What guitar does Sup Forums play?

What guitar does Sup Forums play?
Heres my model.

I've got 20, which one do you want to know about?

Schecter Guitar Research Banshee Elite-8 Eight-String

I just made this thread to see if any of my fellow Sup Forumsros played guitar. If you care enough, which one is your favorite? Pic related is probably is my favorite because i got like 4. Pretty good guitar and tone for 400 dollars new.

I have a 1998 Jackson USA Soloist one-piece.
Looks like this pic except I removed the middle pickup...

Also have an 80,s Charvel that's been highly "modified".

es-339? Love mine. take off the black cover!

i love my strat and my used washburns i pick up for a couple hundred bucks apiece. i've got a $3k les paul that i never play, it's like carrying around a tree trunk. i like my ibanez models, but swear to god the cheap washburns are the most playable guitars i have. my best sounding acoustic is also a washburn

Tele with Tex-Mex pickups. Best guitar I’ve ever owned.

You are not the guitar you play. Identifying with how a guitar looks is like identifying with how a painting sounds.

Consumerism is ALL THE WAY up your ass.

Latest purchase
Ibanez RGA Series RGA742FM 7-String
Distortion is less to be disired with stock pickups but cleans are beautiful

2010 Gibson SG

Love my guitar

two modified fender mex strats, X-series washburn with floyd rose, few 'coustics and modified epiphone. btw anyone who's not at least a prof musician and has a 3000-5000+ Gibson is a retard. no wonder they're slowly going bankrupt. Solid epi with mods get the job done. Better to buy a great tube amp than piss money away on overpriced bs. that's my 2 cents

>epiphone

I sold my Ibanez prestige guitars before they lost all value, I'd like a nice guitar now but idk what to get

i hear that good guitar players can do with as little as six strings!

Holy shit you are so far up your own ass.
Dude is just trying to have fun looking at other people's guitars and stuff.
Go be an angry friendless dickhole somewhere else.

i always hated those kind of people, i am no guitar god myself, but i hate those people who can only play piss easy power chord songs but have an expensive gibson.

As long as you are using all the strings, I see no problem with giving yourself the option to play an even greater range. Hating on 7 or 8-string guitars just because a lot of people only play shitty djent on them is completely retarded.
Steve Vai designed and played a 7 String...

Had this for a while. Was stolen after a gig in Glasgow, alongside my entire pedal board and an amp, as well as my band mates kit.

I decided to stop gigging shortly after.

I had a dozen guitars at one point and a Mesa full stack but realized I'd rather have one nice electric guitar than a handful of compromises. Still don't know what that nice guitar is going to be. I'll never let go of an acoustic though, I feel connected to those more than electric for some reason.

I've been playing guitar for 25 years and I can tell you that people used to compare the sound guitars made not the way they looked.

The world has changed from people that do shit to people that take pictures of shit. They identify with what they buy, not what they do. From 4x4's that never go off road to expensive folding knives that are never used people have become over identified with the shit they buy.

If I met someone with a six string banjo I'd call him a faggot. Part of the art is playing the instrument how it was designed. Segovia was great because he had an extra string, and I don't need a special guitar to play Segovia pieces.

Black strat, leftie. Rather hard to find.

I think my guitar is acoustic

If you want more strings get a piano

Tosin Abasi completely deserves his 8-string. Dude's an artistic genius

PRS CU24.

2004 Fender 50th anniversary amercian start three color sunburst rosewood neck
2005 Gibson SG standard ebony
2006 Fender mexican jazz bass deluxe series black
2012 Fender american telecaster candy red maple neck
2017 or 2018 idk limited edition Gibson ebony j45 cutaway

If he's such a musical genius why did he think he had to reinvent the wheel? It's not innovative to have more of the same notes. My car isn't cooler if I put extra wheels on it. Play a fucking harp. Same goes for open tune fags. I get so pissed when some idiot grabs my guitar and fucks the tuning up so he can play his girlfriends favorite modest mouse song

dicktar

t. Dad-rocker who hangs out in Guitar Center and plays "Stairway To Heaven"

Same with people who buy sports cars right? If you're not a professional race car driver, then buy a Kia for Christs sake. Or maybe people who buy top of the line tools but they're not a professional tradesman. Assholes.

Seriously. Kill yourself.

What are you some prog rock fag? You listen to nigger music with your friends? I'm 25 just sick of faggots gating everything up for the last 25 fucking years.

Gaying*

Faggots are GAYING everything up

ITT: faggots and music snobs.

I say play the instrument that feels right and inspires you to play and write. If that's a 3k Gibson, great. If it's a $60 used squier, also awesome. If it has 7 strings, that's pretty cool. Want to get it done with the standard six? Go for it.

Fuck all of you judgemental dickwads.

Every note on the guitar has a different sound frequency so it's not the same. Adding extra strings can widen the musical choices you can make..unique chord extensions and the like. Abasi found his sound and some people dig it. You don't NEED 7-8 stringed to play great music, but if you want to push limits what can be done on an instrument, technique- and sound-wise etc, extended range is a great addition. don't be so salty

Epiphone...teehee

PRS cust 24 Brazilian artist. Was a gift, otherwise I'd have picked something slightly less flashy. Plays and sounds super nice though.

Can't say the same for that amp. Nothing but problems.

My weapon of choice. G5620T, slightly customized with TV Jones Classic and Classic Plus pickups and a Tru-Arc aluminum bridge.

Middle one is a kit guitar ...gonna flame it...put some locking tuners..custom bridge ..yeah love the epi les paul 1960 tribute

i have this d’angelico premier series exl-1 i do joe pass jazz type shit so it slaps

SG I just got last year. Wasn't sure if I'd like the gold hardware and alpine white combo, but it's cool looking in person. Other than having to go through 2 guitars before finding a good one, I'm pretty happy with it. Plays and sounds great, plus it's light.

there's a difference. Kia won't go as fast as a sports car but u can get a great sound using pedals and good amp with a medium price range guitar so your shitty example doesn't qualify. If u got money to piss away, sure, do whatever you want even if u can get the same thing for a lower price but being an idiot is anyone's prerogative. cheers...idiot.

Haha. You're such a faggot.

Why do you care so much about the gear other people are buying?

DOES IT DJENT?

why do you care so much if I care, faggot

Whats wrong with epiphone?

I asked first, faggot.

fuck off, Eugene. You're boring.

Nothing. You can make some great sounds with em. I prefer to overpay for the Gibson logo because reasons though.

I don't care what they do but I deserve my right to disrespect it. Just like tattoos. I don't care if you get one but I will say it looks stupid.

couldnt agree more. worked as a guitar salesmen for a while and man did old guys love fight for their brand loyalty. But when it comes down to it if it feels nice and sounds nice TO YOU then its a good guitar regardless of price (Which tends to be more achievable if you mod). got a old epi les paul with john petrucci signature pickups in it and has worked for me for years in the studio and live.

how 90's... (that's a compliment, btw)

Playing this beauty the Cort g260 (open pores) beautifull guitar. my dream guitar would be a pensa mk1

with myself

A gretsch is likely my next purchase...

Nice guitar.

*reserve not deserve

anything Gibson. The company is about to go bankrupt soon, and when that happens all their guitars will soar in price because they're no longer produced.

Ayre

Backside cort g260

sure, if u put it that way. tattoos are 4 posers anyway, fuck'em

They'll restructure and probably be shit for a while, but I doubt the brand will go away.

I love my new SG, but holy fuck their quality control is such shit. I went through 2 guitars before I kept the one I have now.

I don't care what you care or don't care about, just came by to tell you that, very important shit, thanks for sharing btw fuck you very much, cheerio lol.

I want one of these, but i am pretty sure they stopped making em, and now they are around 700-1000$.

I'd never invest in any Les Paul post 1995, some are good yeah, but as you say -the quality control is out the window.

Gibson Thunderbird 4-string bass, then I have a Fender P and S bass. Sorry no pics on phone away from home.

All this hate for people just trying to be creative and have something nice that they like...

>Part of the art is playing the instrument how it was designed
so go scream at a piano player for not playing a cembalo, faggot.
>wut is evolution?

noice

sorry to hear that bruh, they're really fucking people over. Guess if you are one the leading brands for so long, at a certain point of time you just stop giving a fuck...now they'll hopefully pay for it...for a while at least. get their shit straight

not even Sup Forums is safe from Sup Forums snobs

Thanks dude. I highly recommend these things. They have a line of Korean made hollow and semi hollows that are in the $700 - $1000 range now as opposed to only having entry level or high level ones, so you can get a good gretsch without refinancing your house.

Gibsons sound, play and feel better. It's not the logo, it's not the hype. It just is.

My dick

I'd never invest in any Les Paul post 1995, some are good yeah, but as you say -the quality control is out the window.

Yeah, I was super pissed off because I had to order it to play it, and it came with a fucked up bridge the first time (somehow they cross threaded the tailpiece screws). I ended up waiting 2 more weeks to get one that wants fucked up, and they sent out a returned and blemished one.

fuck you, faggot.

Thunderbird studio 2006

I get your point, but guitars are also beautifull pieces of craftsmanship, so let them enjoy this

Fuck you and your "back in my day" bullshit. People have always been materialistic assholes, and other people have always mocked them for it. Find a new hill to die on.

I have a few. 90's LTD guitar, early 00's LP Studio, Fender Dimension bass and pic related Yamaha BB414.

That Yamaha bass is my favorite of the bunch. Nothing special in appearance or feel but man those stock passive pickups are great. I have upgraded the stock bridge but everything else is standard on it. I was sad when Yamaha stopped making these. Their new line of budget basses aren't nearly as good.

I post my guitars once in awhile on Sup Forums

Metal shredder here.

Learned on Gibsons and USA Fenders as a teenager. When I got gud I used Ibanez, Schecter, ESP, and Gretsche. Eventually landed on Jackson and have been exclusively collecting them since.

Guitars are completely subjective, and taste changes over time. Now I would prefer to *play* on a Jackson, but of course I would prefer to *own* a beautiful Gibson.

I am an L2K kinda guy, love these things.

nice, second from the right looks very Santana

got a les paul model knockoff with Pasadena written on the headstock, not a clue what brand it is since i cant find shit on it. learned basic shit on it with a marshall 8040 valvestate.

last week i decided to upgrade to an all tube 120w peavey vypyr and ordered an exotic wood PRS which will arrive on monday

PRS 24 Custom Top 10, and Lakewood M-32CP

Currently Own:

Dean Dime ML (My every day workhorse for playing heavy and down-tuned riffs)
Dean ML '79 (when I want a more classic rock vibe)
Agile 2800 (My Frankenstein. true Bill Lawrence L-500XL ((Holy-moly these things)) in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan in the neck)
Peavy Cirrus 4 BXP (pretty groovy low cost bass)

Have owned and gotten rid of for one reason or another:
Gibson Les Paul Studio (Amazing guitar... I guess I got lucky and got a great one 1st try as this thing was FLAWLESS, just never played it so I sold)
Aria Pro II 5-string (Don't remember the model)
Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX FR

Next on my list to get is a PRS Custom 24

Playing through a Seymour Duncan Convertible 100 tube amp and a Blackstar ID CORE Stereo 100

posted my strat earlier today. this is a mid-2000's mexican Stratocaster I fitted with custom shop pups and a new tremolo system. bought it second hand for $500 and spent another $400 on upgrades.
pedals im using are a Jekyll & Hyde dual overdrive/distortion, ibanez tube screamer, MXR dyna comp, MXR micro amp, and TC electronics ditto looper running straight into a custom Vox AC15

My amps and the PRS i ordered is an exotic ebony Tremonti SE custom

What is that Alembic looking one 2nd from the right?

one of mah guitars

I love Guild guitars... very under appreciated I think.

The headstock on that is neato.

No...

Fuck YOU faggot

1953 ES 350
1989 ES 175
1998 L4 CES

I instantly felt the difference in the neck (particularly the fretting) on the Gibson vs the epi... it's essentially why I paid 1399 for the Gibby. I feel less like I can distinguish between the sound of them though.