Update 3: I think someone's been in my house

Update 3: I think someone's been in my house

For those that missed it.
>I live off campus at the University of Iowa and have lived alone in the house since 2015
>I woke up around 12:30 to go to my computer science discussion
>I went to go take a shower and noticed a lot of things were out of place or had been knocked over. (Hand soap in the sink, shampoo knocked into the tub, my razor knocked off the ledge, etc)
>I then noticed a SIM card (pictured) in the drain of my shower.

I took your suggestions
>Carbon monoxide problem
Bought a detector and the whole house didn't set it off
>Someone with a key
I replaced all the locks
>You sleepwalking
I put an actual lock on my room door and put a line of tape at chest level throughout the house
>Government spying
This felt like the least likely one, however I did check around, and ordered something that allows you to check for cameras

I plan on taping up all my windows and doors, that way I'll know if someone is coming in or not. I still want a way to find out what's on this card and where it came from. I'll post more pics to the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6S0jw06UAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic of Sim card up close

rip OP.

buy a cheap phone and plug that sim card in

rig up some shotgun tripwires

How long has this been going on for?
Contact the authorities?

Show me moar evidence
>pic related

Some people wanted to see the bathroom, here

Just happened today man, like I said all locks have been replaced, and doors barricaded

bump cuz spooks

Chest level tape

>window in the shower
that's Iowa for ya

do you have cameras? you could always try setting up a little webcam and recording overnight

get a fucking gun retard

jewyorkfag here. i have a window just above my shower
it's fucking weird

this. only way to know for sure is to record

This. It will be worth it if you find something out. And Op, if you are viewing the tape / recording, make sure you aren't in the house.

Get some bars for your window.

If theyre coming in it's likely through the window

this, however booby traps are quite illegal(felony), so in my legal counsel, i would not recommend the booby traps

Yeah, that wouldnt be a problem.
I am armed, you have to be in Iowa City and on campus. Its a fucking amazing University, but a shithole of a town
Every house I've lived in has been like that

Any entry for rodents or something that may have knocked things about?
Motion activated cameras around the house will tell you for sure.

>time to use pic related

I have it here in California too. I think you are the weird one hehe

I am boarding up an old fire window that the previous occupants had installed for their child

>What is a fire window
A fire window is this retarded idea for sealing a window so it's easily opened in case of emergency so the firefighters can get inside. It also allows any asshole with a. Screwdriver in

Hey I work at the University of Iowa. Live over in Coralville.

OP is a sleep walker or is LARPing. fuck off back to /x/

I don't have issues with rodents, the only rodents around here are the fucking people.

You replaced the locks so no one is gojig tthrough the door. Presumebaly you checked the integrity of the windows?

Do you drink a lot OP ior do drugs?

Oh shit? What do you do there?

Sounds like a raccoon or possum is getting in your apartment.

You seem to have reasonable means.....go get a couple decent motion sensing cameras along with everything else you've outlined and you'll be straight.

did you leave the slaves cage unlocked?

Not since highschool
user, I just blew $75 bucks on tape and detectors and another $90 on locks. I don't have money to larp like this

Have you put the sim in a phone?
Checked to see if theres any info on it?

Work with lab animals.

These raccoons planting verizon sim cards are getting out of hand

so you either sleepwalk, abuse substances or you have rodents. pretty simple m8

Do you have an attic? One of my friends had a guy living in her attic for months before they discovered him.

this. i've read a few stories and it seems more common than you'd think

OOoh, I have seen these videos on youtube, shit actually happens.

It's been a long fucking day, I want to unwind a bit before I have to work on my weekly coding assignment. I plan on getting one in the morning.
Shit.....
I have no idea where I could get them locally, don't really feel comfortable bulk ordering cameras

Pic is from when the twin peaks tour bus caught fire outside the Iowa memorial union

Raccoons collect stuff like that all the time. They’re autistic.

I do... I can go check, haven't been up there since I was storing stuff with my ex. It's only accessable through the garage though.

OP is obviously mentally ill and doesn’t know he’s on the slow slide to living on the street.

Yeah, I'm arming myself in case, give me a minute to get shit together and get loaded.

Artistic rakins.

livestream it
>op hunts homeless guy in attic
>part 1

... I'm doing just fine for myself, I'm a 3.8 student who hasn't really ever had any metal problems.

dear OP,

if you are seeing this, you are in a coma
wake up

>Metel problem detected

I'll take pics

BRUH....
youtube.com/watch?v=W6S0jw06UAc
It's the same thing, students living off campus find a strange room and turns out a man was living there. Good luck OP

Dis gon be good

Bumpity Bump

What happen on previous thread?

bump for things that go bump in the night

there's a nice free motion detecting webcam app called "yawcam" (yet another web cam). it has sensitivity settings and you should play with it. if it notices movement based on visual change, it takes snapshots or records tiny video clips. it's pretty good and can run all day. the pics and videos don't have to take up a lot of space and if your machine is average speed it will be nice.

I think user just posted about how stuff was moved around.

You can get cameras for game trails at a sporting goods store. They'll be motion activated. You can even hide them outside in a tree to record the exterior.

Alright, op here, I didn't get murder hoboed yet. All I saw was my old dog crate (rip Aesop), a couple of monitor boxes, my grandfather's suitcase, and some emtibess

I'll post more pics as I go though

Yup, I was posting as I was pulling into the north ramp, side note fuck the north ramp and everyone who just runs in front of cars

>enhance

Oh yeah, I think dicks over in coralville has some. I'll check on pricing

>A sim card
>Someone took apart their phone and removed a tiny card, while in your shower

I applaud your dedication with the extra pictures though

It's hard to hold onto that shitty ladder and take pics,

Are there any crawl spaces in/under the house?

It's fucking retarded sounding, I know. I am not claiming that someone broke in and put their shit in here, however I am at a loss for an explanation. I don't just have Sim cards lying around.

rodents find and carry shit literally anywhere

Just get a fucking camera dude. Or use a laptop camera.

I don't have a rodent problem, this fat bastard is the closest thing i have to a rodent

have to tried putting the sim card in a phone to see what number it has and then searching it?

I would if I had a webcam or laptop.
I may set up my phone though

You can get an arlo camera setup from best buy for around $250 if memory serves.

The app to control it sucks major dick but the camera itself and how it works are great.

The only phone I have at the moment is the one I am using to post. I will go out and purchase a cheap one tomorrow. It's been a long fucking week of lab exams and I just want to sleep. I will post an update tomorrow though.

If anything happens to me, I look like a fat Richard Spencer with a couple tattoos.

that is your answer then amigo

He's shit scared of the bathroom after I had to give him a bath when he got sick, he refuses to go near it at all.

Yeah, but why did the cat need to ditch a sim card in the sink? Are the feds on to it?

er, shower. Whatever

Interesting thread op. Hope you figure it out, stay safe

It is almost certainly a coon

if it is
then absolutely the cat would be terrified. you have covered all other bases. if it's not you sleepwalking, drunk/on drugs, a hobo or someone breaking in, it is a coin, rodent whatever

He's too retarded for drug mule purposes
How would they get in? It's not like I leave my home open to coons, I barely let other humans in.

This cat is obviously dealing drugs out of your home. He felt the cops closing in on him so he destroyed his phone and tried to flush the sim card before the house got raided. Enjoy prison nerd.

they get in literally anywhere they can. if there's even a small hole, or they dig underground and come in through or beside piping, vents. anywhere

Hey, op making his final post for this thread.

I don't really have much else to post tonight, I don't really feel like going out again. However tomorrow I'll go pick up a cheap phone and see what I can find off it.

Anyone know what a cheap phone is that I can do this with, id prefer not to blow a ton of money on it.

Bump

buy a few cameras and just return them after a few nights.

This is possible OP. There's a lot of blacks in Iowa City.

Dude you might have toxic black mold. Mate and i dealt with that shit. Causes amnesia, time distortion, clumsiness, and general slowing and dying. Had broken dishes all the time.

He could still be an informant. Interrogate the cat. I wonder though, could you have just tracked the sim card in on your foot?

OP, clearly the only logical and reasonable explanation for all this shenanigans is that your house is cursed.

Get a bible, a priest and possibly a ouija. Good luck.

Set up security camera outside of your house as well in case the lock change and barricade works.

This is the first thing I can't explain. This isn't a common thing.

He sucks them off. For science.

this

It's probably the feral cats. Or some drugged up hooker

I have motions detectors outside that trigger 4 flood lights and wake me up.
I don't know if I sleepwalk, however i don't own that Sim card.
I havent done drugs since freshman year of highschool. About 6-7 years ago
I did buy a trap for rodents a year ago, I'll go set it out tonight to see if anything bites.

Bump

post more cat

First thing I thought. Had possum get into my house. Could be the rat was carrying around the sim card, they nibble on and carry weird shit around.

Get some dowel rods for the windows OP. Tape them. Do you have an attic?

To test the rodent theory (you can have a coon or possum in your house that you'd never know about, easily). Leave a bit of garbage like a cat food can in the bathroom, and sit out in the hallway in the dark all night being very quiet, and just see what happens. Thats how I found out, was at my computer in a room looking into my hallway, had left a bag of trash at the bottom of the stairs, I turn around and this fucking monster possum is staring at me.

Caught the fucker and tossed him outside, mother fucker was coming right back down the stairs a couple hours later. Do you have vines or tall trees on/near your house, something he can climb on to get to the roof?

Other than that, talcum powder all over your floors and taped windows and doors should rule out a human intruder, actually come to think of it that would probably work to find critter footprints too.

Raccoons can open fucking locks, dont put anything past them.

if it turns out to be a homeless person, will you cum inside of it to assert your dominance over it?

That sounds like the best idea ever

hop on amazon and look up motion sensor spy camera, purchase one for $20-$30 and wait