I tried, I really did

I'm a lonely depressed fuck. I sit at home all day doing fuckall and I have no friends. I don't even have the motivation to shower or take care of basic hygeine. Not only that, but I'm also into noisy music. I should be at a perfect disposition to enjoy Loveless. But I don't. It does basically nothing for me. I've given it a few intent listens, and listened to it passively several times. I have no idea how the fuck this album feels lonely and depressing to people. It sounds like happy alt rock but drenched in layers and layers of reverb.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbgWjujwvwo
discord.gg/3UQYGWC
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuhrer, proof that virgins will NEVER understand Loveless!

yet another victim of the "Loveless is for depressed people" meme
it has some emotional variety but it mostly leans towards the happier side, with Sometimes being the only "real" sad song

listen to Slowdive instead
youtube.com/watch?v=mbgWjujwvwo

>It sounds like happy alt rock
That's because it is you ding dong.

>I have no idea how the fuck this album feels lonely and depressing to people
where did you ever hear this? the album is clearly joyful and optimistic

never really got it either. it's full of very well made pop songs, but it never screamed "best piece of music ever and absurdly complex" like some people say it is.
wish i could like it more

well for me it feels incredibly nostalgic and lonely. i suppose you couldn't relate to the sound.

How good are you with seeing sound in your head? Loveless is only as enjoyable as your imagination makes it.

You need to be alpha and a high IQ to understand Loveless.

listen to industrial

This comment barely deserves a reply. Here's your (You).

literally who is everyone about talking about ITT?

nah, for slowdive you need a narcicistic streak, not being a lazy bum.

the music is very pretty and bittersweet. but your description of yourself makes you look like a disgusting loser, so no wonder you don't get it

i always wondered if people who call loveless a pop album refer to all rock as pop or they just make loveless an exception for some reason

It's an album of mediocre pop songs drowned in effects? What's not to get about that?

try this

except for their debut and their last album, MBV is firmly within pop boundaries

>i always wondered if people who call loveless a pop album

It kinda is, tho. The drums on I Only Said are so chill sounding. It doesn't really "rock". Come In Alone and Only Shallow are the only rock tracks on the album, and that too mainly due to Kevin's beastly strumming.

You're emotionally approaching it wrong. It's not supposed to be for super depressed moods. It's more of a dreamy vibe. Good for dissasociating, maybe being stoned. It's supposed to feel warm.

It's not strictly depression it's sorta melancholy with the feeling of being loveless (obviously).
check the lyrics out while listening

Listen to eyehategod. Alternatively, listen to Dick Dale.

you want depressed wall of guitars, you listen to jesu

It's one of the original meme albums, and everyone here knows it.

Loveless isn't for feeling sad, I don't know where you got the impression from

>my bloody valentine
>album named 'loveless'

wot mate

you could just listen to it

ween - the pod

Listen to Laughing Stock or, Spirit of Eden, by Talk Talk.

It's baby's first shoegaze, you fell for a meme. That's not to say that it's bad, it's okay, but not much else.

Are you retarded?

idk why people still aren't bad for these kind of shitposts

watch Lost in Translation

discord.gg/3UQYGWC

It's not a shitpost and Loveless is far from a masterpiece people here almost unanimously praise to be.

>Loveless is far from a masterpiece

Loveless is better than every single rock oriented album out there. Prove me wrong.

I can't prove you wrong, since you already have the idea of Loveless being the best album ever deeply rooted into yourself and that will not change for a long, long time, if ever.

>The drums on I Only Said are so chill sounding. It doesn't really "rock"
Why are the Beatles even considered a rock band then

Beatles are a pop band masked as a rock one, same as Deafheaven are a screamo band masked as a black metal one.

I honestly always thought the same. I mean some songs like Back in the URSS do feel like rock but I never understood how there are more people calling, for example, Weezer's Pinkerton a pop album than there are saying the same about Sgt. Pepper. Same with Radiohead

Loveless is for people who've truly been in love before - with an actual partner, not just a creepy one-sided obsession.

I think Have a nice life is more for you, or other balding-outcast-core

Your first girlfriend you broke after three weeks during the first grade of high school doesn't count as.