Who are some musicians with legit Aspergers/high functioning autism?

Who are some musicians with legit Aspergers/high functioning autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pmy1-3kK15g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm going to take a wild guess and say all of the ones you like

me

It's just speculation but I think pic related is autistic

Gary Numan is actually confirmed right?

i'm a bedroom musician and most likely on the autism spectrum

I have a real conundrum with my music though. I have an almost savant like ability to write music, harmonies, melodies yet what normies connect to in music (emotional lyrics, true meaning) is almost completely absent in my music
all my lyrics are just nonsensical meaningless tripe

this leads me to a feeling that all my music is pretentious garbage.

What are you talking about dude she's an advanced fairy goddess blah blah blah
She is a fucking RETARD end of story

Byrne is in the spectrum right?

also no matter how many people tell me they like my music I feel like a fraud and a hack

I'm not an artist I'm just talented at writing music

Autistic people get called retarded all the time by lesser minds

He has said he suspects he is an Aspie but has never been tested.

Jesus that's fucking harsh dude. I'm sorry you feel that way. But plenty of sick shit has next to no lyrical substance. It's fine, really.

I think he said he thought he may have been, but I just think he comes off as somebody who's just really eccentric. Sort of a David Lynch type. Lots of quirks that give off some vibe of not being neurotypical, but when you analyze them they aren't really autistic traits.

I don't know. I feel like I've abused my talent to feel approved by others to the point where I'm not sure what music I even want to make anymore. I used to have fun making music but now I can't stop thinking "I wonder if people will like this". even if the music is good it doesn't feel sincere

I think most people get caught up in that. Despite what individualists believe, we do things for the benefit of others as much as for ourselves. We're social creatures and it's natural for people to use music for that purpose in one way or another. I converted one of my friends into the world of Death Grips and Godspeed easily enough. But most of the people I tried using music to relate to were like, "Aaaahhhhh shit no what is this". Things changed in that regard.

Don't give up. I guarantee there are people out there who can connect with your work. The Owl City guy was in a similar position before getting signed to a major label.

David Byrne also exhibits some "autism" traits, but is still loved by lots of people (including myself) for his quirks.

Is that Arin? He really autistic?

I won't give up on music but I'm not going to get any big ideas. I also will probably never play live due to severe social anxiety

Chief Keef actually does have Aspergers' Syndrome

There's loads of them apparently.

Have you considered writing metal. Haha, im joking but I'm pretty socially inept and compose metal and find comfort in it's fictional, theatrical aspect. I just write short horror stories and write lyrics about the tales.

Aphex Twin definitely has some tism

J MASCIS

Based autism music man

Gary numan

Yeah, that's what Numan said for an interview.

Actually confirmed

What you described reminds me of 90% of artists that went down in history as avant-garde/underground greats.
Remember, there's always an audience for something. A huge amount of people dig experimental stuff that's considered borderline unlistenable by normies

Try sending some of your stuff to experimental or avant-garde labels. They usually love beat poetry esque lyrics

Is Maus actually autistic or is it just a meme?

You mean to tell me you're basically the rainman of music and you wanna waste it on other people's taste? You're an insult to musicians. Write what you think is cool or take up something else you suck at like everyone else.

Made me laugh but I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

All 3 are for sure

I envy you, what musicians do you look up to?

youtube.com/watch?v=pmy1-3kK15g