So I finally sat down and watched this fucking thing, and I guess I'm stupid because I didn't get it, I think?

So I finally sat down and watched this fucking thing, and I guess I'm stupid because I didn't get it, I think?

Humans are nothing more than animals who love sex, violence and stimuli; true goodness doesn't exist and everything is ultimately nothing but a struggle for dominance and power. Is that it? Did I get it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g8XChxQBmHY
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8617YZ2YE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep. It's bleak and somewhat true.

What's to get? It's just an entertaining story about a forcibly reformed criminal finding life is much worse for him once he becomes a "better" person.

It's cool how the scenery in the movie correlates to the mental state of the main character; you see the world through his eyes and when he's more crazy the world looks more crazy.

Hmm, not "humans" per se but him, he is a psycho and he is telling you his story. Also I can't really see where's the God subject

The major theme is the disparity between free will.choice and order/control. The movies asks the viewer to question the use of immoral tactics against an immoral person. It's easy to be against bad behavior against good people, but is harder when it's bad behavior to bad people.

>Humans are nothing more than animals who love sex, violence and stimuli;

But that's something a 16 year old who doesn't know shit would say. Coming from a 23 year old who doesn't know shit, we should realize that it is IN our nature but we don't have to be that.

>but we don't have to be that.
like what and how to stop being about sex violence and stimuli?

activities about sex and food are the two activities where you encounter the most diversify of likes and dislikes. it is retarded to want to control them and judge them

Youth culture in England becoming more and more decadent

Metaphor for tumultuous times growing up

you dumb fuck

What would Kubrick think of shitposting on an anonomyous imageboard and being addicted to (You)'s?

he would think we should all kill ourselves or die trying

I think he would see it as an interesting psychology experiment.

Literally social experiment the website.

Burgess' point is deeper. A society without spiritualism is a depraved one. This concept is explored much better in The Wanting Seed

>Hmm, not "humans" per se but him, he is a psycho and he is telling you his story.

But what geniunely good person is there in this film?

There's the priest, and the way his character is introduced is by having him talk about hell and how you must fear god's wrath, so you could argue that he isn't truly good either, he only does so because of his faith.

This, also the film is also about christianity.

thats what i view it as and you want to know what ive come to find out?

people have massive cases of inferiority complexes, they cherrypick and everything is a confirmation bias opinion. save for maybe 1% of users

it's also about what makes us human, by undergoing the treatment to make him a 'good' person he also looses the ability to choose for himself turning him into a more of a 'clockwork orange' than a man

most people are not good at leaving material hedonism and they do not even want to, but they sure love to fantasize about being good people, better than mere animals. Even the few ascetics manage to remain hedonistic because they do asceticism only to feel better about themselves, precisely because they see that most people are not as ascetic as them.

>Burgess' point is deeper. A society without spiritualism is a depraved one.

OP here, yeah that's what I thought aswell. Without a greater purpose humans will lose their moral center and direction. They will succumb to their natural instincts.

I have to say, I kind of found this movie a bit overrated. Feels like Kubrick was just affirming many of my thoughts about the human condition, so this movie didn't really give me anything. Maybe this movie acts as some kind of deglamorization of human beings for some people, but being the edgy jaded fuck that I am, I can't help but feel this movie left me disappointed.

movie should have included the final chapter in the book

WELL... WELL WELL WELL WELL WELL

Excuse my laziness and literary plebness but what happened in said final chapter?

Im still mad the movie didn't show the scene where alex kills some inmate in prision because the inmate wanted to give him the old in out.

TRY THE WINE

I like how they reference it in fargo.

youtube.com/watch?v=g8XChxQBmHY

That bodyguard dude was huge for that time period.

>movie should have included the final chapter in the book
No, it's shit
Basically the Alex matures in the end of the story and decides to put away his adolescent mischief and strive to become a better person/adult. It's a waste of time, and gives Alex character development he had never shown in the previous 20 chapters. It dilutes the ultimate message of the story, and is completely worthless. Kubrick was smart to not include it, which is a major reason why the film is better than the book.

Bané?

>character matures
>manchildren despise the idea
Not very surprising from Sup Forums. And Kubrick didn't opt to keep it out, he didn't even know it existed.

Not him but it would go against the movie completely.

Alex has no character development, and it would make no sense for him to have it just at the end.

>movie should have included the final chapter in the book

The end sequence is an obvious marriage metaphor, so it does elude to Alex bettering himself.

Reminder that Alex feeling ill from committing violence was all an act, and completely intentional. Kubrick was a master of film.

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8617YZ2YE

No, not even close. Wait a year and watch again and then re-post. Good luck.

Darth Vader

It's just a dark comedy. The only underlying message would be that people should have choice to do good or bad instead of being forced to do good against their will

Rape

It's basically about nature vs. nurture and the movie argues in favor of nature.

You need to watch it on acid to get it.

>Did I get it?
NO

film with such rich themes and thats all you took form it? rewatch when you have some life experience

Rewatch it once you turn 14 OP.

Friendly reminder that Clockwork Orange was cheap trash made quickly for money and the author hates it.

Pretentious crap.

Maybe the author could do better like Stephen Kings superior film version of The Shining.

Don't worry OP, it's one of his worst films

The film wasn't the book. The book was dashed off quickly for money, the film wasn't.

Yes. Been there done that. Really cranks it up to 11, especially all the humor.

No

I think it was a treatise on psychology and psychotherapy. Alex being a representation of the id and how society and religion (representations of the super ego) suppress specific urges considered uncivilized. Alex's narration equals the ego.