Do we need to ban assault weapons?

Do we need to ban assault weapons?

no, we need to ban you!

Assault weapons are already banned

We should ban murder then maybe people will stop it, just like they did with drugs and drug paraphernalia. When was the last time you saw anything like that?

Define assault weapon.

Assault "weapon" is a made up legal term. You're probably thinking about "assault rifles" which denotes fully automatic intermediate-caliber military rifles such as the M16A4 and AKM.

Assault Weapons is a made up term.

We (nearly) banned fully automatic machine guns. We have background checks to ban criminals from purchasing all forms of firearms through FFLs. What we need is to harden targets so that the bad guys can't just stroll in and begin an assault without being under threat themselves.

automatic rifle

Didn't work when Clinton did it. Won't work now. Firearms aren't the problem. Mental healthcare is the real problem.

Not banned, heavily restricted but legal to own.

That's not the definition. State assault weapon bans in places like CA and NY specifically ban semi-auto military "style" rifles that have certain cosmetic features which resemble fully automatic rifles.

No such thing as an assault weapon. I have an assault golf club cus I wacked some homeless meth bitch with it, nope it’s just a golf club

Sad but true. Idiotic.

>What we need is to harden targets so that the bad guys can't just stroll in
Yeah, lets get cops to open up a miniature station inside of schools and public places and pat downs and TSA-tier scanners in every place that's been targeted by mass shooters. And then complain about muh freedumbs when they want to ban a particular type of firearm.
Kill yourself you dumb fucking faggot. You are so fucking dumb.

It's funny how people now want to ban AR-15s when 3 times as many Americans are bludgeoned to death every year than die from rifles of all kinds.

No, we should ban semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines. There is no legitimate reason for anybody to have one, hunting is bullshit. No self respecting hunter drops deer with .223, faggots only use AR 15's to satisfy their gun fetishes and shoot up schools when it strikes their fancy.

So you're saying that a defended school is a bad idea because...?

wut? ARs and AKs are literally the best and most popular rifle for varmint control (hogs and coyotes). And .223 is legal for deer in many states. Don't be so butthurt just because you don't know shit about hunting and pest control.

The right to bear sticks is a sacred and hallowed tradition that shall not be infringed!

Because AR-15s only come in .223 or 5.56, you enormous faggot.

Checked, and you are a fucking retarded faggot.

Assault weapons are banned. Modern Sporting Rifles like the AR15 aren’t fully auto.

no, dont worry.

>There is no legitimate reason for anybody to have one

kek, good thing your precious feelings don't overrule the bill of rights

lol, looks like you'll have to learn how to shoot instead of blindly firing at animals from a helicopter. kys. There is no reason to own a semi-automatic rifle. They are useless for home defense for obvious reasons, unless you feel like killing your neighbors across the street in their living room. They are unnecessary for hunting, at best. They are absolutely ideal weapons for mass shootings because of the lethality of the round, ammunition capacity, and high accuracy at range. Why the fuck do they need to be legal?

Then why can't the average person walk into a store and buy a mini gun? Oh yeah, because of extensive regulation designed to keep weapons like that out of the hands of bad guys. It's literally just adding a type of weapon to an existing list.

The problem isn't weapons but fucked up and lost people. Our societies are sick

>They are useless for home defense for obvious reasons, unless you feel like killing your neighbors across the street in their living room.

SWAT teams use ARs because they fragment upon impact, which makes them LESS likely to penetrate multiple walls vs pistol or shotgun buckshot due to energy loss during fragmentation. Pistol hollowpoint tips usually clog with drywall and don't expand, and shotgun pellets don't expand because they're not designed to. High velocity fragmenting 5.56 is literally the safest round to use indoors. But nice try.

prey animals want to ban hawks too

are you going to deny that Russia pushes the second amendment narrative to weaken american communities and schools because they want to undermine the spread of democracy and human rights

There are already an estimated 8 to 10 million AR-15s already in private hands. You think a ban is going to make them all disappear? You think every gun owner, or even a majority, will obey a clearly unconstitutional law? Good fucking luck. I sure as shit won't comply.

"Assault weapons"

Eh, I've been deemed "too mentally unstable" to be near guns. So I don't give a shit really.

The AR-15 is not an "assault weapon". It is not a machine gun. It is not an automatic rifle.

Once the snowflakes learn what they're talking about, I'd be happy to have a discussion.

Right...

Love to see you clear a passel of hogs from some thick brush using a bolt action. All it takes is a single boar to ruin your day user.

you're gonna have to take all the bullets first, one at a time.

Yeah my ex ruins mine daily.

i was thinking about this on my way home frome work, if all those protesting students spending half that energy giving the wierd loner kids some attention there would be a lot less shootings.

No
We need to ban mood altering medication

I don't deny that. The gun issue is a huge divide in America, of course Russia wants to exploit that to cause instability in our society. Doesn't change the fact that gun rights are civil rights.

you lost.

All it takes a single 19 year old to ruin 17 kids' day you faggot, we can play this game all day. Your right to a hardon from shooting pigs does not trump my kid's right to a safer school.

People are easy to kill, get over it. One raghead in france killed 80+ with a fucking rented truck.

trips of truth!

Right that. And if the current trend would not try hard to destroy the core of whatever left of many families, that would help too. The lack of life values is pretty showing these days.

BLM taught idiots to distrust police
Antifa taught idiots to distrust the structure of government
And now, we have pimply 16 year olds teaching idiots to distrust our Constitutional rights.

So some asshats mistake means an entire nation is forced to use nerf tools to do their jobs? How about you stop shifting the blame a punish the the man swinging the axe? Or has the concept of personal responsibility and accountability finally been routed from the country?

>Your right to a hardon from shooting pigs does not trump my kid's right to a safer school.
actually the right to own firearms is enshrined in our founding documents.

a right feel safe at the state run babbysitters (or anywhere else) isn't.

The shooter was staying at a friend's house after his mom died and he had a stable job. He was the kid who was expelled from school for bullying. He had a pretty normal life, he was just an angry kissless virgin who had a bad valentine's day. If this kid was a red flag everyone in a feels thread should be institutionalized.

Yes, normal kids have the police pay a visit to them a dozen times. Makes sense.

mind altering substances are distributed trough the drinkin water user, the govt uses this to keep the population docile and under control. but sometimes people are resistant to the effect so a higly trained assasin is send into schools to remove them at a young age or at a concert where large crowds of possible resistant people are all togheter at once . the assasin then commits suicede or is shot by the police after taking the targets out, always also targeting some inocent bystanders so no pattern can be decerned, the govt then spins the sory for it's own good and nothing changes.

10/10

Not through the drinking water... With a glass of water. EVERY school shooter is on anti-depressants even the Vegas shooter was.

Weird loner kid detected...

I just don't understand what people want when they make the mental health argument. This kid was never put into the system, so any reform or funding there wouldn't have made a difference. Psychiatrists don't go rounding weird kids up so they can be institutionalized, you have to seek help for mental illness. It's not a crime. Literally no one in the mental health community has said that changes to the mental health system would prevent mass shootings, its a talking point for politicians. There are serious issues that mentally ill people face that our mental health system should address properly, but most of that has to do with them living on the streets and being the VICTIMS of violent crime. Mentally ill people commit violent crime at about the same rate as genpop.

The people who cry for "mental health reform" literally just want the 1700's solution of locking every weird person up in asylums for life.

No, because "assault weapon" is such a vague term. It's an attempt to find a magical one-stop-fix-all to the mass shooting issue. Better protect schools, have better background checks, have cops that aren't utter pussies that stand outside as children are shot, and stop trying to do this theatrical bullshit.

How about we sterilize the mentally inept and this problem will be fixed in a few generations

The police had been to this kids house 39 times.

It isn't about 'locking every weird person up' This kid had been reported time and again. It's a government failure

this is posed as a question of policy and morality, but first it is a question of fact and definition.

please reformat your question to narrow down the thesis. thank you.

Oh, Russia supports the Bill of Rights? Better fucking get rid of that then. Wouldn't want anyone to suspect us of being commies.

trump's going to up the age of purchase on rifles, and get rid of bump stocks. I think that's fantastic. Also he's going to get rid of high capacity mags.

>Define assault weapon.

Anything I have been conditioned to find scary looking.

>because that's what the NRA told me

you're so clever :)

so you are admittedly pushing a russia-backed narrative (that contributes to the danger that our children are up against every day), because you have fallen for the other russian narrative that guns are a "civil right".

Dragon Dildos.

>lethality of the round
>high accuracy at range
Which isn't remotely necessary when shooting human size targets in tight and short hallways...and worst possible round for the objective.

Yup. America needs a lesson in humility. I think if weapons are taken away, we should see people use more common sense than violence.

>>because that's what the NRA told me

NRA tells me nothing. I, like millions of other members, tell the NRA what to do by supporting them with our hard earned money. We do so because we want to promote the things we collectively believe in, such as shutting down cucks like you.

Just raise the age limit on semiauto firearms to 21. If you can be trusted with both alcohol and a car, then you can be trusted with a semiauto rifle.

Why not raise it to 50.

nope

So you are admittedly pushing a russia-backed narrative that the civil rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights are merely "civil rights", sarcastic quotes, and not really rights at all? It sound like you have fallen for the Sino-Russian narrative that Americans should give up their guns.

>Yup. America needs a lesson in humility. I think if weapons are taken away, we should see people use more common sense than violence.

Myself and 100 million other normal, non-criminal, non-violent, non-mentally ill gun owners didn't kill anything last week, yet you stupid fucks want to disarm all of us. How about this, if you think that collecting up and destroying 300+ million guns is a feasible thing to accomplish, then rounding up 11 million illegal aliens should be a piece of cake.

This. There's a good reason insurance companies keep your rates higher between 16-25, it's because people are more irresponsible in that time-frame.

Obviously not, no one else will protect you or your family, not even the police or the fbi

Russia has never backed americans giving up guns. In fact, they are one of the key actors funneling dark money through the NRA to encourage these tradgedies. Russia developed the second assault rifle ever made. The first was made by the Nazis. America only adopted them when forced to by our inhumane enemies which were using assault weapons to murder our 18-19 year old servicemen and civillians alike in distant lands.

I think you need to calm down and coexist with others. Guns kill people and that's a fact

>because that's what David (((Hogg))) told me

you're so clever :)

I coexist fine. My guns have killed no one. My guns are a danger to no one other than someone trying to break into my house while I'm home.

Not a single armed person died in that shooting. Think about that for a second.

I am best at coexisting with others when they leave me the fuck alone and do not spew estrogen laced garbage about my scary possessions

Report: Four of Sheriff Scott Israel’s Deputies Waited Outside Douglas High During School Shooting

Different kind of crime, and cannot be controlled like guns can.

You do realize this is exactly what they do in gang ridden areas right?

>Report: Four of Sheriff Scott Israel’s Deputies Waited Outside Douglas High During School Shooting

That's scary. That department needs to rethink its hiring and training practices. People died because people not qualified for the job were on the job.

Everyone with a gun survived the shooting.

>controlled like guns

Sounds neato on paper but how do you propose to collect 300+ million guns from 100 million people who do not wish to be disarmed?

Punishing the man swinging the axe is already what we do. It's not enough though.

What does this even mean, you arrogant and ignorant fuck?

This is a half-decent troll. 5/10. But you are trying to hard.

Honestly, I could care less. "assault" rifles are frivolous anyway. As long as I can keep a bolt or lever action rifle to hunt with, I don't give a shit.

We need to ban humans.

Obviously you can't, not without taking away the "do not wish to be disarmed" part. It's only a matter of time, really.

> brings up trolls
> doesn't speak english very well "Trying to hard"

How is the weather in St Petersburg?

People killed each other before guns were around. This is not some magic that will suddenly make the world a peaceful place. In fact, the people who retain firearms illegally will likely make the place starkley more violent. Sorry Siddhartha, this is not the path to enlightenment.

No
Because pic related

Also, twice as many people every year are killed with bare hands.

Takes one to know one, cyka.

Good for you?

Plus, the armed people at the school all survived. All of them.