I watched the two first Twilight movies...

I watched the two first Twilight movies, Twilight (2008) and New Moon (2009) on Netflix this weekend and i think they both were really ok, i give them 7.5/10 and 7.0/10.

But looking at the Imdb ratings the whole Twilight series ranked very low and comments were really negative.

- Was it another social climate back in 2008/2009?
- Was it the Twilight book readers who were disappointed?
- Am i a total moron liking the Twilight Series?

Anyway i will watch the rest, Eclipse (2010) and Breaking Dawn 1 (2011) and Breaking Dawn 2 (2012) this weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=twilight
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
youtu.be/HG2DQq2hr5U
youtube.com/watch?v=SDs9eRPpakA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keep us posted OP

They were before their time, people weren't ready for the cultural wave that had been triggered and it created a lot of dissent. Internet usage tended to be correlated with a dislike, an almost feral rejection juxtaposed with modern technology. So they rated it poorly.

But oddly enough the first film, and the series in general, created an environment today in which they themselves can enjoy a better perspective on their merits and contributions in the eyes of first time watchers such as yourself.

There's a lot to enjoy here, and a lot to reflect on in this series. Many bold choices are made and the artistry of this particular subgenre is nowhere displayed better.

just like it was cool to hate bieber fever or whatever else little kids think its cool to hate.

Finale of Breaking Dawn Part 2 was surprisingly good. Much better than finale of Harry Potter 7.2

Eclipse was the best imo

Twilight (2008) is a great movie. very moody and atmospheric, and Hardwicke was really outdoing herself.
The YA genre never could or will likely replicate the success of Twilight or Harry Potter.

The baseball sequence is one of the most stylish things I've seen in the past decade of big budget American films[/spoilers]

The first one had a nice atmosphere i'll give it that.

Looking at lifetime worldwide grosses at Box Office Mojo the Twilight Series is not that bad at all. The movies made like $700 million to $830 million per movie and the whole Twilight series grossed over $3,3 billion in total:

boxofficemojo.com/search/?q=twilight

And the most successful of the Twilight movies, Breaking Dawn 2 actually made it to rank 54 by lifetime gross:

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

So the Twilight Series IMDB scores does not seem to match their success at all.

When did we come to this?I came here to talk about Bergman or Kubrick but this, this is stupidity, this is arrogance.

They are Comfy Kino, imo. The first 2 give me a safe warm feeling when I watch them, probably because they came out when I was in high school and life was simpler. They are pretty bad, but enjoyable to watch.

>Was it the Twilight book readers who were disappointed?
Naw, a bunch of neckbeards who probably didn't see it but couldn't stand the idea of media being created specifically for female audiences.

>I came here to talk shitpost about superhero films and game of thrones
ftfy mein freund

Don't even bother watching either Breaking Dawn. Just stop after Eclipse.

Twilight was alright not my cup of tea but it wasn't all bad
The rest are awful

>Was it the Twilight book readers who were disappointed?
No it was just Reddit-tier people like Nostalgia Critic
youtu.be/HG2DQq2hr5U

>Implying any sane person didn't hate Bieber after they heard him

kubrick a shit

the first one was comfy. never seen the other ones.

>surprisingly good
>Haha just kidding everyone it was all a dream and the battle we were building up to for 2 movies is over and everyone is just going to go home
Yeah, that was some great shit right ther .

Wow that was intense.

>Was it another social climate back in 2008/2009?
Bunch of fan girls and teenagers m(mainly fat band geeks who couldnt get BF's) were excited. I saw most of the girls and even a few teachers reading it, they'd have movie nights at school or somebodys house and there were even times were a teacher would stop teaching and discuss the book with the girls in class while we sat in the back and didt nothing so it benefited me.
Iit was basically 50 shades of grey for teenagers

>- Was it the Twilight book readers who were disappointed?
couldnt tell you. Aside from the team edward vs jacbo nonsense everyone seemed to like them. Though as they want on Ii knew some girls who said the later movies werent all that great

>Am i a total moron liking the Twilight Series?
no, and who gives a fuck anyway? Like what you like and be happy. the first one was comfy as fuck with its rainy seattle setting and had QT actresses. Ill fight anyone that says its not at least comfy

its basically capeshit for girls. Lower your standards and enjoy it

>really ok
>7

Nah mate your ratings are fucked

A really okay should be 5-6.

It was better than the book where literally nothing happened at all.

Twilight 1 is comfy-teir.
Breaking Dawn Part 1 features Bella's deterioration really well.
Others are rough to sit through.

The only way to watch these is with Rifftrax.

youtube.com/watch?v=SDs9eRPpakA