Can he still perform at the elite level in the NFL? He'll be 40 when the season starts...

Can he still perform at the elite level in the NFL? He'll be 40 when the season starts, so one hit could take him out for the season.

>can the current super bowl mvp still perform at an elite level like he did three months ago?
Probably

He'll win the 6th ring this year.

I've been hearing "he's going to decline this year!" talk for like 2-3 years now.

eventually he will, but until I see it happen on the fucking field, I believe in Touchdown Tom

>one hit could take him out for the season.

One hit could take out any player for the season, great ESPN-tier talking point

You act like nothing can happen in seven, let alone three, months.

He'll literally be a walking vegetable by 50 with the amount of concussions he's had that the Pats have hidden from the NFL and media

I miss NFL bros

I feel ya. Relaxed celebrations actually has me looking forward to August and September.

Brady's going to die in Mexico. If Mack doesn't do him in, the cartels will.

What will become of us when Brady retires in 2022? I don't know how I'd handle having a season where we don't go .500

well lets be honest, he has declined since his early days.
Its just normal to not be as athletic as you were when you were 26.
He hasn't hit the "big one" yet, but it is only a matter of time. Especially if he really is taking concussions and other injuries like his wife accidentally leaked. (which I dont see why she would lie about it, sounds like she accidentally told the truth)

No one knows exactly when the big one will strike, but its usually injury related.

Hopefully it's not this year. I really want that three-peat in four years bookend for him.

o god 75% of pat fans are going to vanish when brady is gone arent they

The Pats will be fine until the real GOAT retires

Pats are going to be awful, and I feel bad for McDaniels because he's going to take the black eye for it.

Robert Kraft is mortgaging the future because he knows Bill Belicheat and Tom Brady will retire at the same time. When that happens they will lose a ton of players to free agency and McDaniels will get promoted but inherit a team that has barely even drafted in its final few seasons and will be devoid of talent/draft picks moving forward.
All for "muh Bill-Brady legacy"

I dunno why people think Giselle knows what she's talking about. wishful thinking?

>(which I dont see why she would lie about it, sounds like she accidentally told the truth)

I question her medical knowledge.

>never eaten a strawberry

he will play until hes 50

It's cool if you're in denial. Nobody wishes concussions or CTE on anybody. It's just not something you just make up about your husband with absolutely nothing to gain. She fucked up.

>a wife wouldn't know her husbands physical injuries
>they sleep in the same bed
>share the most intimate moments together
Lad idk how to tell you this, but when you get hemorrhoids and other nasty inconveniences your future wife will know about it.

Thats just life.

I think we'll see more of the 1st half of the super bowl Brady than the 2nd half of SB Brady.

I would, too, but how do you know it's stemmed from Brady confessing it to his wife.

And these guys also beat me to the same point.

HA! The Cartels work for Brady everyone knows that. Brady will be like "Hernandez failed me and hung himself. He did the smart thing and got off easy"..

Speculating he'll be shit or regress without providing evidence as to why will never be as strong as pointing to literally the last game he played

Shit argument, he's literally never thrown a TD in the first quarter of an Owl in 7 attempts, he's always been a slow starter

Brady -might- have one more ring in him but I'm willing to bet it's all down hill from here. However, he is the GOAT, and will probably be top 10 or even 5 for another half decade, and at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if he was still playing at a NFL mediocre in his 50s.

>He's literally never thrown a TD in the first quarter...

>He's never thrown a TD in the first quarter...

K?

>Of an Owl

Is it far-fetched to speculate about a soon-to-be 40yo athlete in a full-contact sport?

It's far-fetched to make that assumption off his age alone considering he played at his highest level the year before after 4 years of continuous improvement

What is so magically different about your body at 40 than 39? Why is 40 so special?

As long as he doesn't get an acl tear etc he will be fine. Qb isn't the most athletically demanding position and the reason most players are done at 30~ is they start slowing down lose agility etc. Power doesn't go until after the 40s (assuming injury free) and reactions won't noticeably drop. The main issue is injuries it takes longer to recover and it could become a mental thing, you might get scared of taking hits then it's over

I guess it's just the mystique of an athlete making it to 40, regardless of skill level.

its a lot easier to eye test diagnose hemorrhoids (bleeding from the ass and weird bumps around the asshole) than a concussion.

I think she's a wife worried about the health of her husband who plays a rough physical sport and she's assuming the worst. I just think this is getting overblown(like most things with the Pats) and I haven't been presented with anything to make me think otherwise.

Tom Brady's 2016 season was actually very arguably his best season ever. His volume stats aren't there because he only played 12 games, but in terms of per game efficiency he was off the charts. His deep ball was as good as it has ever been in his whole career (best in the NFL for 2016), his mental game surpasses peyton manning's as evidenced by setting the TD/INT record, his passes are as accurate as ever, and he actually has added a bit of mobility to his game that didn't used to be there before 2015. It is wishful thinking to hope that all of that is going to just disappear over the course of 7-8 months.

>thinks this is a sound argument.

>his mental game surpasses peyton manning's as evidenced by setting the TD/INT record

how so?

dak had a 23/4 td/int ratio doesn't mean he's mentally superior to aaron rodgers or drew brees

Judging by my life, nothing will happen to him for at least a decade

also I thought brady was shaky in the playoffs and i'm not even a hater

that texans game was won by brock osweilers' ineptitude and Brady was just plain bad for the first half of the super bowl, he even admitted he didn't think he played well.

the track record of 40 year old athletes is horrific and even in quarterbacks the only two who had notable success at 40 were Favre and Moon.

you can't beat father time man, if the pats had full confidence in Brady they would have traded Jimmy G

Giselle wants him to retire

Brady/Brees/Rodgers are on another level from Dak. That much is obvious. Dak had a great season in terms of effeciency, but he is hardly an elite QB yet. When it is close in terms of mental game between quarterbacks (IE Brady and Manning) you have to split hairs to determine the better. Brady is and always has been better at protecting the ball, but it was taken to another level this season. Also, what really sets Brady apart is 90% of the time Brady has already won before the ball is even snapped because he knows where the defense is going to be, gets into the right play and burns teams. He looks off DBs and hits tight windows effortlessly. 'every good QB in the league does that' you might say, but nobody does it better or more often than Brady. 'Manning did the same thing though' you might also say. Hence why I brought up TD/INT. Manning was always more prone to making mistakes when reading coverages.

The Texans had a great defensive scheme dialed in vs. the Patriots passing attack, no doubt. They crowded the short/intermediate routes with man and zone and left a single safety deep, and relied on their pass rush to get to Brady. It is the best way to beat the Patriots. That said the Brady still led the offense to 28 points vs. the best overall defense in the league. In years past the Patriots probably lose that game because Brady couldn't hit the deep ball as consistently after his ACL tear in 2008. However his deep ball was tremendous last season, and if you ever watch that game again you'll see that Brady absolutely killed the Texans with deep passes and pocket mobility he hasn't had in years past.

I'd also argue that the first of those 2 INTs was not Brady's fault because the ball bounced off of Michael Floyd's hands, so his stat line looks worse than it actually was because of that.

Kek

interceptions aren't always from a bad decision making error, inaccuracy or low velocity can cause one too.

I don't really know if you can say who had the better mental edge unless you played with them, different quarterbacks are given different levels of control.

You're just speculating, and I think Brady is better, but it's more because of his fortitude and leadership.

this hit a little too close to home

They aren't always a decision making error, but we aren't talking about a single game here. We are talking about a career's worth or seasons worth of INTs. At some point it has to be a "weakness" in peyton's reads that leads to him throwing more picks. I say that in quotes because obviously Peyton is one of the best at all time in that department.

If you are looking for first hand account, I can't remember the players name, but the OL that played for both the Colts and the Pats said something to the effect of Brady would call out defenses or blitzes more than Manning.

A better question is can he remember his kids names by 43?

I didn't know that Kellerman posts on Sup Forums

>No one knows exactly when the big one will strike, but its usually injury related.

You do realize this statement literally applies to every single person that plays professional football, right? Dudes careers end out of the blue all the time.