Travelling to Spain

Next month I will be going to Spain for two weeks. Now, I know no Spanish, know very little about Spain, and am going only because I was offered the opportunity.

Any tips and/or suggestions?

I will be spending around 5 days to a week in Madrid and Barcelona, taking a bus between the two during transit, stopping by historical monuments, especially churches.

1) Don't forget to bring your your high-SPF sunscreen.
2) Never, ever, put your wallet in your trousers' back pockets.
3) Walk on the shadow whenever possible.
4) Pretend to be deaf and mute when around beggars and gypsies; avoid eye contact as well.
5) Try not to stand in the middle of some square or crowded street with your hands on your hip holding some unfolded map.
6) Don't tip outside of bars/restaurants.
7) Keep in mind most Spaniards do not understand English, be them shop assistants, waiters or tourist guides.
8) Beware of cunning taxi drivers that will try to rip you off by going around in cycles.

Good tips, all of these. Thank you!

Don't try to find something open between 2 and 5

it is not a zone war , what the fucking fuck are you saying

gypsies live in Andalucia(mainly) he is saved in Madrid and Barcelona (well here tons of moroccans and romanian gypsies)

we need to eat you know Jean Pierre?

OP is probably some 20 year-old from deep Arkansas who has never been abroad and probably does not even know what "salida" means, those advices will help him. I don't think I exaggerated or anything.

It wasn't said in an insulting manner. I actually find it awesome

21, Texas. Been to a couple of places, but nowhere outside of an English speaking country.

Very close.

> Madrid in July
kek

The best way to travel from Madrid to Barcelona is by train - check renfe.com for tickets. I believe you can browse their website in English.

Spain is not a warzone, like says. In fact we're one of the safest countries in the world. Simply be careful with your stuff like you would do in any big city - don't lose sight of your wallet when riding the metro or visiting crowded / touristic places and so on.

I live in Madrid. Go join walking tours in Madrid and Barcelona, as they will save you some time. From Madrid, you can make day trips to beautiful Toledo (50min by bus, tickets in Plaza Elíptica underground), Segovia (1h bus from Moncloa) or Ávila (1-2h by train from Atocha or Chamartín).

If you want to go to the beach, avoid Barcelona city beaches. They are dirty and they're full of retarded Brits. You may take a short train ride (less than 30m) to Gavà, Castelldefels, Sitges or Premiá de Mar which feature real beaches. And DON'T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN. There's nothing that screams stupid tourist more than a burned skin.

I recommend you thefork.com for interesting discounts in restaurants. You don't even need an account and you can make a reservation like an hour before arrival.

Still,
> Madrid in July
my sides

From what I understand, the climate in most of Spain is pretty similar to what I'm used to here in Texas.

Dry, heat.

Yesterday it was 41 degrees out and it's not even July yet.

It's not humid at all, is it?

smoke le ebin weed in barcellona :DDD
and hashish :DDD

Madrid is very dry, Barcelona is humid due to the sea.

Madrid maybe isn't humid but get prepared for Barcelona

there is only one thing you need to know:

Spaniards are a minority in the petty criminal "community".

Beware of brown people (mainly maghrebians and latin-americans), and Eastern Europeans (Romanians, Bulgarians, Ukranians...)

Those are the dangerous ones.

>Dry, heat.
In Madrid yeah
In a couple of days it'll be 39ºC

Near the coast it's obviously humid

Cheers, lads.

Had a chat with a couple of folks about gypsies already. Dirty fucking Romanians.

i am Mexican visiting your country man, do you hate me?

>From what I understand, the climate in most of Spain is pretty similar to what I'm used to here in Texas.
more like California

>Madrid in July
as if Madrid in May isn't hot already.

Anyway, Spain is beautiful bruh, you'll have a great time.

>Madrid is hot
Get on my level

I do not hate you, especially if you are just visiting.

I have met a few good Mexicans, but many sudamericanos that come here are scum. They were already scum in their country and come here to build their smelly "latin king" thug gangs.

They should be deported.

We might speak the same language, but our culture and inclinations are very different, m8.
For most people at least.

All sudaca should be deported from Iberia as well as gypo, moor and slavic trash, incompatible social elements.

T. Knower

everybody will try to scam you. thats what tourists are for and meds are pretty good at it.

dont compare us with you moor scum

i had been in both spain and italy. you are no better. your taxi drivers are even more greedy than ours.

Can confirm, Iberian genes make me unable to rob or harm others.

I just got back from my 6th trip to Madrid, it was absolutely hot as balls but yes it's a dry heat and I've experienced absolute humidity in 40+ weather in Asia this was way more tolerable

>brazil lite

It's not awesome, it fucking sucks. I'm here doing nothing until I return to the office. Two wasted hours desu.

I know this feel. Every fucking day...

My life is so pathetic. I feel like a character of one of those Coen brothers' movies.

These small details like the boring two hours eating alone just make it worse.

Can't wait to get the summer schedule in july

>greedy
What do you even mean
Taxi prices are regulated so you can't get scammed or end up paying outrageous amounts like in other countries (such as Sweden)

taxi prices are regulated in turkey too. they make a detour since you you dont know the city. also they dont open the taximeter and ask for fixed price during busy hours.

>also they dont open the taximeter and ask for fixed price during busy hours.
In Madrid? I've never seen or heard about anything like that. The prices are also displayed in the windows, I think it's even in English.

I hate the cheating culture in Spain, but I don't think what you're saying is common enough to consider it an issue.

happened me in rome. in madrid only detour shit. when i told my friend how much it cost to reach his flat from airport, he laughed his ass off. apparently it should have costed 1/3rd of that. taxi driver took longest route possible to boost price and i couldnt tell since i dont know the city.

Spain is really not dangerous. Very safe country.
But he is right about tipping, taxi drivers, and ignoring beggars.

We like Mexico and Mexicans. Total bros.

user was probably referring to the gangs of Dominicans and Salvadorians who are turning some neighbourhoods into Los Angeles.

HAHAHAHAH

en Madrid y Barcelona les roban a los turistas continuamente
Mientras estan sentados en una plaza les tiran de la maleta y ni se enteran, y como son turistas lo mas seguro es que no hagan una denuncia
t. never lived in a big city

You know that Los Angeles is full on gangs because of mexicans right?