his career he was just a less efficient -lesser- version of mj in pretty much every category except raping tramps in the ass.

If you think Kobe was the cats meow then you would have loved MJ, because Kobe's whole purpose in life was to be MJ. He copied his movies, his shot, his dunks. Yet he never was quite MJ.

Check out that 86 bulls-celtics game where MJ dropped 60+ on the world champion Celtics in the playoffs. His whole team was trash that year, yet he took on 4 future hall of famers singlehandedly in that game, and schooled them all. Some of the shit MJ did with the ball was fucking magic. On a level Kobe will never reach. And this wasn't MJ at his best. He was still slightly right handed in his game at this point in his career, and he hadn't developed his absolutely unstoppable post-fade away jumper yet. That fadeaway was what elevated MJ from one of the greatest players you've ever seen to the single best player to ever play basketball. Mostly because he was almost a 80% shooter with that fadeaway. what type of jump shot is a 80% shot for anyone? That's with a dude with his hand in his face.

or check out some of the "highlight" tapes out there of some of the early bulls championship runs. Jordan was lights out hands down the best player you'll ever see with a basketball.

>Shaq babby
>Phil Jackson babby
>paul gasol babby
>andrew bynum babby
>never the best player on the team during finals win.
>always the best player in win shares when they missed or got bounced early in the offs
>most missed shots all time.

Kobe sucks. #11 of all time, and even that is being generous.

literal meme player

>Kobe is MJ with slightly worse shooting

This

This man knows things. Listen to this man.

Kobe was always at the base of the mountain that is Jordans Legacy, but nobody else has ever come remotely close to Jordans level beside Kobe.

>t.delusional laker fan

Melo is the greatest 1v1 scorer of all time IMO.

Kobe, Lebron, Paul Pierce, literally everyone who's ever guarded him said he was the toughest player EVER to guard. The only problem is his defense sucks and he never surrounded himself with all-star team mates while he was in his prime.

>intentionally threw a finals game because he didnt want shaq to win
>got shaq traded despite the fact he was a GOAT player(seriously wtf was he thinking)
>raped a women then paid her off and then excused himself by saying shaq did it too
>humiliated his wife by making her manipulate the media to save his ass
>never passed the ball
>shat on the lakers organization for years and demanded to be traded
>literally got the league to do everything they could to keep him on the lakers.
>made the lakers eventually give him a "legacy" contract that crippled them for half a decade while they were out of the palyoffs

This is correct. I don't think any high-information (older than 18) sports fan would could disagree.

Glad someone took the time to type this up.

Kobe is my favorite player of all time, but its obvious that MJ must a much more efficient shooter. Kobe had the worst shooting season of all time during his last year.

>>made the lakers eventually give him a "legacy" contract that crippled them for half a decade while they were out of the palyoffs

He doesn't get enough shit for this. That albatross as he sat with torn ligaments and soreness kept the lakers irrelevant for several seasons.

You're trying to bend reality to fit your view. He can do this and that, great. Do you really think he's a more productive scorer than Wilt Chamberlin?

Now Wilt needed someone to get him the ball on the box. But that's okay because we aren't playing a practice drill, but the game of basketball.

Repeat after me: Big men can win with anyone playing guard. Guards need a good / great big man to win. Big men are better because it's the game of basketball, not a skills drill.

*scoring

prime Kobe is an athletic inefficient chucker like Westbrook

>81

let that sink in lecuckholds

mj is quicker, more athletic and gets all the calls.
kobr has a whole lot better range and has a wife who doesnt mind anal.
lelbon travels but doesnt get called for it and a team of people who will insist that he is a good player.

Most truest words ever fucking typed

Kobe will always be compared to Duncan. They both have five rings. Duncan has more Finals MVPs. They play different positions. But the era between Jordan and LeBron belongs to both of them, and they both have some claim to it.

kobe also said b roy was the hardest player to guard

Nah man. I'd take Allen Iverson over him 1 on 1. Hell I'd even take Kyrie Irving over him.

Fuck Kobe.

It took Kobe 20 seasons to do what MJ did in 11.

KEK
>lelbrun carrying his team to the final again